Tobihime - Trouble editing In game Text (1 Viewer)

F

fatefaeron

I'm not really a translator but I've been having a lot of fun with this game so I wanted to try translating a little but of it even if it's machine translated, at least when it comes to the Equipment text.
I've been attempting to edit the text within Tobihime using Unity Asset Editor but the Japanese text comes out in gibberish. So I've tried UnityEX and Unity Assests Explorer but when I export "equipdata" and change:
<name>ロングソード</name> to <name>LongSword</name>
and import it back in I end up getting a bug that happens when you start the game and play the first cutscene the game freezes. I tried skipping it but it also freezes as it's loading. I've also tried changing "event_00000" file instead of "equpdata" but have been getting similar results.
I'm not to familiar with this kind of stuff so I'm only guessing. As there is only one instance of "ロングソード" when I ran a search I'm assuming the game pulls up the data for it using <sprite_id>0001</sprite_id> instead so the problem I'm encountering is that the game either make sures the text is only a certain amount of characters and runs into an error because of the changes I made or that by changing the text I'm changing some of the Hexadecimal data and that's screwing it up as well.
If anyone has any tips they could give me I would greatly appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.