Saving Customs Chars with Imported Hair (1 Viewer)

mdoe1039

Potential Patron
Hello there.

I am using SDT http://eye.swfchan.com/flash.asp?id=109502&n=SuperDeepthroat1_17b.swf&w=700&h=600 and I am able to successfully save new Custom Characters. However, if I save the character, every attribute of the character will successfully save, except for the imported hair.

When I try to then update that character, it still won't let me save the imported hair. The name of the photo does appear in the box to the left of the character's headshot (which does have the imported hair displayed), if that helps.

I would greatly appreciate any way to make the imported hair permanent on my saved characters. Many thanks for any responses.

Maineim

Content Creator
if you put the hairs in a subfolder, if you use another than mods/ , make add it to the default folders:

[attachimg=1]

If the address of the hair is green you are fine, if is red there is a problem with the location.

Attachments

• folders.jpg
    folders.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,027

mdoe1039

Potential Patron
How can I put the hairs I have imported into a folder? I don't see a command for that. It is in red, by the way.

Maineim

Content Creator
I meant, you should move the files in your computer to the same folder of the game or an subfolder, add the name of this subfolder in the window as you see in the screenshot, and import the hair again.

Then try again to save the character, if you did it right the address should have green borders.

mdoe1039

Potential Patron
That's the thing. Since I'm just using the online version I linked above, there isn't a folder for the game. I just open the hairs directly from a folder on the desktop.

Is there a way to do this using that online version?

Maineim

Content Creator
I've never tried to use the online version, I always download the latest to my PC. I amazed that you can save data in your hard drive and that can be read by the game online, besides of all the security restrictions that Macromedia & Adobe have applied for Flash.

I tried using the internal Flash from Chromium or Firefox for Linux... and I can't even save a character, with or without a hair.

You can try to define an absolute folder like c:/sdt/, but I'm not sure if that works, probably no.

mdoe1039

Potential Patron
I see; I thought that it might not be possible with the online version. Thanks for the info anyway.

Do you know of the link where I can actually download SDT onto my PC, instead of just using the online version every time? I've looked at every link on this site that I can find, and the only one that seems to be a permanent download is the now-deactivated Mediafire one.

Maineim

Content Creator
in swfchan, ask for a direct link, load sdt, and then goto file/save as... and you save it to you machine.

mdoe1039

Potential Patron
I will do that, but something very strange just happened. Without changing any of my files, it all of a sudden did allow the previously unaccessible hair to be saved. But then the next time I accessed that Custom Char, it gave me a giant block instead of the head. Here is a link to that pic: http://machbiker.deviantart.com/#/d597y1e

Not only that, it also started to play this song, sort of like a rock song. It looks like I've found a pretty crazy glitch in the online version; have you heard of anything like this?

Maineim

Content Creator
mdoe1039 said:
I will do that, but something very strange just happened. Without changing any of my files, it all of a sudden did allow the previously unaccessible hair to be saved. But then the next time I accessed that Custom Char, it gave me a giant block instead of the head. I'll try to post that image soon.

Not only that, it also started to play this song, sort of like a rock song. It looks like I've found a pretty crazy glitch in the online version; have you heard of anything like this?

I olso have the music glitch, I don't know why, is some sort of bug in the site, but I didn't have the other one.

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
Hmm too bad :-/
If you can wait:
Kona will definitely find a solution for this, or at least re-upload it once again.
Stay tuned ;)

Btw: I don't think you need anything except the flash player...

Maineim

Content Creator
Saving from swf is not that hard

1. below the captcha there are some options, choose the direct link.

2. fill the captcha. press "GET FILE".
[attachimg=1]

3. This will give you a link, the one on the bottom. right click, save target as...

[attachimg=2]

4. ? ? ?
5. Profit

Attachments

• save1.png
    save1.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 953
  • save2.png
    save2.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 961

mdoe1039

Potential Patron
I already have the newest Flash downloaded, but if I try to open up SuperDeepthroat1_17b.swf with it, it tells me that it is either an unsupported file type or the file is damaged.

Nevertheless, I redownloaded Flash, and the same thing happened again. Any idea why Flash isn't opening it?

Maineim

Content Creator
Try downloading SDT again, as I said before, use right click on the link and "save target as..." to download the game to your PC again. I downloaded 1.17b from there.

mdoe1039

Potential Patron
That's what I did; I clicked on "Save Link As..." and it downloads onto the desktop.

Then when I open it, Adobe says: "Adobe Reader could not open 'SuperDeepthroat_17b.swf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

Just tried it again on another browser-still doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.