Saving swf hair mods? (1 Viewer)

someGuy040

Potential Patron
I honestly don't recall running into this issue before, but it's been a while since I've last ran sdt so maybe something have changed? Either way, as the title says, saving swf hair mods. Basically, when I run a swf hair mod and hit save. The next time I load the character, the default hair loads, not the swf file. Am I missing something? Everything else saves and loads, like clothes and accessories, just not the swf hair mods.

Note: I've read that I might have to manually save these characters? However, looking at the guide, I'm a bit confused as to the format of these character save txt files. If that is the case and I need to custom save, could someone please upload a pic of an example save with a swf hair mod and clothes? That would be appreciated. Thank you!

I'll upload pictures, but the file uploader and picture sizing doesn't like me much today.
Picture 1: Should be a picture with a girl with brown hair. That brown hair is the swf mod, and as you can see, I've saved it, and the thumbnail now shows a girl with brown hair.
Picture 2: I've loaded up that save file, however, even though the thumbnail shows a girl with brown hair, the girl loaded has the default hair.

Random stuff?
I'm using sby loader
playing with flash player
everything is saved on my internal storage drive, all within that sby game folder.

Faceless

Content Creator
Cell phone pics? Really? Like, you couldn't hit the PrtScn button instead like a normal person? j/k

To actually answer your question, however. There's two ways to handle this.
  1. The first is to copy the hair itself into a character folder, and add the filename (with extension) to Mods.txt within the character folder.
  2. The second is to go to the Modding tab and hit the Generate button to generate a charcode for the character. Then copy the charcode into Code.txt within the character folder. Specifically you want the swfMod entry at the very end.

someGuy040

Potential Patron
Haha, I know right? Skrub for not using the PrtSc. (that's what I get for changing key binds...)

Anyways, the problem is solved now. Thanks a lot!

Side note: The charcode generator doesn't work for custom swf hairs?? For some reason, the code that it generates. It saves it as (random stuff), hair:sd chan, (random stuff). So no matter what, it'll always revert the user selected swf hair and change it back to sd chan. Not sure if that's supposed to happen, but again, the file saved and now loads properly so that's nice.

Thanks again!

Faceless

Content Creator
Well, you can get rid of anything in the charcode that you don't need, after all. The only thing that's necessary is the swfMod entry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.