[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (5 Viewers)

Armadillo179

Potential Patron
No matter what I do, I just can't get resorep to open at all.
I've tried so many different solutions across the internet regarding god-forsaken Java versions, uninstalled, reinstalled, new OS, cmd line s*** etc... but resorep just refuses to open.

TheE2Bat

Potential Patron
No matter what I do, I just can't get resorep to open at all.
I've tried so many different solutions across the internet regarding god-forsaken Java versions, uninstalled, reinstalled, new OS, cmd line s*** etc... but resorep just refuses to open.
After Installing JRE 1.8.0_192, I run this command from a git bash to launch it
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_192\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Users\elino\Desktop\AK mods\Resorep 1.7.0 US\Win10\resorep.jar"
Where the second path is the location of the resorep.jar
Finally it works for me. I have a few JRE's and JDKs installed for different purposes. Working with them is infuriating.

Here's a sketchy link to the java download that did give me what I needed. I'm running Windows 11

TheE2Bat

Potential Patron
If you know any other 64-bit DirectX 11 games, it would be great if you try the tool and post the result.
Is a version of this for Windows 11 in the works? I've tried every manner of troubleshooting and I always run into the "NoSuchFileException" for dx11proxy64.dll, even though I have placed it in both System32 and SysWOW64. I'm attempting to hook for Arkham Knight, and unfortunately it seems Arkham Knight doesn't have any other alternatives to ResoRep.

At first I thought the problem was that I have dx12, but I attempted to do this on my windows 10 laptop and it runs fine, no issues on the first try. The laptop also has dx12, so that isn't it.

It seems that most windows 11 users are running into this problem.

Dr.ocolus

Potential Patron
theres no modded textures folder.what the fuck.

WHY DONT I HAVE THAT FOLDER,WHERE IS IT.

WHERES THE MODDED TEXTURES FOLDER.

Information
A tool to replace textures in DirectX 11 applications.
Aims to do the same thing as uMod tool did for DirectX 9.
Download link
Resorep | Undertow
Prepare the following files:
  1. Screenshot of Resorep window.
  2. ui.log, uisettings.ini, dllsettings.ini files in the "My Documents\Resorep" folder.
  3. Dll log file. Its path is specified in advanced settings dialog. To get a dll log - close a game, open Resorep, open advanced settings, enable mod creator mode, enable dll log, launch a game, see resorepDll.log file in the "My Documents\Resorep" folder.
  4. Screenshot of contents of a folder with game executable. Please enable table view - I need file sizes to be visible.
  5. If you are using Resorep with Black Desert and game is crashing or hanging, prepare a copy of "My Documents\Black Desert\Dump" folder.
Now copy all these files into some folder and create a ZIP archive of that folder. Upload this ZIP archive to some file hosting e.g. MediaFire Send me a private message with the following information:
  1. Link to ZIP archive
  2. Problem description.
  3. Your Windows version.
Remove all applications from hooked application list in Resorep UI if you can.
Perform a file search on a game folder. Find and delete all instances of the following files (only inside the game folder or any subfolders, not system-wide!):
game_d3d11.dll
ori_d3d11.dll
d3d11.dll
dllsettings.ini
After that you may try to use Resorep again carefully.
Limitations of current version
  1. No global hooking mechanism.
  2. Supports only one of many texture loading mechanism of DirectX 11.
  3. Supports only DirectX 11 applications.
  4. Has some unknown bugs.
List of supported games
  • Black Desert Online (64-bit DirectX 11 version)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (64-bit DirectX 11 version)
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (64-bit DirectX 11 version)
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue (64-bit DirectX 11 version)
  • Batman Arkham Knight (64-bit DirectX 11 version)
  • Just Cause 3 (64-bit DirectX 11 version)
For more complete list please see Resorep Compatibility List
Many thanks to Lazyeye007 for the list.
Usage instructions
For mod users
  1. Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center
  2. Download and install Windows x64 version of Java Runtime Environment from Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads
  3. Launch resorep.jar - double click it in Windows Explorer.
  4. Make sure that your Windows user has write rights for game folder!
  5. Click the "+" button in the "Applications to hook" section.
  6. Choose the game executable. Not the game launcher but game itself.
  7. [Optional] Change "Load modded textures from" path if you wish.
  8. You may close the resorep.jar application now.
  9. Find and download modded textures (for BDO see the "Where to find modded textures for BDO" section).
  10. Unpack and copy modded textures into folder specified by "Load modded textures from" path.
  11. Launch the game.
For modders
  1. Download and install Windows x64 version of Java Runtime Environment from Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads
  2. Launch resorep.jar - double click it in Windows Explorer.
  3. Make sure that your Windows user has write rights for game folder!
  4. Click the "+" button in the "Applications to hook" section.
  5. Choose the game executable. Not the game launcher but game itself.
  6. [Optional] Change "Save original textures to" path if you wish.
  7. Launch the game.
  8. To reduce amount of captured textures, wait for the moment when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  9. Enable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  10. Disable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod was displayed in-game.
  11. Open folder specified in "Save original textures to".
  12. Find the texture you are going to mod in one of the subfolders. There are different subfolders for different texture compression algorithms.
  13. Mod the texture (use Intel(R) DDS Plugin for Photoshop - Intel® Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop* | Intel® Software ). You may change the texture resolution as you wish as long as you keep original aspect ratio.
  14. Save the texture to other folder using the same compression algorithm and with mipmaps setting set to "Generate mipmaps". You may add arbitrary text to file name by placing ~ after number in file name and placing text after ~. E.g. "123456789~Example text.dds"
  15. Do not delete the original unmodded dds! It may be required later to autoupdate your modded textures in case of Resorep hashing algorithm change.
  16. [Optional step] If you want to encrypt your textures - drop me a private message
  17. Now when you have the modded texture use steps from the "For mod users" section.
Manual installation method:
  • Copy C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll to same folder as game's .exe file.
  • Rename copied d3d11.dll to ori_d3d11.dll (in the game folder, not in the system folder!)
  • Copy dx11proxy64.dll to same folder as game's .exe file.
  • Rename copied dx11proxy64.dll in game folder to d3d11.dll
  • Create dllsettings.txt file in same folder as game's .exe file.
  • Open dllsettings.txt file with Notepad.
  • Put the following text inside dllsettings.txt file:

Code:
version=1.7.0
modded_textures_folder=C:\Users\RayWing\Documents\Resorep\modded
mod_creator_mode_enabled=false
dll_log_enabled=false
dll_log_file=C:\Users\RayWing\Documents\Resorep\resorepDll.log
save_textures=false
original_textures_folder=C:\Users\RayWing\Documents\Resorep\original
application_to_hook=G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\NieRAutomata\NieRAutomata.exe|BIT64
  • Download, extract and put modded textures into some folder.
  • Change modded_textures_folder path to folder with modded textures.
  • Change original_textures_folder to some empty existing folder.
  • Change application_to_hook to path to your game's .exe file (add |BIT64 or |BIT32 at the end depending on application bitness, use |BIT64 if you are not sure).
  • Change folder in dll_log_file path to some existing folder.
  • Save and close dllsettings.txt file.
  • Change the dllsettings.txt file extension to dllsettings.ini
  • Run the game.
How to contribute
If you have some C/C++/Java skills and willing to contribute - PM me to get access to source code repository (hopefully it will become open source later).
i dont have the modded textures folder.

CHaacalate

Editor
After Installing JRE 1.8.0_192, I run this command from a git bash to launch it
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_192\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Users\elino\Desktop\AK mods\Resorep 1.7.0 US\Win10\resorep.jar"
Where the second path is the location of the resorep.jar
Finally it works for me. I have a few JRE's and JDKs installed for different purposes. Working with them is infuriating.

Here's a sketchy link to the java download that did give me what I needed. I'm running Windows 11
If Youre reading listen to this guy (IF you downloaded any Java 8 and its not working with Resorep just uninstall in apps and programs and download the 192 version like this man recommend because he saved me a headache )

vaalthangceu

Streamer
i have this error on AC unity (AccessDeniedException: dx12proxy64 DLL -> C:\Program Files (x86) \DODI-Repacks\Assassins Creed Unity\d3d11.dll) any help?

razmondious

3D Artist
1698151521032.png

This is what I get and when I remitted an injector it went great the first time the next time I try to do it it says counting files and then blanks out nothing

skysniper

Potential Patron
I think I found a way to fix the NoFileException bug. You have to do these steps

1. Run Resorep

2. "Add Application"

3. Select the "dx11proxy64.dll" file inside of the "Win 10" folder where the Resorep .jar file is stored.

4. Adding the .exe file from whatever game should now work

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.