Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff (1 Viewer)

pomeloman

Potential Patron
However, when I log off and go back to the character selection screen, it returns to normal :|

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 665

exinfernalis

Avid Affiliate
Still no change :C I will try to get a video clip to show you what is happening -nodnod-

What you are experiencing with the 2012 swimsuits is a glitch with the way the Beach Party event loads the textures for the NPCs wandering around the beach.
The glitch only occurs while the Beach Party event is active, so it will simply go away after august 1st if you're playing on the NA client.

So, how it works is, if you are already wearing a 2012 swimsuit when you login, it will appear on your character normally, and it will use the edited texture for the NPC's at the Beach Party, as it loaded first.
If you are not wearing the 2012 swimsuit when you log in, it will use the texture intended for the Beach Party NPC's, as it probably has the same name, and it loads first. So you will either be invisible or wearing the unedited version, depending on the age of your modified file.
This can be fixed by equipping the 2012 swimsuit, and going back to the character select screen, then logging back in.

Also, you don't need to have ever visited the Beach Party to experience the glitch, it is global while the event is active.

pomeloman

Potential Patron
Oh gosh! Thank you so much! I really appreciate this info! Is there any way to fix this for when other characters wear the swimsuit?

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
What you are experiencing with the 2012 swimsuits is a glitch with the way the Beach Party event loads the textures for the NPCs wandering around the beach.
The glitch only occurs while the Beach Party event is active, so it will simply go away after august 1st if you're playing on the NA client.

So, how it works is, if you are already wearing a 2012 swimsuit when you login, it will appear on your character normally, and it will use the edited texture for the NPC's at the Beach Party, as it loaded first.
If you are not wearing the 2012 swimsuit when you log in, it will use the texture intended for the Beach Party NPC's, as it probably has the same name, and it loads first. So you will either be invisible or wearing the unedited version, depending on the age of your modified file.
This can be fixed by equipping the 2012 swimsuit, and going back to the character select screen, then logging back in.

Also, you don't need to have ever visited the Beach Party to experience the glitch, it is global while the event is active.
That explains a lot... I've tried to figure out how to fix this bug in the past, but I was never able to find the files that were causing it.

exinfernalis

Avid Affiliate
Oh gosh! Thank you so much! I really appreciate this info! Is there any way to fix this for when other characters wear the swimsuit?

If other races wearing the 2012 swimsuits are invisible, the PC_Event_01 file is outdated.
I've repacked the file you posted with the current version of PC_Event_01. This should fix the invisible characters, but you will still have to be sure you are wearing your 2012 swimsuit on your castanic when you log out.

Attachments

PC_Event_01.patched.zip
17.6 MB · Views: 210

pomeloman

Potential Patron
If possible, gentlemen (or ladies!), is it possible to get this version of PC_event with the nude/no scars mod attached? :o I tried doing it myself using the directions on the "How to edit GPK" files but I just broke the file xD I figure I should leave it to the experts -nodnod- If not, it's totally okay! I know I've been asking quite a bit, and I'm already thankful enough -bow-

Last edited:

exinfernalis

Avid Affiliate
The nude/no scars mod for Castanics is already loaded in the PC_Event file I posted. Unzip the file and overwritte your old patched.gpk.
Remember to relog while wearing the torpedo swimsuit if you see the unmodded version.

I just had another person install the mod on her laptop and it works perfectly, her character is nude with no scars.

GeminiSaga

Vivacious Visitor
I probably played Skyrim for too long hence why it took me such a long time to understand things.

But there isn't a "naked body" for Tera Online avatars like in Skyrim, correct? It's the patched outfits that you add to the game that will give your characters varying degrees of skimpiness?

If that's the case i think this is a great place to start doing just that.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I probably played Skyrim for too long hence why it took me such a long time to understand things.

But there isn't a "naked body" for Tera Online avatars like in Skyrim, correct? It's the patched outfits that you add to the game that will give your characters varying degrees of skimpiness?

If that's the case i think this is a great place to start doing just that.
Each outfit contains its own, self-contained meshes and textures that replace the body of the character. The only times we are able to make skimpy edits and such are when the body mesh still exists underneath the clothing. Most of the time they chop out the parts of the body that you cannot see, and there's very little to work with.

You say you're used to Skyrim? This is MUCH more limited. Keep in mind that we are completely unable to edit any meshes. We can only edit textures.

GeminiSaga

Vivacious Visitor
I see, thanks for clarifying.

In the meanwhile i've installed your skimpy mod for the human females you posted around here somewhere and i'm really liking the results. I'm going to spend a few hours looking around the site for more of that stuff.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Re-Edits of UC's Arin's Maid Costume

I got a bit interested in fixing it since its up for purchase.
A while back, there were some discussion about discolored legs, so I fixed it a tab bit by changing the mask files.
Should be better, albert could be better if i change it more.

View attachment 77566View attachment 77565
Did I edit that one? Can't even remember now. I made WAY too many edits lol. >.>

*COUGH* I mean: "Nice job!" n.nU

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.