thedude255/thesteed69's Street Fighter Bearhugs Ryona! (1 Viewer)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Great video, my favorite of yours, if I was to have any complaint it would be I think Juri took up too much time(mind you i am biased since I do not like juri...at all) Sakura was good though thatmod is a bit..meh. Little weird for her character. But still a great video and I like that you mixed the two bearhugs ad them winning at the end was nice though juri's dialog makes me think she is going to attack sakura hmmm

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Aww, no luv for Juri?! :(

I understand what you mean about the outfit not being right for the character, but luckily this clip is completley non cannon to the street fighter characters. Don't worry about Juri's dialog at the end, she was just being playful ;)

Should I start making what I have planned in the future, the characters whilst not canon still will be a little more to their character's, so you won't find Sakura wearing that skimpy outfit, I have something more modest for her should she be required to wear such an outfit again.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I am going to be called cynical but a lot of members are leechers. Not everyone though :P Some people may just have no ideas for you.

Grungust

Potential Patron
Feedback ho!

Well personally as a Juri player I'm in full support of her usage. In fact I'm probably the exact opposite of randomguy in that I'm not into Sakura at all. Loving the more elaborate setup you're putting into these videos and the only real niggle I have is the quality of some of the voices. Personal preference obviosly plays into the equation but Makoto and Sakura have awful English actresses in my opinion.
One problem that you might run into down the line is the fact that familiarity breeds contempt. You only have two hugs to work with so you'll need to start branching out more frequently (well, pretty much like the latest video).

Other than that ever consider using Rose? I think she's pretty much the only female character you haven't had attacked yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
lol mostpeople on here are my opposite. I'm more into the tomboyish type and most others like the fem fatal and feminine types. I think he plans to use other moves along with bearhugs like he did in the sakura video and probably not all bearhugs(I know his work) .

he hasn'tdone C.Viper either :P

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Yah, I have another thread that has my potential plans within for future vids should I get the free time and motivation, it be here
http://www.undertow.club/general/3044-where-do-i-take-my-street-fighter-vids-here.html

It would be quite different though and require more work then the last clips. I'm trying to wonder if there would be a means to add text for talking and what not to elaborate on a mini storyline better rather then having to rely on dialog within the game which is kinda hard to use in context for what I have planned. I'll probably still shove some bearhugs in there somewhere but they won't be the focus of the clips, there will probably be a lot more on just the combat and what not.

But yah, Makoto I thought didn't have a very good voice actor at all, though I don't mind the Sakura one. It is just to my preference really but I like a lot of the Enlgish voice acting, though some of the Japanese original versions do seem better for various characters. As for Rose and C. Viper... it is true I havn't done them, but at this point it might be worth focusing on something new to keep it fresh.

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
If you want to go the route of story it is quite easy for you to make it visually appealing. Just go the route of alot of RPGs. Text blocks with dialog plus a reaction image of the person talking at the bottom of the screen. Wouldn't be hard to do really. Just be certain if you take the time to write stories and dialogues you make them engaging, otherwise it's a waste of time really.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Yah that was my intention with going for text blocks. Just need to figure out how to do such a thing on Vegas. I'm not so certain about doing the different expressions though, as it might create more work for me then I'm willing to do, and after all this is something I'm trying to do for a little fun amongst other things. Each part will probably only be 5 mins long tops but I think a fair amount of story can be told within 5 mins.

I think the story should be fine, I'm not too bad at making stories peeps keep telling me so I must be doing something right, and I believe I have something reasonably solid planned. I'll probably make a start on it next week, at the very least I have the very first part all within my head ready to simply start making.

Edit: Tried out Camtasia, it didn't record very well unfortunatley. It just becomes too choppy in movement, so I'll have to stick to FRAPS I think. It's not a massive issue, as I just delete the clips I make once I've made the final finished clip. Last one though took up about 9Gigs of seperate clips. I'm sure I'll find a means to make it a little smaller then that.

Grungust

Potential Patron
A combination of XNA Lara and Photoshop could be used to knock together some pretty quick basic expression shots. Assuming you were running dialogue text box style it could work out pretty well.

The only real problem is where custom skins are involved. Not sure if you could get much outside of the default SSF4 costumes for use in XNA. Although that may not be an issue with portraits.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
New Street Figher Vid!

When I rewatched it... I dunno, it seemed terribly cheesy to me. Either way, after chipping at this project for a little while, I've finally made the first and possibly last episode of a story. It took me longer then I thought to make, mostly due to other priorities. If it doesn't go down too well it will not get past this episode, but if enough peeps spark interest or the reception goes down okay, I might brave another episode.

Thought I'd try something different from just bearhugs and put a story in there. Wondering what you guys think.

For more info on how this silly non canon street fighter project came about, check here.

http://www.undertow.club/general/3044-where-do-i-take-my-street-fighter-vids-here.html

onlinehero

Casual Client
Heh, Rose's Illusion Spark just happens to be 10x more sexier than any other move in SF4 :P

Man I wish it would be a normal move and that she could drain whole life bar if you don't break out or something :)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I wish the bearhugs were longer, hence I had to do such a thing myself in the end using this crazy software and what not. I did make Rose's Illusion Spark longer at the very least so I hope you enjoyed that part. I know some peeps are into the whole shocking thing, so I let that carry in longer for the sake of Ryona :P I was hoping to get some further input on this vid from this site to see if this style of approach was worth continuing.

It is still early days, but I'm not getting much feedback which is disheartening. It could potentially be my last vid if peeps are not bothered, not to sound like I'm having a tantrum or anything over the matter or seeking praise and attention, it's just I have so much projects on the go with DeviantArt that I'm quite busy these days. If no one is bothered about the Street Fighter vids, it will make my life much easier to stop them since there is no real demand, so I can focus on my other things and a new comic I'm gonna be working on. (unfortunatley not a ryona comic. Sorry guys :( )

esshx

Potential Patron
Hi. First post. I'll offer feedback.

My favorite of your videos was the Sakura/Juri vs Zangief. You kinda established a bit of a story without having to resort to text dialogue. I think it'd be better if you focused on individual videos, instead of an episodic series. It'd keep things more varied and interesting. Story is great, but I think you hit the nail on the head with the Sak/Juri vid. We understood what was going on, and it wasn't hokey. Also, if you're going to use Sakura, I would definitely switch to her Japanese voice, at least for the screams. Her English voice is awful, especially the squeels. Doesn't help to know that it's done by a little girl. Also, have you seen her long hair mod? She looks great with it.

Anyway, I like how you swap the moves of the characters. It'd be cool if you could focus on the helplessness of the female characters in the future. T.Hawks grabs are great. Particularly his normal grab where he lifts them up by the neck and chokes them, and his super. Those would both be nice ways to end with the girl knocked-out.

Keep it up. I'm sure there are plenty of people watching your videos. There are probably some that just don't like to talk about this particular fetish, like myself. lol.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
long hair mod :/ the game has enough long haired girls, take your pick of one of them and leave the only two short haired ones alone >:/

on the video i like it,I liked that you picked sakura gi mod.

esshx

Potential Patron
long hair mod :/ the game has enough long haired girls, take your pick of one of them and leave the only two short haired ones alone >:/

on the video i like it,I liked that you picked sakura gi mod.

Don't get me wrong. I love Sakura's short hair, she's actually my main character right now. She just looks damn good with long hair too.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Hi. First post. I'll offer feedback.

My favorite of your videos was the Sakura/Juri vs Zangief. You kinda established a bit of a story without having to resort to text dialogue. I think it'd be better if you focused on individual videos, instead of an episodic series. It'd keep things more varied and interesting. Story is great, but I think you hit the nail on the head with the Sak/Juri vid. We understood what was going on, and it wasn't hokey. Also, if you're going to use Sakura, I would definitely switch to her Japanese voice, at least for the screams. Her English voice is awful, especially the squeels. Doesn't help to know that it's done by a little girl. Also, have you seen her long hair mod? She looks great with it.

Anyway, I like how you swap the moves of the characters. It'd be cool if you could focus on the helplessness of the female characters in the future. T.Hawks grabs are great. Particularly his normal grab where he lifts them up by the neck and chokes them, and his super. Those would both be nice ways to end with the girl knocked-out.

Keep it up. I'm sure there are plenty of people watching your videos. There are probably some that just don't like to talk about this particular fetish, like myself. lol.

I see where you are coming from as I was quite proud of the Juri/Sakura vs Zangief clip myself. The problem with that approach is that you run out of sound files very quickly to run a story situation, and not to mention it will begin to get rather stale over time. In short I just find that style of clip is very limiting, hence why I went with this approach, and thought I'd make it a bit different by adding a whole story with text. You'll find if I continue, that most of the eps will be action based with very little text, naturally the start up is always the slowest when you have to get a few things established. We know generally who the good guys are now... and who are the bad guys, so the next few eps can just be potentially action packed as the duo try and save Ibuki... if she still lives that is :O

As for T. Hawk, he was going to be a major part of the next arc should I get past this current story as you discover he did something very drastic in the past. I didn't want to throw in every character at once so I few people will slowly be introduced as it goes on. I thought I had a pretty good idea for the next ep which would mostly be an action one involving Sakura and Juri fighting a certain duo who would never be seen together in canon, but make a great pair in this non canon story.

As for the voices, I'll see about the Japanese voice. If the screams and what not are too different I probably won't use them. Given the nature of the clips I wanted to use the english actors for the banter and what not in fights and between speeches. And Sakura with long hair, the mods I've seen are not great to be honest, it tends to look alright but not move too well. I've not looked at many to be honest. As for Sakura's gi outfit, that was only temporary to be honest for the most part since she was in training, though it might become her main outfit for the story since it is better suited then her running around as a school girl trying to save the day. If anyone has any mod suggestions then I'm all ears, but I'll probably just stick to her gi otherwise. :P

esshx

Potential Patron
The banter is good... but I always viewed the screams as something that should be part of the stimulation. And like I said, Sakura is voiced by a pre-teen. Her grunts and groans aren't stimulating at all, she sounds like she's imitating an animal. I swear she "quacks" when she gets hit. It's not hot, lol.

Anyway, I hope you continue to make both types of videos. Like I said, the Sak/Juri one is still my favorite. I understand that you can't portray very much story without using text, but that's just the thing, you don't really need an in depth story for a short clip like that. However, you did set a scenario that is apparent at the beginning, which helps to abate the feeling that there are just two lifeless dolls being bat around.

Working within a storyline kinda limits the characters you can work with as well. There are definitely benefits to creating a more in depth story, but at the same time, there are benefits to creating videos like your previous ones. I hope to see both kinds of videos from you in the future. It'd definitely keep things fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.