randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
wanna see some gameplay. Hoping this is more of a horror game. Funny you know all the other characters have been in less games but Jill still has the LEAST personality and effect on the overall story of Resident Evil :/

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
^Which is amusing considering that she has her own game, which...is really just a side story than anything. I don't remember anything that was really important that happened in that game in fact, other than confirming that Barry is alive.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Two deaths from the demo courtesy of the Japanese ryona board.

EDIT: Sorry about that. The video actually uses two of Jill's voice sets. The first death is with the english voice. The second uses the japanese voice.

BIO_RE.zip

Oh, and the English demo is out now for those interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
^Which is amusing considering that she has her own game, which...is really just a side story than anything. I don't remember anything that was really important that happened in that game in fact, other than confirming that Barry is alive.
I assume this is referring to Resident Evil 3? Well yeah, not much important happened to Jill aside from you know, being infected with the t-virus. Without that Resident Evil 5's plot couldn't have happened.
Now I won't even try to argue the point that every major Resident Evil character has the personality and depth of a wet rock, but I'll take Jill any day over characters like Sheva or Rebecca.

As for RE:R, it really sounds like they're at least trying to touch on their roots. I'll wait till I get my hands on a copy to say whether they succeed or not, but from a pure ryona standpoint it looks like they've succeed or at least made progress.

Ryooo123456

Ryonani Teamster
the demo is cool. she has a downed animation. like a last stand in CoD or something. but you can choose to get up. sitting give a death scene if she is killed. other than sucking her neck until she falls to the ground, there is nothing so far.
But when she does go down, her back arches and she screams. sexy!!

can't wait for the full game, hope there is more Ryona!!

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
More. Still the same two deaths from the demos but in different areas, might be of interest to some people. First voice is Japanese, second is English.

Li_119724.zip

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Sorry for the double post but I have a new death from the game from a Famitsu live event. This one is from an early boss named Scagdead. Similar to the chainsaw wielding enemies from some of the previous titles, the Scagdead will kill you instantly if you get too close. Luckily for us Jill gets too close, at which point the Scagdead grabbed her leg with its mouth, swung her up then brought her down onto its saw arm, killing her.

I must warn you, as is typical of these events the hosts are prone to screaming and squealing loudly. Since you can't really hear the game at this point you won't be missing anything if you turn the volume down.

????LIVE ?33? 2/4 ? ??????(??)
Starts at around 2:27

In case you don't have a NicoDouga account here's a youtube video of just the death.
Resident Evil: Revelations - Scagdead death - YouTube

Edit: An ad campaign has also started revolving around "Survival Tips". A live action video is shown at the start of each ad. The female actor, who I assume is playing Jill, gets killed off-screen for not heeding these tips. Kind of amusing. The rest shows ingame footage featuring a nice grab here or there.

Survival Tip #4
Survival Tip #8
Survival Tip #14

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Man Cnby, keep bringing the goods!
I'd seen the basic ooze death scenes before, but it was nice to get clips without the player talking through the entire video.
The Scagdead scene looks awesome, but the youtube video is a bit dark to make out what's actually happening... nevertheless it give me something to look forward to.

I really hope Jill has some good unlockable outfits; her RE3 attire, or the police outfit... though I'd kill to see her Regina cosplay again. (Naturally ha ha.)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Man Cnby, keep bringing the goods!
I'd seen the basic ooze death scenes before, but it was nice to get clips without the player talking through the entire video.
The Scagdead scene looks awesome, but the youtube video is a bit dark to make out what's actually happening... nevertheless it give me something to look forward to.

Yeah I gotta apologize for the dark video. I think it might be a result of the download or editing process. Not sure. It might be easier to see at the Nicovideo link.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah I gotta apologize for the dark video. I think it might be a result of the download or editing process. Not sure. It might be easier to see at the Nicovideo link.
Yeah, I watched it on Nico and it was easier to see. (Not to mention more awesome, love me some bloody Jill!)
I forgot that most videos when uploaded to youtube become significantly darker (my own videos taught me that.) This makes uploading videos from survival horrors a pain in the ass to see anything. So it's not your fault.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Much better, thanks for all your hard work.
I can't wait to see more of what this game has to offer! I only hope there'll be an easier way to record gameplay than sticking a camera over the system.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
there is, it's called a capture card :P
Ha.
No really, I've yet to see any commercially available cable or card for capturing 3DS gameplay. Most just improvise and stick a camera on a tripod over the system. Makes for some less than stellar quality, but it's better than nothing.
Still I wouldn't put it past Capcom to re-release RE:R as a downloadable title for PS3 and 360 with extra content sometime in the year. That would make it easier to record as well.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
The Japanese ryona board has delivered a video compilation of most of the deaths in the game. I say most because from what I've been reading and from some comments the video might be missing one or two deaths. Particularly the globster's (beach blob monster) underwater instant death attack. I'll be sure to update this thread again when the missing deaths are posted.

The video contains some enemy spoilers but it doesn't spoil anything about the story.

RER Deaths.mp4 - YouTube

I'm uploading the original download. It will be available soon.

Edit: And here it is.

RER Deaths.mp4

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Aww, I was hoping for some waist constriction matieral. Thought there might have been some underwater tentacles or the such, looks like I'm missing out on this one. So pretty nasty deaths in there though, some of them seemed to take a fair while too, like that blood sucking unusual creature.

shiruken

Ryonani Teamster
Seems like since re4 capcom isn't going to show anything graphic anymore. Any impale/decap happens off screen with that stupid blur and most of the deaths are "lol jill got hit fall down". Kind of dissapointing but thanks for the upload all the same :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.