Street Fighter V Modding Tips & Tutorials (1 Viewer)

VenturousGamer

Avid Affiliate
These are some clarifications for anyone playing the game including some tips.

Firstly; yes, you can play online and not get banned. With that being said, I would still be wary because Capcom planned to update this unfinished abomination until at least June. By the time May rolls around, I think we'll have real animated scenes that would show all of the graphical glory. That also means if you're using nude mods, the updated files will obviously overwrite everything and I don't think it's rocket science to know what you should do. Some people are wondering if the modded files would appear in online matches but I assume they won't because those with unaffected files can't experience the glory without making changes at the risk.

Which brings me to the next important thing I need to address.

Secondly, the game works just the same as the beta version released months ago. You don't need to constantly unpack/repack all of the files like a madman to assure they work. All you need to do is unpack all of the pak. files and neatly place them into the Street Fighter V folder located wherever-you-put-it and DON'T delete them. You can keep the pak. files if you want, that is if you're willing to have your hard-drive consumed by the data, but if you don't desire them anymore you can dispose of them and it won't affect the game. I would suggest however that if you want to maintain the original version, in case Steam throws a sissy-fit, you should create a separate edition anywhere on your computer you like and it should function the same.

On that note, just in case anyone screws up and want the original files back, CREATE A BACKUP OF THE FILES YOU PLAN TO MOD.

I cannot stress this enough. I've seen people play this game and get pissed that their game isn't showing any of the stages or characters because they mistakenly deleted some shit that was required. Without sounding like a broken record and putting anyone through more hell, I would only suggest protecting the files you want to tamper and not anything you'd rather not touch. The game will still work without the pak. files placed in the folder because for some reason the interns behind this wonderful disaster made it easier for players to enjoy it without reinstalling everything.

Now, let's talk about these mesh files: if you guys didn't know, Unreal Engine and Blender are the main tools required to tamper with this game. You NEED Unreal Engine to mod this game and anyone familiar with Unity knows what I'm talking about. From what I've seen, some people have completely removed parts of the character's clothing easily including importing custom skins that required more work in Blender. For obvious reasons, I'm not going into explicit detail because there's plenty of tutorials located on the websites I've linked below.

TUTORIALS (SFxT forums and Uncle Festor's Guides)
SFV - Modding Discussion Thread
Street Fighter V (Beta) all related stuff
SFV - Mod Tutorials WIP
Modding Tutorials - YouTube

Unreal Engine Download (Requires account)
What is Unreal Engine 4

The main thing is that if you plan to mod the game that way you need to assure that you're connected to Unreal Engine with an actual account and get familiar with it to do the job. Another thing is that the damn game teases you that it could work in TexMod by running without any packages - but as soon as you attempt logging anything it fails! With that being said, you can still gather the textures with the unpacking program used for the game but also keep in mind if you don't know what you're doing it can get very complicated. Modding this entire game is actually more complicated than it looks but learning along the way is worth it if you're trying to get creative.

If you're still awaiting more mods, give them time and show support to the original creators and hope for the best within these upcoming months prior to the inevitable Super Duper Street Brawling Mental Breakdown Edition: Alpha Omega Profit Simulator Edition is released a year later. There's other options to mod the game but it's all up to you.

Happy modding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.