RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
A flood of info was released by capcom about resident evil revelations 2 plus a new trailer

I will give a link for all of the new details but i will write here what relates to ryona and general game info

- New playable female character , she is a little girl called Natalia Korda who has a similar role to moira

click

- Two new enemy types were revealed , one of them in the trailer seems to bearhug the player but i don't know if it is cutscenes only or it will be featured in gameplay also

- In the complete digital and retail copies of the game , there will be two bonus episodes starring Moira and natalia , I am sure it will be released as separated DLCs for the separated episode buyers

- There will be additional extra costumes for each character for retail copies but i am sure it will be released as separated DLCs for digital copies

- Number of episodes will be four episodes and the first episode will release at mid February while the last episode will be released at 11 march

Full details and trailer here

NeilGortz > Manage Blog

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Aghhh, yes. <3 I'm sooo excited for the Claire n' Moira team!
Co-op is gonna be fun. RE6 had lotsa weirdness but I still totally had fun because it worked as a co-op game.

I think the two bonus episodes will be free if ya get the season pass dealie. Not sure about the costumes, tho.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Capcom has shared some new info about new enemy types that we will encounter in the new game plus sharing some screenshots

10923555_905286329492255_8331510719045984530_n.jpg

Revenant - a creature made up of multiple bodies sewn together. Very tough and presents a real challenge even when facing just one of them. The virus that has multiplied inside them forms a 'core' which is a weak point you can attack for massive damage. If you use Natalia's special ability you can "see" where the core is on each enemy.

936057_905286332825588_1280368981003138743_n.jpg

Othrus - wild beasts infected by some kind of virus. Small, nimble and vicious, they attack in packs, so it's best to try to take each one out as soon as possible before they overwhelm you. They have been spotted in both Claire and Barry's sections.

10891500_905286326158922_5065345999356277545_n.jpg

Sploder - A mutated version of the Afflicted. The pustules on their body can potentially explode when attacked so make sure you take them out from a distance. Their explosions releases a vile liquid which can blind the player, perhaps Moira's flashlight can keep them at bay?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Here's video of four new enemy types. With the return of Raid Mode I'm sure all characters will be able to encounter all enemy types.

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
Wow, that Glasp enemy seems like it'll be the most annoying thing to fight! The grab looked like an instant kill as their was no prompt to shake out of it. It's kill animation seemed decent, though.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I imagine the Glasp might be rendered visible in Raid Mode, either that or it will cloak/decloak like the Mountain Hunters in the first Revelations. Plus the screen kept getting all fuzzy as it got closer to Barry so there is some indication of how screwed you are.

I am actually impressed with Natalia's instructions, they aren't perfect but at least they can give you an idea of the enemy locations through directions rather than the general advice of "shoot the monster you can't see!" that I would have expected.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Here are two new famitsu scans, one of which featuring a better look at the Glasp.
Right Click and View Image for the full pic.
ualjjq.JPG

laiorp.JPG

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
About Gina and a Moira Animated Gif

Gina, huh? Those are some nicely sized pillows she's got there. I hope they have some jiggle physics applied to them. They probably won't, though... I guess I know who I will be spending a ton of time playing as in Raid Mode. I'm so predictable.

Interesting trailer, though. I made an animated gif of the very small Moira tentacle portion in the video. Slowed it down for better viewing.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Moira Tentacles.gif

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Nah. I agree with you Carl. I'll likely be spending most of my time drooling over Gina too. :P
Shame she is a throw away character like Rachael in Revelations 1. They share the same last name so it could be another bit of RE being overly self referential.

Slippery sliding tentacles... man I get the feeling I'm going to like this game. And likely fill my PS4's hard drive with clips from it.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
And with the kind of clothes Moira wore , I wonder where those naughty tentacles went :D , I can't wait to see aunt Claire gets wrapped in those tentacles in the boss fight :D

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Recent Capcom blog update has confirmed Jill (Revelations version with the less than great face) will be available for the first wave of Raid Mode, along with some other "familiar faces".
f8fc0d38be6c9686f1fe4b7027faa229.jpg

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Recent Capcom blog update has confirmed Jill (Revelations version with the less than great face) will be available for the first wave of Raid Mode, along with some other "familiar faces".

Nice :) , I hope they add her BSAA costume as its model is already in Revelations engine so it won't cost any effort to put it in REV2

Also in an old entry in the capcom blog from last month they said that there would be a total of 15 characters in Raid mode the game , the ones we already know are Claire , Barry , Moira , Gina , Hunk , Wesker and Jill so we know 7 out of 15 , Knowing Capcom and the fact that this is a low budget game then I think the best we can get is characters from REV1 and sadly not a new model for Ada or Sheva for example so I think we can see someone like Jessica in REV2 Raid mode

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Just finished the first episode. Character screams are quite good, for those interested in that type of thing.
There are five enemy types iirc.

Afflicted - The basic zombie type you encounter in Claire's scenario. Most are unarmed though some carry weapons like large wrenches or curved blades.
Death Scene 1: The first one you encounter is something of a QTE. If you don't mash the melee button enough times the Afflicted will strangle Claire.
Death Scene 2: Afflicted will grab and bite at Claire/Moira's neck. If your health is low it will push them down to the ground and continue to bite away at the neck, killing them.

Large Afflicted - A taller, muscular, hammer wielding Afflicted. No death scene as far as I know as it just swings its hammer around if you get too close.

Small Bug - Small scorpion/spider like creatures. Don't seem to have any grab or death scenes. They just nip at your legs with their claws, doing light damage.

Zombie - Encountered in Barry's scenario. Emaciated, rotting, and much slower than the Afflicted.
Death Scene 1: The zombie will grab and bite at your throat much like the Afflicted. But if your health is low it will bite you once, your character will grab their side/neck and fall over. Not all that great imo.

Revenant - Seen above. The Revenant is a multi-limbed creature that is capable of taking tons of damage if you don't shoot the weak point Natalia points out.
Death Scene 1: It will grab your character in a bear hug. If you don't press anything its head will split open revealing an Ouroboros like tentacle that will strangle/smother your character.
There might be another death scene with it. I haven't messed with it much.

Orthos - Dog like creature seen above. The Orthos actually has a large toothy maw located at its neck. It can jump on your character and bite away at their arm. I don't know what the death scene will look like yet, due to Raid Mode issues.
I haven't messed around too much with Raid Mode but I'm guessing the available levels as of now will only have enemies that have appeared in this episode so far. Claire, Moira, Barry, and Gina seem to be unlocked from the start. Subsequent characters are unlocked by obtaining a certain number of Completion Medallions.

Messed around a bit more with Raid Mode and I guessed wrong. It seems that some enemies that haven't shown up yet in the available campaigns do appear in some Raid Missions. So far I've encountered the Sploder and Orthos.
And now I've run into a disappointing issue. Raid Mode now runs on a respawn system that revives your character right on the spot you died. So instead of playing out a death scene after a grab, your character is thrown aside or drops to the ground and you are given a prompt asking whether or not you want to revive again. Each revive costs a heart, which you can earn by either completing certain missions or by purchasing them for real money. I've tried dieing in "no respawn" missions and the results seem to be the same. No death scene plays and the character is thrown aside/falls in a canned animation.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Just finished the first episode. Character screams are quite good, for those interested in that type of thing.
There are five enemy types iirc.

Afflicted - The basic zombie type you encounter in Claire's scenario. Most are unarmed though some carry weapons like large wrenches or curved blades.
Death Scene 1: The first one you encounter is something of a QTE. If you don't mash the melee button enough times the Afflicted will strangle Claire.
Death Scene 2: Afflicted will grab and bite at Claire/Moira's neck. If your health is low it will push them down to the ground and continue to bite away at the neck, killing them.

Large Afflicted - A taller, muscular, hammer wielding Afflicted. No death scene as far as I know as it just swings its hammer around if you get too close.

Small Bug - Small scorpion/spider like creatures. Don't seem to have any grab or death scenes. They just nip at your legs with their claws, doing light damage.

Zombie - Encountered in Barry's scenario. Emaciated, rotting, and much slower than the Afflicted.
Death Scene 1: The zombie will grab and bite at your throat much like the Afflicted. But if your health is low it will bite you once, your character will grab their side/neck and fall over. Not all that great imo.

Revenant - Seen above. The Revenant is a multi-limbed creature that is capable of taking tons of damage if you don't shoot the weak point Natalia points out.
Death Scene 1: It will grab your character in a bear hug. If you don't press anything its head will split open revealing an Ouroboros like tentacle that will strangle/smother your character.
There might be another death scene with it. I haven't messed with it much.

Orthos - Dog like creature seen above. The Orthos actually has a large toothy maw located at its neck. It can jump on your character and bite away at their arm. I don't know what the death scene will look like yet, due to Raid Mode issues.
I haven't messed around too much with Raid Mode but I'm guessing the available levels as of now will only have enemies that have appeared in this episode so far. Claire, Moira, Barry, and Gina seem to be unlocked from the start. Subsequent characters are unlocked by obtaining a certain number of Completion Medallions.

Messed around a bit more with Raid Mode and I guessed wrong. It seems that some enemies that haven't shown up yet in the available campaigns do appear in some Raid Missions. So far I've encountered the Sploder and Orthos.
And now I've run into a disappointing issue. Raid Mode now runs on a respawn system that revives your character right on the spot you died. So instead of playing out a death scene after a grab, your character is thrown aside or drops to the ground and you are given a prompt asking whether or not you want to revive again. Each revive costs a heart, which you can earn by either completing certain missions or by purchasing them for real money. I've tried dieing in "no respawn" missions and the results seem to be the same. No death scene plays and the character is thrown aside/falls in a canned animation.

Thanks Cnby :) , As predicted the enemies we encounter in this episode are mainly the ones we saw in all old videos

So I have a question because i will play the PC version but it will unlock tomorrow , Can natalia be hit or grabbed or she is invisible even if we control her ?

Shame about the raid mode issue , it is all because of the stupid micro-transactions crapcom inserted in that mode , hope we don't see that kind of crap in the following games as it would be a nightmare for us if they included it in mercenaries in RE7

So when playing as claire , jill and moira in Raid mode and they encounter the Revenant , does he do the bearhug or they erased that too in raid mode ?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks Cnby :) , As predicted the enemies we encounter in this episode are mainly the ones we saw in all old videos

So I have a question because i will play the PC version but it will unlock tomorrow , Can natalia be hit or grabbed or she is invisible even if we control her ?

Shame about the raid mode issue , it is all because of the stupid micro-transactions crapcom inserted in that mode , hope we don't see that kind of crap in the following games as it would be a nightmare for us if they included it in mercenaries in RE7

So when playing as claire , jill and moira in Raid mode and they encounter the Revenant , does he do the bearhug or they erased that too in raid mode ?

Natalia can be hit (no blood, causes her to stagger for a second) but not grabbed. I didn't mess too much with it but it also appears that she is invincible.

As for Revenants in Raid Mode I haven't encountered any yet, so I'm not sure how their grab will play out there.

gfan84

Potential Patron
I'm also hoping that Residentevil.net will be available for Revelations 2. They had all kinds of fun stuff to download for the first revelations, and events like extra XP for certain enemies killed and also discounts on weapons and parts.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you guys have as far as system, but I have xbox360 and the game hasn't been posted yet...any idea of why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.