TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
I had to watch it a couple of times to figure out what was happening there, but from what I can see he's picking her up and making her upper body and lower body go in opposite directions. Yeeeeow! Guess nobody ever told this monster not to be rough with his toys...

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
to be blunt Boundy, noboy likes Jill for her personality. She'd have to have one first so I am not surprised

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Is it only me or did anyone else feels that Jill's butt is smaller and slimmer than RE5 and RE:Remake , Also her body has turned into a slim one overall , Her body in revelation looks more like her body in the battlesuit costume

May be the reason for her slim body in the battlesuit is that she was a test object for years and her genes had changed so a change in her body attributes is possible but I don't know a reason to not make her body in revelation look like her body in the BSAA costume

???

Potential Patron
Things usually just fail to go my way :( (Except when I hack, but that's another thing....) Sure a game like this is going to have its share of what most would call decent ryona moments, but I was really more interested when I heard about the knockdown mechanic. Watched a few of the newer ryona videos now that its been released on consoles other than 3Ds, and yeah, I'm disappointed. Not because its necessarily bad, but because I feel like the game cheats me.

There are two kinds of knockdowns. One where Jill is laid out flat on her back(you know....the proper way), not unlike what happens to girls in Resident Evil 5. The second, her feet are gingerly swept from beneath her as she sits up on the floor....

WHY OH WHY IN HELL IS IT THE SECOND ONE THAT REQUIRES MASHING TO RECOVER FROM!!?

I mean its not even logical! It doesn't make fucking sense!!! A BIG BLOW to the head lays her out and she kick flips up in less than a second, but if she get's swept lightly to the ground, she sits there like she's fucking impeded... >:|

To me its like being invited to somebodies house and shown one whole chocolate cake, and one chocolate chip cookie and the host offered me the cookie....just....the cookie...

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Some may remember the rumors about a new Resident Evil which was discussed in length here.
Among those rumors
"the game will be more in line with Resident Evil Revelations, rather than a "7" proper. They also hint at three returning characters, 2 female, and one male. Two of them having not been seen in over a decade, and one who has been mentioned in games, but has yet to have an active in-game appearance. This mystery character has not appeared in any of the canon movies or comics."
Well sure enough, box art and a single screenshot for Resident Evil Revelations 2 has showed up on Xbox.com
1408490141-boxart.jpg

Though nothing was announced at E3, TGS and PAX are just around the corner and they really seem like the type of venues for more details about a smaller title like this. Based on the box art the Xbox 360 will be at least one of the supported consoles for Revelations 2.
Here is the first official game trailer:
[video=youtube_share;bDIxSsPD0OE]http://youtu.be/bDIxSsPD0OE[/video]
Official Website

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Hmm, could be that perosn Leon always talks too. The secretary lady. Maybe Claire will get in which I'd love(seriously her and Rebecca need to actually be in a game and not DLC or what have you. People bitched about Jill not being in 6 like she has not been in EVERY OTHER GAME)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like Capcom is hesitated in determining the future of the series , they don't know whether they keep the RE5-6 Formula of Action-horror with massive sales but bad reviews and reputation or return to Survival horror with lower sales but with high fame and praise

For me I accept both , RE6 gameplay was the best TPS gameplay I ever saw since Vanquish putting aside the story of RE6 but I also missed and don't mind the classic limited resources of old RE games but please no tank controls or fixed camera

My Guess is that capcom will make two lines of the game , The mainline game that generates sales that is RE5-6 which will focus on Action and the side line which will be for old RE fans which I guess will be in revelations/whatever name

I was also grateful that they will re-release the Gamecube remake , even without a single HD upgrade i will be delighted that i will be able to play that remake outside the emulation route

abdal

Potential Patron
if that is where they are going i like it since i enjoyed re6 and i also enjoyed revelations so it would help that they make it like that to please the fan base

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Small update. A recent Sony Press Conference has officially confirmed Resident Evil Revelations 2, and that the title is indeed a sequel to the first Revelations and will not focus on Jill or Chris. They also stated that there will be more information about the title next week, as well as a playable demo at TGS on Sept. 18th.

As this was the Sony Press Conference the game has been confirmed for the PS4. Based off of the leak from Xbox, which reveals that the game will likely be coming out for the 360, I'm sure the Xbox One and PS3 will also be getting the game as well. Resident Evil Revelations 2 is planned for release in Early 2015.

Here's the live action concept trailer that was also shown at the conference, (it doesn't really show much of interest, aside from the planned release schedule)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I would like to provide some info about the game i have found so far :

- Based on the video then the platforms will be PS4 , PS3 , XB360 , XB1 and PC

- "The protagonists of the game will not be Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield. The game will feature a completely new setting and new protagonists." Source : Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Announced For Early 2015 Worldwide [Update] - Siliconera , Not sure if they mean an new protagonists that wasn't the main character in RER1 or they mean a completely new character that didn't appear in the whole series

- According to a poster in Neogaf who people seem to give him credibility , Zombies will be featured in the game

I will update this post whenever new info comes to surface

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Small update regarding the story and setting.

On the bracelet/wrist device shown in the trailer...

"It's the most important key item. It will also become a key part of the game's story." - Kawata

"While putting together content fort he trailer, I'd normally say 'huh, but this is a spoiler!' and stop it, but this time, I decided to bear with it and give it out as a big service." - Anba

On what's with the little girl who appears to be pointing at something or someone at the end of the trailer...

"You've pointed out a part that's difficult for us to talk about right now. Personally speaking, that's an image that I really like, and I'll leave it at that for now. The concept teaser trailer not only contains mysteries for Resident Evil: Revelations 2, but also pays an homage to the series. Please have fun thinking about different possibilities." - Kawata

On the setting...
07280572c6b7188197ee3cf32fa0da5f.png

"The first Resident Evil takes place in a mansion, and with Revelations taking place on a cruise liner, so you have many stages that were set in closed locations, but Revelations 2 will take place on a lonely island located somewhere in the distant sea. We'd like to make it into something we can call 'Resident Evil Island'." - Anba

"The place is much wider than the cruise liner, so there's plenty more we can set up than what we had in the previous game." - Kawata

891955b043abbe2c02e910f89e34ea5c.png

- Concept art depicts what appears to be some sort of jail, but Kawata says that it's not completely a prison island
- There will also be other facilities as well

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Someone from capcom said that the teaser video has some hidden clues in it that can reveal some of the game elements , a lot of fans spotted "Terra Save" logo in the video and for those who don't know then "Terra Save" is the organization that Claire worked for in degeneration and thats her last known occupation she had

So we can assume that there is a high chance that claire is the main heroine of the game that is not surprising considering that claire is the most popular character in the series and she fits perfectly in the more-focused survival horror that is in revelation more than the action-focused that is in the main series

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Claire is the second most popular Jill is the most popular to be honest(even though Claire is better >.>) hell Jill not being in 6 pissed some people off claiming she had not been in a game...because RE5 and Revelations a game staring her don't count I guess

Claire needed another game, hasn't had one since Veronica. now if they give Rebecca one too I will be happy

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Gamesmaster magazine has revealed quite a few details about the game, including the two main characters, who both happen to be female. Here are some bulletpoints.

- Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”
- Claire will be joined throughout the campaign with Moira Burton, daughter of the legendary Barry Burton.
- The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.
- When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused. Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.
- Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over, one of Moira’s key roles will be to help keep Claire alive (though Claire can obviously heal herself).
- The story will take place on an abandoned island detention facility.
- The campaign will begin with Claire and Moira awakening after being abducted.
- The events will take place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.
- Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.
- Fan feedback has played a part in the development of Resident Evil: Revelations 2. Producer Okabe said that “The project has been finding the line between listening to fan feedback and also doing something different to confound expectations.”
- Okabe also said that “I want this to be both a game that doesn’t lose what made its predecessor great, while also bringing something new and exciting to the Resident Evil series.” He also added that “Achieving that lofty goal by bringing together past and future will make this an itchy-tasty prospect indeed.”
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will feature a new “Afflicted” enemy type, which “may look like zombies, but are in fact something quite different.”
- The Afflicted enemy will be both fast and able to deal heavy damage to the player. It is also said that they will force the player to decide whether to take them head-on, sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down or the player can run for the hills and “preserve ammo”.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will run at 1080p and 60fps (for the PC and new gen versions at least).

PnyPwa4.jpg J5FuGom.jpg fsL5xXX.jpg x84DYlR.jpg tOmPdQT.jpg E6ZZqA8.jpg

The magazine pictures and gameplay details were pulled from here:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 ? New Details Revealed, First Screenshots, Claire Redfield, Burton & More! - PushStartPlay

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Well, nice to hear that Claire is the main character. However, why the heck are they constantly sticking you with a partner character? My most hated feature since part 5 rears it's ugly head again, lol.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.