problem with Asuka Plugsuit mod (1 Viewer)

wonderwall

Potential Patron
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to taking SDT further than the vanilla game and just recently discover the troves of mods here. It's all very exciting (and lewd).

I'm hoping to get a question about a particular mod, the Asuka Plugsuit. For some reason I can only generate the arm sleeves but no other parts when I load it as part of a character folder. It also frequently freezes the game when I import the swf mod.

Someone on related Rei Plugsuit mentions they get everything else except the arms. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again, still digging through the community and learning the basics. Looking forward to an answer!

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello wonderwall wonderwall . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

I'm hoping to get a question about a particular mod, the Asuka Plugsuit. For some reason I can only generate the arm sleeves but no other parts when I load it as part of a character folder.
That sounds like a priority problem. Your Character Folder contains a few SWF files, a few TXT configuration files, maybe a PNG thumbnail image, and a TXT character-configuration code (which we often describe as a "charcode"). That last bit is important.

The charcode contains customization information relevant to your character - such as her eye color, breast size, mood, etc. It also includes information about her costume. In this case you're using an external costume instead of one of the built-in costumes from the game, and the girl is nude underneath her costume, so the costume data is a bunch of blanks. Footwear:none. Tops:none. Bra:none. Etc.

Imagine that we're loading the Character Folder. This typically involves a Reset, to clear out any unwanted remnants of prior gameplay. So we have a generic light-skinned blonde girl (SDChan). Now we load the SWF file. The girl appears in a complete plugsuit. But then a split-second later we apply the charcode. We see Footwear:none and so we strip off the "shoes" portion of the plugsuit. We see Tops:none and so we chop off the upper half of the costume. We gradually remove every bit of the costume except the sleeves (because charcodes don't include a Sleeves:none datum). Then we apply the remaining customization options (makeup, skin color, etc). You're left with a perfect copy of your custom girl, but her outfit is badly mangled.

There are two ways to fix it:
  1. Change the game's Settings.txt file so that Charcodes are applied before loading SWF mods.
    • This is done by opening the Settings.txt file in the game's root folder, changing loadCodeLast from 1 to 0, and then restarting the whole game.
    • This change may cause some of your existing Character Folders to behave differently.
    • SWF mods sometimes include built-in charcode information. For example: a SWF outfit belonging to a dark-skinned fictional character might automatically set the SDT girl's skin to dark, just to save time for the end user. The red plugsuit could have automatically switched the SDT girl's hairstyle to Asuka (it doesn't actually do that, but it could have).
    • If you load a SWF file after you've applied your personal customization settings, then there's a risk that your settings will be overridden by those of the SWF author.
  2. Clean up your charcode
    • This is done by opening the Code.txt file in your Character Folder, removing unnecessary key-value pairs, and then saving the file.
    • This process is somewhat tedious. You need to comb through the file and preserve the stuff that you explicitly want (such as custom eye color) while removing entries which are unimportant (such as BellyPiercing) and ones which cause interference (such as Footwear:none).
    • If you're uncertain of how to do this stuff or too lazy to bother :) then you could try to use an automated tool.

It also frequently freezes the game when I import the swf mod.
Run the game via the Flash Player projector content debugger (instead of the standard Flash Player projector tool). Try to load the costume and/or play normally until something goes wrong. Instead of crashing, the game will spit out a complicated text message (called a stack trace). Post that message (or a screenshot of it) and we'll investigate.

Once you've done this, you can switch back to the regular Flash Player for future gameplay. Just remember that when you run into a problem, it's a good idea to provide a stack trace if possible. It helps us to identify and solve the problem much more quickly.

Someone on related Rei Plugsuit mentions they get everything else except the arms.
Not related to your problem. That person was probably trying to load the suit into the vanilla game. The vanilla game doesn't support the type of sleeves which @Wyld_Card included in his mod.

wonderwall

Potential Patron
Thank you stuntcock stuntcock for your comprehensive reply! I've changed loadCodeLast and it's working fine now! I ran the game in the decoder and there hasn't been any more problems so I guess I was using vanilla instead of the loader.

I'll keep in mind to acquire the stack trade if I run into a problem in the future, thanks again for your help!

ds14048

Content Creator
This is actually the same plugsuit made by Wyld_Card
Downloads from Wyld_Card
I have been changing it myself and still has a few bugs.
I have asked both Wyld_Card and marlow brandon
Asuka Plugsuit
for their fla files but have not gotten an answer. I would at least need
Wyld_Cards permission unless he is considered inactive.
Maybe stuntcock stuntcock knows the correct policy.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I have asked both Wyld_Card and marlow brandon for their fla files but have not gotten an answer.
@marlow brandon was last seen: May 1, 2014. @Wyld_Card was last seen Jan 22, 2015. They're considered inactive, which is why I reuploaded their files (1, 2) without waiting for permission.

I would at least need Wyld_Cards permission unless he is considered inactive.
You've done the right thing by trying to contact them. So long as you give credit to the original author(s), you're allowed to release your own edited files. For example: reshaping a costume to fit an alternate body type, adding RGB-slider or breast-slider support, or creating a torn/damaged/undressed variant of a costume. I would consider any of these examples to be a legitimate contribution to SDT modding. Even if you make no significant changes to a mod, simply repackaging a Loader mod as a vanilla SWF import is a valuable service, because the latter type of file is more useful to the SDT fanbase.

If the author has specifically forbidden any derivative works then I would expect you to respect their decision, but that's not the case here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.