Tried converting someone elses mod to FLA format in order to make a personal edit, doesn't load (1 Viewer)

cheezeebred

Potential Patron
I've been having fun editing Dantes FLA mods for my own use, but I'm trying to do this with other mods by converting the SWF to FLA with JPEXS. This conversion works and I can make the edits I want in adobe animate, however they dont load in the loader. What could I be missing here?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've been having fun editing Dantes FLA mods for my own use, but I'm trying to do this with other mods by converting the SWF to FLA with JPEXS. This conversion works and I can make the edits I want in adobe animate, however they dont load in the loader. What could I be missing here?
You're probably missing the necessary ActionScript. If you're using a vanilla import, then you may not have applied the appropriate instance names to your shapes.

Either run through the tutorials to learn how to put together a mod, or share the FLA file so that we can check for omissions.

cheezeebred

Potential Patron
Hmmm looks like you're right, when I hit F9 there are no scripts in there. The scripts show up in JPEXS before I do the import, so it looks like the scripts aren't making it through the exporting process somehow. I would upload the file, but theres just nothing in there besides the mod shapes and whatnot.

Do I just need to add the necessary lines of script under main? Or do I need symbol definition too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.