Shoot 'em ups with female pilots (1 Viewer)

afasdafas01

Vivacious Visitor
EDIT: SHMUP Short for "shoot-em-up" A videogame genre in which you play the role of a spaceship pilot

My last thread was way too vague, so here is an attempt to narrow things down.

Looking for shmups with female characters, preferably piloting an air/spacecraft. The most important is the controlled character, but if the enemies are female too, that's even better.
The quality of the explosions is important, and if the characters are voiced, that makes it that much better.

What I found so far:

My favourites have all my criterias for the controlled pilot: hot character design, with visible portraits that react to damage, great explosion (of the controlled pilot), good defeated voice lines as they explode:
(a "good defeated voice line" would be a genuine sounding scream, moaning, heavy breathing, or something like that, and NOT a spoken full sentence that stretches way after the explosion)
These are my favourites:

Valhellio (the pink short haired pilot specifically, unfortunately the other girl just speaks in a monotone way during her explosion)
Super Retro Fighter (voices were added in a recent patch)

These ones I liked, too:
Aleste series
Rumble Storm
PuchiSPRAY (actually visible female enemy pilots inside aircraft that fully explode)
Bullet Soul
Triggerheart Excelica
Caladrius Blaze

These were okay:
The Hurricane of the Varstray
Bullet Soul Infinite Burst

Others I know about but did not prefer for one reason or another:
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (weak explosions, but nice character design)
Raging Blasters (cute, but no voice and weak explosions)
Wings of Bluestar (did not like it at all)
Tameshi (seemed decent, but the portraits are very basic and there are no voices for now. not fully released yet)
Touhou games (not piloting anything, I do not prefer the character design for this, good explosions in several games, though. I might be interested in a Touhou-like game, but not Touhou)

Thank you for any suggestions in advance. Would be especially great if there are other games like my favourites, with the criteria mentioned.

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I've been trying to track down a copy of Puchi Spray to play, so alas I cannot help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.