Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff (2 Viewers)

Riddly

Vivacious Visitor
I think part of the problem is that I screwed up the mask file
do you still have problems with it? I remember when i did my gunner mod i started with 0 knowledge and had to reverse engineer everything to understand how things work. mask was the hardest part for sure.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
do you still have problems with it? I remember when i did my gunner mod i started with 0 knowledge and had to reverse engineer everything to understand how things work. mask was the hardest part for sure.

I definitely still have issues with skin glowing, just a bit less than in those screenshots. I did finally figure out most of the problem (was the stupid alpha channel on the *normal maps* of all flipping places), but there are certainly still aspects here that I just don't understand/cannot figure out...

If you wanna try and explain to me the steps required to get a part of a mesh that wasn't intended to be skin to act like skin, then please do tell. I've had the most trouble flailing about trying to figure out how to do this correctly. Any tutorials I *can* find for texture editing in TERA are often either very scattered, far too basic for what I need, or don't go over everything I'd need to know to get what I want working right... :[

.cstm and .mask textures are definitely the ones I understand the least (well that and .rage, but I don't actually think we can edit those much since they rely on mesh data iirc).

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Oh right:

With the release of the Valkyrie Class, we once again need to update the archives they added the class' new armors into. This time that means "Castanic_F_L.gpk" needs to be fixed, since otherwise you'll get Valkyries with invisible bodies (same as what happened with ninjas last time).

I've gone ahead and done this. This downloads includes all of the armor edits I've collected for female castanic leather armors, as well as one edit I made to one of the new Valkyrie armors:

=============
Download:
MEGA

*Note that I have no idea how to find the armor I edited for Valkyries in-game... I picked them based on what I felt I could actually edit, under the assumption that I'd be able to find it in the Fashion Coupon shop. This turned out to *not* be the case for my chosen armor though, so idk what it's used for. If I had to guess I'd say probably level 65 tiered armor (i.e. Slaughter or Guile), but I'm not there yet personally so I can't check. n.nU

Zunga

Avid Affiliate
Thanks for this!

It seems to have dealt with the invisible bodies issue and displays for the Idoneal, Slaughter and Guile armours although IMO the Slaughter one looks best. Also the special event "Chooser of the Slain" armour skin, the fashion coupon skins, and the levelling armours I tried now display properly.

Last edited:

Riddly

Vivacious Visitor
If you wanna try and explain to me the steps required to get a part of a mesh that wasn't intended to be skin to act like skin, then please do tell
I got it to work, but that was like a year ago and i dont remember how exactly i did it. Im currently working on Valkyries S04 to figure it out again but that thing drives me insane. The coulors on the front of the pants do nearly fit the skin but the back part looks total crap and i dont know why. Look... The one Part that does work is the boob, and that is just a training area thats not even intended to be in the final mod...

As soon as i get it to work again I'll let you know.

Zunga

Avid Affiliate
I'm sure I can find the file - I'll look into it.

EDIT: Having some trouble finding the file it's included in (their naming conventions are TERRIBLE...).

Hey - thanks for this.

I am not sure if this is helpful but just today NA TERA temporarily removed the TERA Rewards including the banner at character select. I am not sure if this is of any help determining the way to remove them normally.

Thanks!

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I am not sure if this is helpful but just today NA TERA temporarily removed the TERA Rewards including the banner at character select. I am not sure if this is of any help determining the way to remove them normally.

They did? Hmm, why'd they remove it...

Well I'm not sure if it will help. The trouble is that the only thing I can go by for something like that is the date stamp for "Date modified" in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the way that TERA pushes files to us makes this a bit more difficult to use, since it preserves the date that the file was CREATED by Bluehole, rather than the date that *I* got it downloaded on.

Since I have advanced notice though, there's something I can try. I'll copy all the files from the S1UI folder into a temp location, then when they put the rewards thing back I can compare the two folders and see what's different.

Zunga

Avid Affiliate
They did? Hmm, why'd they remove it...

Apparently there was some exploit with TERA rewards according to an (intentionally extremely vague I assume) official post on the official forums.

TWell I'm not sure if it will help. The trouble is that the only thing I can go by for something like that is the date stamp for "Date modified" in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the way that TERA pushes files to us makes this a bit more difficult to use, since it preserves the date that the file was CREATED by Bluehole, rather than the date that *I* got it downloaded on.

Since I have advanced notice though, there's something I can try. I'll copy all the files from the S1UI folder into a temp location, then when they put the rewards thing back I can compare the two folders and see what's different.

Thanks for trying this!

One last point - even with TERA rewards temporarily removed there are still the semi- transparent UI buttons on the bottom right of the character select- is there any way to make them fully transparent?

Thanks again!

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
One last point - even with TERA rewards temporarily removed there are still the semi- transparent UI buttons on the bottom right of the character select- is there any way to make them fully transparent?

Those may or may not be part of the same archive that contains the rewards. If they aren't (assuming I am able to trace back which archive it is), then I'll try to figure out where they're housed at a later date.

Zunga

Avid Affiliate
Those may or may not be part of the same archive that contains the rewards. If they aren't (assuming I am able to trace back which archive it is), then I'll try to figure out where they're housed at a later date.

Hey - they just enable TERA rewards so the banner is now back ....

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Hey - they just enable TERA rewards so the banner is now back ....

Hmm, I woulda expected it to be done on a patch day. This means they may not have had to edit any files... Well let me compare with my backup then.

EDIT: It looks like a whole bunch of files were edited today - 25 of them lmfao. Oh boy, this should be fun. n.nU

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I really can't find it... I've located and identified like every single other goddamn icon and UI artwork on the character screen, but I just CANNOT find the stuff for the TERA Rewards ffs.

It's pretty distinctive artwork - why the hell can't I find it...

TERA_ScreenShot_20170427_161315.png

Most of the character screen stuff seems to be housed inside the "Icon_System.gpk" file, but I don't see the rewards stuff in there. Then I found a section of very similar looking icons inside "S1UI_Message.gpk", but they don't *quite* line up right, so they probably just pasted the same dove icon on top of some other stuff to make these:

Message_IE5.png
Message_IE4.png

*I really thought those were them at first, since there's also a bunch of numbers 0-10 inside the same archive...

There's always the possibility that either UtHelper is incapable of showing a preview for it properly, or its one of the entries it says "ERROR: Missing Minimap" and cannot load for some reason... :X

There's a guy who's much more experienced at UI editing than I am over on the Essential Mana forums that I've been talking to about this stuff, so I'm gonna go ask for his help finding this stupid thing, but other than that I'm stumped. Sorry... :[

Zunga

Avid Affiliate
There's a guy who's much more experienced at UI editing than I am over on the Essential Mana forums that I've been talking to about this stuff, so I'm gonna go ask for his help finding this stupid thing, but other than that I'm stumped. Sorry... :[

Thank for looking at this - its very kind of you. If you or anyone else an find it that's great otherwise its a shame but your efforts were appreciated.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Thank for looking at this - its very kind of you. If you or anyone else an find it that's great otherwise its a shame but your efforts were appreciated.
I'm sad to say that I just kinda give up on this. I've tried many times and I still have no idea. I can't even figure out where they are injecting the new valkyrie fan art loading screens from. They're not included in the normal loadingimages.gpk archive, and I cannot find their source, either...

In other news, I have made some edits to the upcoming maid and knight (or "battle armor") outfits. The edits are done barring any issues, but I can't really test them as neither outfit has been officially release on-game yet, so we're gonna have to wait for now. :]

This is what the "battle armor" outfit looks like normally:

...I raised the skirt, removed the pauldrons and some of the other miscellaneous armor plates that don't really serve a purpose (i.e. the hip plates and one of the arm plates), and retextured the parts of the armor that show a sorta leather between the gaps in the armor as skin.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Zunga

Avid Affiliate
I'm sad to say that I just kinda give up on this. I've tried many times and I still have no idea. I can't even figure out where they are injecting the new valkyrie fan art loading screens from. They're not included in the normal loadingimages.gpk archive, and I cannot find their source, either...

Sorry to hear that its been so diffucult but may thanks for trying so hard :)

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
2017 Maid Outfit edits released:

Event 53_001.png Event 53_002.png Event 53_003.png Event 53_004.png

*Elin only at the moment, but if someone wants me to edit the version that all the other races use lemme know.

See OP for download links.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
During today's Twitch stream, they previewed the Battle Armor, and I was able to get a small idea of how my edits will look:

20170512165342_1.jpg
20170512165506_1.jpg
20170512165548_1.jpg

I couldn't get very close to them annoyingly, but apart from the glossiness on the skin that I forgot to fix it looks good to me. ^^

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Ok, so I've fully tested the Battle Armor edits and am releasing them:

Knight_After_A.jpg Knight_After_B.jpg Knight_After_C.jpg

This was made for Elin, but will work with all Female Races because they share the same texture files. Their skin tones may (or may not) be slightly misaligned, though. Not much I can do about that, sorry.

See the OP for download links!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.