SDT Loader question (8 Viewers)

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Mods

the swf importing only works after you set up the keyboard shortcuts to activate the swf's. Once you hit the key you mapped to load the specific import, it should load.

Ryf

Potential Patron

You have to put each item you want to appear in the character loader in it's own folder within the Mods folder, and then put the info in the Mods.txt file.

To elaborate, take the Eye.swf you want to load, and put it in a folder called Eye, or whatever you want to call it, within the Mods folder. So the file directory would be Mods/Eye/Eye.swf. Then open Mods.txt within the Mods folder and and type in what you want to load, using the format "Loader name:Folder name". The words before the colon is what the mod will be called in the character loader, and the words after the colon must be the name of the folder you want to load from. No spaces before or after the colon. Then save the txt file and open the loader, and it should work.

If you want to load an Eye.swf with a particular character, just put it in the folder alon with the Hair.png and Code.txt, and put Eye.swf in the txt file along with the skin code and hair. As an example, I have a catgirl character saved that uses the custom eye.

The file directory is Loader.v2.2/Mods/Catgirl.
Within that folder I have the files Hair.png, Eye.swf, and Code.txt.
The Code.txt looks like this:

hair:sd chan,1,1;iris:normal, 104,92,29,1;breasts:61;skin:light;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0.086;eyeshadow:0,0,0,0;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:122,48,0,0.702;mascara:0,0,0,1;eyebrow:87,53,32,1,50,34,33,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:-8,2.31,0.63,1.25;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;him:1;collar:1
Hair.png
Eye.swf

Then, I open Loader.v2.2/Mods/Mods.txt and type in "Catgirl:Catgirl", so that when I click "Catgirl" in the loader, it gets te character from the folder called "Catgirl".

Anonymous said:
the swf importing only works after you set up the keyboard shortcuts to activate the swf's. Once you hit the key you mapped to load the specific import, it should load.
The 2.2 loader changed that as far as I can tell. There's only shortcuts to reset the swf imports now. To import in the first pace you have to use the character loader.

Chance

Content Creator

Hey ModGuy, I started using your loader, it certainly is awesome. However, the readme file is awfully short and obscure, I had to frequently check on this thread to understand basic commands. You (or any other generous soul) should write a clear detailed readme.txt.
Secondly, when I switch from a character with unusual skin tone (brown, blue etc.) to a character with a normal one (the vanilla 0 100 100 100), the new character keeps the previous color.

It's due to the fact that when SDT generates a skin code, it doesn't write anything concerning the skin if it's still the basic vanilla one.
I guess the problem can be dodged by either manually editing each Code.txt or making the skin tone 2 100 100 100 before generating, but could you please do something that resets the skin to vanilla before loading the new hair and code ?

Ryf

Potential Patron

You can do that yourself by clicking reset before loading a new character. Although it would be nice to not have to. The eyebrow fill colour resets if you just go from character to character as well, so the second character you load has the default eyebrows. Again, you can now reset everything easily, so it's not a big deal.

I agree about the readme though. I had to fiddle around for a while with example folder to figure out exactl what was going on.

Chance

Content Creator

Yeah, but the whole point of this loader is to make things automatic... that plus the flash content.
And remember that's I'm one of the laziest members around :3

ModGuy

Content Creator

I love how you guys understand how to use my loader without me having to explain anything.
If anyone wants to contribute a help file let me know and I'll go ahead and include that with each release.

As for the skin tone, this has already been discussed and it was a logic flaw in Kona's code.

Defiance

Potential Patron

Ryf said:
You have to put each item you want to appear in the character loader in it's own folder within the Mods folder, and then put the info in the Mods.txt file.

To elaborate, take the Eye.swf you want to load, and put it in a folder called Eye, or whatever you want to call it, within the Mods folder. So the file directory would be Mods/Eye/Eye.swf. Then open Mods.txt within the Mods folder and and type in what you want to load, using the format "Loader name:Folder name". The words before the colon is what the mod will be called in the character loader, and the words after the colon must be the name of the folder you want to load from. No spaces before or after the colon. Then save the txt file and open the loader, and it should work.

If you want to load an Eye.swf with a particular character, just put it in the folder alon with the Hair.png and Code.txt, and put Eye.swf in the txt file along with the skin code and hair. As an example, I have a catgirl character saved that uses the custom eye.

The file directory is Loader.v2.2/Mods/Catgirl.
Within that folder I have the files Hair.png, Eye.swf, and Code.txt.
The Code.txt looks like this:

hair:sd chan,1,1;iris:normal, 104,92,29,1;breasts:61;skin:light;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0.086;eyeshadow:0,0,0,0;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:122,48,0,0.702;mascara:0,0,0,1;eyebrow:87,53,32,1,50,34,33,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:-8,2.31,0.63,1.25;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;him:1;collar:1
Hair.png
Eye.swf

Then, I open Loader.v2.2/Mods/Mods.txt and type in "Catgirl:Catgirl", so that when I click "Catgirl" in the loader, it gets te character from the folder called "Catgirl".

Anonymous said:
The 2.2 loader changed that as far as I can tell. There's only shortcuts to reset the swf imports now. To import in the first pace you have to use the character loader.

Awesome thanks a lot for the help. ;D

Whiteriver

Potential Patron

Well, I've got .net framework v4. If I tried to open the loader without it, I got an error saying I needed it. So it's gotta be somethin' else.

Still don't know what the problem is, but I found a simple workaround. I just downloaded the standalone flash player, and used that with loader.swf. I got rid of that animated orange face by deleting bg.swf. I'm hoping that wasn't needed for anything, else I can't use the mod. Can't stand to use the mod, rather. :P

Edit: Config box and fullscreen don't work with this workaround. Fullscreen can be accessed by a simple two clicks in the standalone flash player, but because the config box is gone with seemingly no way to access it, so there's no auto mode. To be clear, I've tried to use the shortcut for both of these.

Edit 2: Load hair doesn't work, either. No matter what key I bind it to. I can still load hair and backgrounds from the modding menu, though. Everything else appears to work fine.

Also, could you per chance add a toggle version of Grip? Or just turn Grip into a toggle?

ModGuy

Content Creator

Never really had time to work on the loader today but already got it working for mostly everything.
Got a few errors to work out like messed up collar positioning and I'll release.

Abom713

Potential Patron

ModGuy! I miss the angry expression. :(

That's the only thing I want in a 1.3b mod.

P.S. The character skins still mess up for some reason. I don't care about it, but I'm just letting you know. It only happens when I choose preset characters and it only messes up if it's not the default light, tan, pale.

kojiro

Content Creator

hey modguy if you get a chance to mess around with the new release do you think we would be able to add things like tails/wings im not sure if a fullview of the body would help in the template since there is a cut off after a certain length but would it be possible to add different things through importing the way we do with hair instead of swf?

ModGuy

Content Creator

Released.
Hair load algo made massively more efficient by piggybacking Kona's code:

Code:
sdt_ld.exposeG.customElementLoader.tryToLoadHairFile("Mods/" + c + "/Hair.png");

EDIT: Will add cum tweaking options in the next version.

Scyth118

Potential Patron

ModGuy said:
Released.
Hair load algo made massively more efficient by piggybacking Kona's code:

Code:
sdt_ld.exposeG.customElementLoader.tryToLoadHairFile("Mods/" + c + "/Hair.png");

EDIT: Will add cum tweaking options in the next version.

Once again, thanks for the delivery. We all love you.

ModGuy

Content Creator

Released.
Kona made this mod a headache by making the cum variables constants, ie unchangeable at runtime.
Enjoy.

MrBoobLover

Potential Patron

Not sure if its me (Most likely me) but the loader isn't running as smooth as the early ones. Anyone else having the same problem?

kuroryuu

Potential Patron

MrBoobLover said:
Not sure if its me (Most likely me) but the loader isn't running as smooth as the early ones. Anyone else having the same problem?
Well I dont have the old loader anymore so cant test it, but I didnt notice anything remarkable considering that.
Are you running the .exe or flash loader?

MrBoobLover

Potential Patron

Running the flash loader... haven't really tried the .exe because I needed to install something. Is the .exe better?

kuroryuu

Potential Patron

MrBoobLover said:
Running the flash loader... haven't really tried the .exe because I needed to install something. Is the .exe better?
Cant say, I dont have netframework 4 so cant use it. So I've always used the flash one :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.