Recorder.swf: forgotten during cleanup, precursor to a future mod, or kept there because it's already there. (1 Viewer)

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
I've been checking around the forum and in the loader guides for anything regarding the .swf file "Recorder" in the loader folder, but I'm not seeing anything in the guides and from what I'm reading about it in threads made 2+ years ago is that it's either a dead mod or that it was originally named "Auto.exe" (or .swf I don't remember) and possibly WAS working, or had some problems and was just forgotten. I can't come to a clear internal consensus so to speak, so I'm making this thread to gain some clear and concise confirmation.

Does the .swf file named "Recorder" work in the .swf file named "Loader" and could it be continued possibly? (If the answer to this is no then I don't really know if it's necessary to answer the other question honestly)

There is a file in the "Mods" folder named "RecordingExample" with a text file that reads "Recording" and in it contains values from a recording. It doesn't say anything in the top right when I load it in the Loader*, but after loading it I press the "Play Recording" shortcut to which I have assigned the key '7' and nothing happens still, Is something in that order wrong?

*I know I should have gotten my answer from just that, but please bear with me, from what I've gathered from the threads I've read, no one has actually asked this question in about 4-6 years.

Faceless

Content Creator
It's dead, Jim.

More seriously, animtools does what recorder.swf did and more besides. I'm not even sure of the most recent loader can even still use recorder.swf. ModGuy ModGuy ?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i thought the recorder was for creating custom auto modes essentially simulating mouse movements, i think i used it once.

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
Alright good to know and thanks for the reply, I'll check around the forum for help on how to do it through animtools then...

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
Okay super late I know, but I know now what to do with Recorder.swf. It turns out Recorder.swf made to be used in conjunction with Autoscript.exe (both packaged in the link's .zip download).

Before using Recorder.swf, unpackage Autoscript.exe and its dependencies and integrate it into the loader's "$INIT$" folder. After that, use Recorder.swf to make a recording of your mouse movements, save your mouse recording, rename the file it makes (Recording.txt) to "[number here].txt]" (ex.: 1.txt). After that, make a folder in the loader's "Data" folder called "Rec" and put your recording in it. Autoscript should appear in the in-game "Loader" tab. The rest is in the notes for the .swf in the download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.