SWTOR file changer + nude mod (1 Viewer)

Hydrae

Potential Patron
You're my hero.

Many, many thanks for your work. I registred just to say that !

EDIT : BTW, I've just tested the "only underwear + covert armor" nude, and it works perfectly. It's exactly what I wanted, to be honest.

I reckon that many players may want only the underwear to go nude. Maybe you could put an option into the modder directly, a box to check, for exemple ? That's only a suggestion :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mdiesel1

Potential Patron
found something interesting with this mod, and i hope you dont mind me changing things in it, Swtorfan. In the settings text file under each of the chest pieces of armor i deleted every line ecept for ones with the word "loin", "Collar", and "Shawl" in them. I then deleted all the leg armor, since the only way you get bottomless nudity in cut sceens is if you remove your leg armor. I made sure to leave " underwear" text lines alone , i figured those keep those nasty granny panties off, lol. anyway the result was dancer outfits now show up as 2 piece bikini's with no flaps and the large collars and shawls on the older dancer sets are also gone. the relaxed vestments piece looks like a bikini/wrap, and the chest armors that showed skin no longer have the annoying front flap ( unfortunately the back flap on some stays like the exposed extrovert armor). Thanks again for this mod its totally awesome. would absolutely love it more if some of our photoshop masters here would take the time to add more detailed nipples and vaginas to the nude skins.

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Yeah, feel free to edit the settings file as you like mdiesel1; when writing the tool, I made sure that it is easy for other people to customize it. It's great to hear that you like it. :)

I reckon that many players may want only the underwear to go nude. Maybe you could put an option into the modder directly, a box to check, for exemple ? That's only a suggestion :)
I've thought a little bit about this, and I think that it's definitely a good idea to do this. My idea is that instead of a settings.txt file, the tool will just read all .txt files in a settings folder. That way, you can just copy the files you want in there, or delete the ones you don't need. This would be even easier than editing a single settings.txt file, while still allowing the same customization options. But since this is not too high priority, it will be a few weeks before I add this to the tool.

Hydrae

Potential Patron
They broke it :( v2.10.1c (1503.12.3)

I guess the filesize have changed, and the launcher repairs them now.

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
They broke it :( v2.10.1c (1503.12.3)

I guess the filesize have changed, and the launcher repairs them now.
No, it's still working for me. You very likely did not restore the backup before patching. See my post from the other thread for more information:

When you know that there will be a patch to download, do the following:
1. Open the SWTOR File Changer and press the "Restore backup" button in the bottom left corner. Wait until it is done and close it.
2. Open the SWTOR launcher, login and let it download and install the patch, but do not yet hit the Play button.
3. Open the SWTOR File Changer and press the "Start changing files" button to apply the nude mod again. Wait until it is done and close the SWTOR File Changer.
4. Now you can hit "Play" in the launcher and everything works perfectly.
Now that you already started the launcher without restoring the backup, you'll have to wait until the launcher has finished repairing the files, and then you can use file changer again, but at least you know it for the future now. :)

Hydrae

Potential Patron
Yep, it work that way indeed.

But now, everytime I start the launcher, it repairs the game and I have to repatch before hitting "play". :s

Is that normal ?

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Yep, it work that way indeed.

But now, everytime I start the launcher, it repairs the game and I have to repatch before hitting "play". :s

Is that normal ?
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. I am assuming that you are using the BitRaider launcher; I'm using the old launcher that does not use BitRaider, and I don't really want to try and install the BitRaider launcher just to test this out.
For now, if you want to continue to use the nude mod, I recommend you to switch to the normal launcher. This will require you to download the whole game again (>20 GB), so decide for yourself if the download is worth it for you.
To switch to the old launcher, do the following:

1. Go to the folder where you have SWTOR installed, and open the file "launcher.settings" in Notepad.
2. In the middle of that file, you can find four lines. Replace them by the following:
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\"}"
, "bitraider_download_complete": { }
, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "bitraider_disable": "true"
3. Save the file, and start the launcher again. Now you should be on the normal launcher and it will start downloading the files.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for telling me about this, I would never have noticed it myself. I will definiteily keep this in mind should they ever do a change to the launcher again.

Juls

Casual Client
All the changes to the launcher is due to the new patches for the shadow of reven dlc which launches in december. I think it's due to the new characters and content that comes with the dlc. :)

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
All the changes to the launcher is due to the new patches for the shadow of reven dlc which launches in december. I think it's due to the new characters and content that comes with the dlc. :)
Well, that's what the patch notes say, but I have reason to believe that they also changed the launcher so it has some additional checks if the files are correct. At least the mod is still working, and I am going to continue to stay on top of it should they do any other changes to the launcher. :)

mdiesel1

Potential Patron
i've had no such issues with the launcher, as long as you dont let the launcher update anything in the game before you restore the backup in the swtor file changer you should be fine. its a bit of a pain, to have to remove your nude files before every patch and then have to put em back, but i remember having to do that with WOW nude patches too, so its nothing new.

Btw i found a way to keep full nudity all the time, anitmations, character screen, and previews, just upload version 1.1 and then forget about dancers outfits... the panties will show in animations and stuff. Equip a sensuous dress chest piece and an unburdened legs piece ( they're pretty cheep on the gtn) and you'll have nakedness in everything you do for you and your companions.

Headshot7

Potential Patron
Confirmed. Unburdened Champion Leggings are full nude in everything. SWTOR fan, You might want to look at the code for those to see if it helps you make all the other bottoms that you want to mod, full nude.

Elrond_Hubbard

Potential Patron
Here's a question - say I want to bounce back and forth. Do I need to create a back up every time I turn the mod on? Or just the first time?

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Thanks for the tip about the Unburdened Champion set. I'd never have expected those leggings to turn nude, since they don't even show skin in their original form. Nevertheless, great to hear that they are working correctly.

Here's a question - say I want to bounce back and forth. Do I need to create a back up every time I turn the mod on? Or just the first time?
You need to use the mod two times for every patch:
- Once before you download the patch, where you restore the files to the original version ("Restore backup")
- And once after you downloaded the patch, to apply the mod again ("Start changing files")
Everytime you apply the mod, you need to create a backup. Never uncheck the "Create backup" box, because when you do that, you'll have to download everything again.
If you are changing the settings.txt file and applying the mod multiple times without restoring, you only need to have the "Create backup" box checked the first time you apply the mod. However, the program is clever enough to detect that when there already is a backup, it leaves it intact and won't overwrite it. So my recommendation: Always leave the "Create backup" box checked.

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
I've made a major breakthrough in changing the game assets. :D Now, every female in the game will be nude, not just those that wear a certain clothing, and the weird skin-colored flaps and cloth parts are gone. The only exception are females of species that cannot be players, so no nude Togruta NPCs for now, but I hear they'll be made playable characters soon.

Anyway, this brings up a few questions. :confused:
First of all, I know that there are many that don't want every female to be naked, but only some of them, since I know that tasteful cleavage is sometimes better than full nudity. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to best give players choice about this. At least for now, I will only put out patches that turn every female nude. If you only want certain females nude, I recommend you to use an old version of the tool.
Also, I'm not sure whether or not I should also remove boots, belts and gauntlets. Currently, only the chest and leg pieces are nude. Any opinions on this?
In addition, it is difficult to change the female models without affecting the male models. So right now, males will also be nude (except for cutscenes because I didn't get around to changing those). Is that a big problem; would you rather prefer a CMNF version?
Finally, I've reached the goal to make every female nude, and I am very happy about that. The next step will be to make the models and textures more detailed, though I am imaging it will be very hard to do.

Download here: View attachment swtor-file-changer-v1.2.zip (5.05 MB)
swtor-file-changer-all-nude.jpg

Juls

Casual Client
I got this error message when loading your mod, it might just be me but I thought I would tell you just incase it's not. :)

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 362

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
I got this error message when loading your mod, it might just be me but I thought I would tell you just incase it's not. :)
Yeah, my bad, I forgot to include the correct empty_mask.dds file. Here's the fixed version:
View attachment swtor-file-changer-v1.2b.zip

Also, I forgot to mention: If you have been using an older version of the tool, first RESTORE THE BACKUP of the old version before using the new version. Otherwise, you'll have to download the whole game client again.

Juls

Casual Client
Thank's for update but there is another glitch. I have enclosed a screenshot to help you out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-26_00_06_04_066257.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-26_00_06_04_066257.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 1,467

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Thank's for update but there is another glitch. I have enclosed a screenshot to help you out.
Yeah, I've seen that happen as well. Make sure to set "Character texture atlasing" to low in Preferences -> Graphics, then they will show up correctly. As soon as I know what's causing the purple color, I'll fix it so that we can use the setting on high.

BlackLotus

Potential Patron
Thank you SWTOR fan, got it working now. :D
Try to use the 1,398,256 bytes empty_mask.dds for Chest and the 349,680 bytes empty_mask.dds for the Legs.
Rename the smaller one to empty_mask2 or whatever .dds
Pink colour gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.