Using the Loader (1 Viewer)

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
Calling all people who know what they're doing...[size=6pt]because I don't
I have the loader, along with 7zip. I can open up the loader file collection with no problem. However, I don't have any idea how I get the thing to run. I've tried the "GetFlashWindows" icon, but Norton keeps bugging out on me and stopping the download, apparently due to "suspicious files"...

Anybody have an idea on what to do/try/bash into my keyboard?

Thanks!

Edit: And, if there's already something explaining my issue, meaning I pulled a douchebag tl;dr move, I apologize profusely.[/size]

ModGuy

Content Creator
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3601.0

EDIT:

The GetFlashWindows was reported as being a false positive already, I've removed it to avoid confusion. It basically downloaded the standalone flash player for convenience. It has since been replaced with the URL to Adobe's site where downloads for each platform are available.

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's the thing I needed. Cool!

Now, to clarify, do I run the game using the Loader file as an swf, or am I just misinterpreting things?

ModGuy

Content Creator
Zeb the Bear said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's the thing I needed. Cool!

Now, to clarify, do I run the game using the Loader file as an swf, or am I just misinterpreting things?

What's to clarify? Run it the same way you would SDT.

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor

I meant do I run the game on the site I normally use, uploading the Loader file as a .swf file, or is there something else I'm supposed to be doing with that thing.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Zeb the Bear said:
I meant do I run the game on the site I normally use, uploading the Loader file as a .swf file, or is there something else I'm supposed to be doing with that thing.

MG said:
It has since been replaced with the URL to Adobe's site where downloads for each platform are available.

MG said:
Make sure to use the standalone player whenever possible, this can help to prevent potential issues:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
Please note that the focus is on "Projector", you may use any version of the player that you wish but it must be at least v10.3
Adobe%20Flash%20Player%20-%20Downloads.png

You must be doing this on purpose.
Use the standalone player, no other method is considered as reliable.

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
I promise I'm not usually this incompetent, truly.

Now that I've (unintentionally) made myself out to be that kind of idiot, let me retreat into the woodwork and see if I can figure the rest out by myself.

Much obliged for the...well, not exactly help, more of just swatting me on the head and pointing me in the right direction. Regardless, thanks!

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
Everything's working just fine, excepting two things. Firstly, I can't seem to get the Modder to move anything but her legs, and Second, I'm trying to use some of the "Manual" files, but they aren't working. I tried creating a character and just using one of the examples, neither of them worked. Suggestions?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i thought the modder was deprecated and no longer included with the loader?

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
Apparently not! It doesn't work well at all, so removal makes sense. But it seemed like it was the go-to tool for posing, so I gave it a shot.

Edit: Oh, and to specify what's not working in the "Manual" files, it seems to be only the nipple files that are acting up...

ModGuy

Content Creator
The content you're working with is no longer supported, I believe.
Where are you finding these files?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
this actually sound like anon's loader archive, pretty sure he had a 'manual' character folder that wasn't set up, but just for loading through the modding tab

pretty sure that is outdated, but doubt anon has been around to tweak his post

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
this actually sound like anon's loader archive, pretty sure he had a 'manual' character folder that wasn't set up, but just for loading through the modding tab

pretty sure that is outdated, but doubt anon has been around to tweak his post
Yep, I'm using the Archive. If it's just not compatible with the game, I won't try and use it.

Though I did find out that you're supposed to use the animtool for posing, I couldn't open it with the flash player...I will keep looking around, unless there's something I'm missing. And yes, I did read the note saying I should learn AS3 and then read the src.as file. But it seems like somebody figured out an easier way of using the animtool...

Edit: For the record, I am using the animtool included with all the other things. Don't know if there's another one or not.

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
Okay, but I can't find a download for another animtool, unless you mean the one that came with the pack, which didn't come with any tutorials (at least for me it didn't). I did find the video tutorial for the animtool that sby put out, in case you were wondering.

Just more me being blind. Found it...thanks again for the support!

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
All right, this is the last thing I'm having an issue with. I can't see any of the positioning controls when I load the animtool. I've followed the instructions in regards to setting up the two different kinds of programs, but they don't display the controls that should be on the right. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.