Trap/CD BreastPlate Request (1 Viewer)

sfadv

Potential Patron
This is my 1st time requesting something hope I don't break any rules.
So pretty much a breastplate are "fake breasts". Prefered breast size: 120.
Some reference images:

$_1.JPG
ca1231a76eb2486c22c5bdd779fb5055.png

So if I knew how to do it, and I have tried, I would make a horizontal black(shadow) line below the boobs, a vertical one on the side and another one just below the neck, I would change the colour to look different than the normal sdt and would try to make it not look real skin but almost like plastic or some fabric. Would try to add some straps to hold them either like the picture above or around the neck.

Either way thanks in advance to anyone who read.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello S sfadv . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

Some reference images:
These images demonstrate the concept, but they aren't ideal references. Because these are photographs, an artist would need to use a lot of imagination when creating this mod. This is a problem when working with a sexual fetish -- the artist might not know the criteria for success. Should the artwork be based on normal breast sprites but with blurred texture and a few supporting straps added? Or should it be a blatantly obvious prosthetic whose color is incorrectly matched and which lacks nipples entirely? Is it suppposed to be sexy or funny or simply utilitarian?

If you can find a cartoon or anime-style image which depicts the desired visual effect then the odds of success will become much higher. I would also encourage you to rehost your images (on a site such as imgur) instead of hotlinking them.

So if I knew how to do it, and I have tried,
Please go ahead and share your files! Whether they're FLA or SVG or PNG or even just photographs of sketches that you've drawn, this material will be very useful to any modder who attempts the task.

Alternatively: if you're willing to attempt the project again then you could draw your work onto the SVG or PSD template. A modder can then import your art into Flash, fit it onto the template system, and publish a working SWF file.

I would make a horizontal black(shadow) line below the boobs, a vertical one on the side and another one just below the neck
Could you please sketch these changes onto a SDT screenshot? I assume that the neck detail is a shadow cast by the halterneck strap, but the first two are less clear to me. I don't understand why they would be lines rather than curves ... but we can probably resolve the confusion with a quick MSPaint sketch.

I would change the colour to look different than the normal sdt and would try to make it not look real skin but almost like plastic or some fabric.
You should probably make a clear choice here. The two reference images diverge on realism, with one presenting semi-realistic plastic skin and the other presenting fabric with a suitable shape but unconvincing texture. If your new reference images present a clear choice (e.g. glossy plastic) then that's fine; if not then you should explain it clearly.

Would try to add some straps to hold them either like the picture above or around the neck.
Halterneck designs are slightly tricky to mod because SDT rigging doesn't usually accommodate physics. Imagine that the girls' torso remains perfectly still while she leans her neck as far back as possible. We would expect the whole breastplate to rise slightly (or at least for the neck strap to visibly stretch). But that can't occur unless you add Loader features to the mod.

Actually, that bring up another point. Is the breastplate supposed to be rigid? Should the breasts jiggle as the girl moves and breathes, or should they remain fixed in-place (to remind the viewer that they're fake)?

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
An idea:
Use the in-game breasts from the Body template, colour them in black and put them on the Top template as rgbFill. Then add staps on the other layers with hems and the same rgbFill, eventually on the Collar template.
After, the colour of the skin could be slightly modified by using the Top RGB slider with a small alpha value and desired colour.

Here is an example of my proposal:
8LN8uyt.jpg
I made only the breast rgbFill "mask" and drew simple straps on the back layer (there are clipping problems with the Right Arm and Torso Under layers), but this shows it could be done easily, unless a more complex design is required.

sfadv

Potential Patron
Alright guys thanks for the replys!
I ll try to do what you suggested and will post it here soon.

sfadv

Potential Patron
Alright heres my reply:
>If you can find a cartoon or anime-style image
Sadly I couldn't, I searched google and nothing showed up, the animes that I know just make them look like real breasts as if they were part of the guys skin.

>Please go ahead and share your files!

I didnt save them, I screeshoted SDT cropped the breast area in GIMP(free photoshop) pasted them into Flash over a template and they didnt match plus the cropping wasnt smooth. Also when I tried to save one, as horrible as it was, just to see if it was working. SDT just made "animated" breasts,like they would start small->grow->reset and so on lol.

>Could you please sketch these changes onto a SDT screenshot?

Yes here they are.
4mKmvwO.png
6e843041-2d1b-4a56-bf3b-a526e0ceb15e
6e843041-2d1b-4a56-bf3b-a526e0ceb15e
dxDsUMS.png

>You should probably make a clear choice here

I actually like SyntaxError's coloring.

To SyntaxError:

I actually like what you did there. The only thing that I would change would be the separation between the skin and the plate, like a shadow or a line. But other than that I would use your mod 100%.

Again Thanks for the awesome and fast replys.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I actually like what you did there. The only thing that I would change would be the separation between the skin and the plate, like a shadow or a line. But other than that I would use your mod 100%.
This was just a test, with only the fills (colours) and no lines.
I still have many things on my to-do list, but I am going to make something like your second drawing as it will take me only a few minutes (I do not really like the first one with the strings, as it doesn't seem to be physicaly possible).
I will just add a strap behind the shoulder and make the oulines less dark (I think that 50% alpha black will be all right).

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It may take a bit longer than expected...
I am having problems with connecting the back and chest layers and in the clavicles region.
Shoulders and breasts are quite complex/complicated in SDT mods. :confused:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I am having problems with connecting the back and chest layers and in the clavicles region.
If it's strictly a breastplate then you can draw the whole thing on the BACK layer. Assume that it will be used with 0-size breasts -- so you can ignore the risk that the underlying breasts might bounce around and peek out from behind the breastplate.

If you want the breastplate to include resizable jiggly breasts and remain connected by straps to the girl's back or shoulders then you could try some Loader techniques. Huitznahua's bikini mods employed some scripting and physics to create elastic bikini straps, for example. It's only necessary if the straps attach very near to the breasts; if the attachment point is near the middle of the girl's torso (as shown in your screenshots) then conventional techniques should suffice.

Shoulders and breasts are quite complex/complicated in SDT mods. :confused:
The layering can be a bit annoying. Aligning the elements (to create a seamless transition at the BACK-CHEST border) can be tricky (but maybe that's just because I suck at drawing). The animation details (for breathing and breast movement) aren't especially complicated, since it's all just affine transformations.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
If it's strictly a breastplate then you can draw the whole thing on the BACK layer. Assume that it will be used with 0-size breasts -- so you can ignore the risk that the underlying breasts might bounce around and peek out from behind the breastplate.
I intend to make a breast size adaptable mod in fact (so I also have to make a tween on the chest layer to make the plate go more down for bigger breasts).
I do not think that static fake breasts would be very realistic nor fun. If Konashion's breasts may sway a bit much, I guess that @sby's breastfirmness mod can be used.

By the way, did you ever noticed that if semi-transparent layers collide and add the colours with normal layers, they do not with rgbFill layers:
PBNinak.jpg

(left: rgbFill with 40/255 alpha, right: plain black with 60% alpha)
I do not know how Kona did code this, but I find it quite nice and maybe useful for some kind of mods.

I also discovered that the alpha silder of the Top template do affect the Top costume even if there is no rgbFill symbols.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I intend to make a breast size adaptable mod in fact (so I also have to make a tween on the chest layer to make the plate go more down for bigger breasts).
That's going to add some complexity for the straps. You can setup the horizontal "torso" strap in a static way by choosing a single position which fits (approximately) for all breast sizes. But the neck/collar/shoulder strap could be more difficult. If you're willing to attach the straps to a static position on the torso (regardless of breast size and breast motion) then you'll be fine. If you want the strap to stretch in order to remain consistently attached to the top of the breasts then I believe that you'd need to use Loader scripting.

The vanilla game theoretically has a bra-strap mod element, but it's not properly implemented. It's somewhat similar to the extended template categories (e.g. LEGWEAR), except that LEGWEAR is just visual (draw something on the correct layer) whereas the bra straps also have behavior (i.e. connection and animation). Huit and I were unable to salvage the vanilla bra-strap system; we instead wrote new behavior for straps within the bikini mods.

By the way, did you ever noticed that if semi-transparent layers collide and add the colours with normal layers, they do not with rgbFill layers:
Do you mean something like "a shirt mod -- which contains semi-transparent rgbFill layers -- being drawn on top of normal skin layers"? I'm not entirely sure. All of the rgbFill stuff which I've done recently has behaved in a fairly predictable way and has not demonstrated any "surprises" like the one reported here ... but I have not been working recently with rgbFill elements on the CHEST or BREAST layers.

CHEST is somewhat special because it sometimes overlaps with nearby elements (BACK, UNDERBOOB, etc). Obviously that looks very bad if the item is intended to be semi-transparent. So it's possible that @Konashion used different fill logic for this area in particular. But I can't confirm this suspicion, because I can't recall any such details at the moment.

And anyways it seems like you're happy with the discovery, so it's not actually something which we need to "fix" :)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Do you mean something like "a shirt mod -- which contains semi-transparent rgbFill layers -- being drawn on top of normal skin layers"? I'm not entirely sure. All of the rgbFill stuff which I've done recently has behaved in a fairly predictable way and has not demonstrated any "surprises" like the one reported here ... but I have not been working recently with rgbFill elements on the CHEST or BREAST layers.
Maybe my exemple wasn't clear enough. Here is another one:
DChhRPN.jpg

Left is back, chest & right breast with rgbFill symbols and a 100/255 alpha teal, right is without symbols and 50% alpha pink.
Here are the FLAs if you want to make tests: Top rgbFill Test.fla / Top Plain Test.fla

There is a problem still: if plain colour shapes are drawn on the Top template, they will be affected by changing its alpha value. So, to get non-overlapping semi-transparent shapes on the top AND 100% alpha shapes, a trick needs to be found.
I was thinking of putting top's fill RGB slider on another layer and using normal colours for the lines, but on Vanilla, only the Top and Legwear A & B RGB sliders have alpha sliders, and it is not possible to make Legwear A & B mods...
And no, I do not want to make Loader mods still! :tongue:

I really want to make this mod breast adjustable and RGB adjustable, so the user can choose the size of the fake breasts and the tint of the plate.
I will try to make some more tests. If it is not successful, maybe a good night's sleep will bring a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.