Possible future ryona games? (5 Viewers)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
In a very unfortunate reveal it appears BRCS is just the Japanese localization of the less than stellar BloodRayne sidescroller by Wayforward that was released a couple years back.
I should have figured considering Arc Systems has localized Majesco games before. Very disappointing.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
double edit: apparently it comes out at the end of february, and you won't be playing any of the female characters.

Based on descriptions and previews , It turned out that you can play as Hit-Girl , not sure in a full campaign or in some chapters but she is playable anyway

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Resident Evil 7 (Rumors until E3 2014)

It is heavily rumored that resident evil 7 would be announced at E3 2014 so until the official release we would discuss possible rumors regarding the main game and ryona in it and after the official announcement the title would be changed simply into Resident Evil 7

There are currently two rumors , the first is that Wesker's VA was spotted recording some work for the game so there is a possible return for wesker , the second one is that alice (the female heroine from the RE movies ) would be playable in the mercenaries mode to promote a possible upcoming movie starring her

Last edited by a moderator:

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Despite the reaction to RE6, apparently it was one of their better selling series in the last few years. So it really doesn't surprise me that they are going to keep trying to make more games.

That said. Alice? Really? I know the RE movies are making them money (somehow) but does anyone really want to see that Mary Sue anywhere near the official game series? Maybe as a character exclusive to mercenaries mode, OK sure, but I fear they wouldn't stop there. I mean, Jake was shaping up to be a male Alice what with his super kung fu zombie killing karate chop action stuff. Adding her would only encourage them to make it more action oriented, and as a consequence, less horrific and ryona-ish. (After all, why spend time on the player's death scenes when they aren't supposed to die?)

Frankly, I hope Capcom tries to make what the fans are asking for and goes for more of an atmospheric survival game, rather than trying to get a slice of the CoD pie like they were with RE6 and Operation Raccoon City.
Only time will tell.

On a final note, there are a lot of E3 rumors this year aren't there? Should we make a thread just for collecting, theorizing, and/or talking about them?

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
the action isn't going to go anywhere, since as much as people love to say otherwise, it's been core to the RE games forever. you might be low on ammo for the first 15 minutes, and then you go guns blazing. about the only exceptions to this i can think of are the first one, REmake, and i think one of the dreamcast games. i do agree that they've lost any sense of atmosphere though.

with that said, i'm actually fine with the actual game mechanics of 6 staying around, because if you experiment with it, it's actually a VERY damn fine action game, and if i'm going to be shooting zombies, i'd prefer it be actually fun instead of camera angles. i do think they need to do something about how hollywood style the action is though, because it really is just a shooting gallery at this point. i don't care if they keep this style of gameplay, hell, if they can make the co op more than just "hurr both of you press enter to open door" then i'm totally okay with that too, but they need to do something. maybe a limit on how much ammo you can carry, shots matter more, etc. i'd say lower ammo count, but again, that's not been a problem for the majority of these games.

as for E3, it's pretty normal around this time of year, but this is also a very big year. nintendo has to do something, since even though they're doing better than people believe, all the negative press around them is going to take effect eventually. microsoft also needs to do something to catch up to sony, who is somehow breaking sales records despite having absolutely nothing to play on the system. maybe they'll take a page out of sony's book and do nothing but talk about sales for 6 months and that'll make xbones fly off the shelves.

Attachments

• afujjak.jpg
    afujjak.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 168

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I don't know why people wants RE to return backwards by returning to tank controls and fixed camera angles , those things didn't define resident evil but the limited ammo , save rooms , inventory systems and zombies/BOWs are what defined resident evil and it won't be hard to insert those things to a modern game with a gameplay like RE6 , then RE4 evolved the series into a new heights as tank controls and fixed camera angels became a thing of the past in 2005 so it was a refreshing change for the series and instead of keeping the things that defined resident evil we got a typical third person shooter game that has only the title of resident evil in RE5 and RE6 although I admit that the gameplay of RE6 has the best and most enjoyable gameplay of the entire series and has one of the best TPS gameplay of all time so I don't mind if they carried over the RE6 gameplay but it was clearly seen that in RE6 Capcom was confused on the direction the series should be headed , and even though Revelations gameplay was inferior to RE6 but overall it was headed to the right direction more than RE6 , Also RE is known to focuses more on action than similar horror games so being an action focused survival horror game isn't something new to resident evil especially after completing the first half of the older games

I can't say much about the story since RE series isn't the best series in terms of story from its beginning in the original game and it wasn't one of its strong points anyway but I think Claire's type of character is the ideal character to have in a surviving horror game like RE so I don't care if they made the new game a sequel , prequel or a total reboot as long as they insert a playable female character to it for our ryona :) , I didn't mind multiple campaigns and multiple playable character but of course a single campaign with a single playable female character would satisfy me

What I want from Capcom is a game that combines RE6 gameplay with Limited ammo , save rooms with checkpoints available unless you exit the game , Inventory System that has sense more than combining red and green herbs , a game full of Zombies and BOWs with no human with guns or guns at all and RE6 showed that the mechanism works pretty well with Zombies and BOWs and finally have a playable female characters

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I still say RE 4 was NOT a horror game. Most of the areas you were in were brightly lite without much build up. The only horror build up was the re generator which was scary...the first time it appears. And the only kinda off setting area's were the first night village section, and that was it really. Other night area had mutant mercs and chain-gun wielding assholes. After that it was easy to dispose of. Not to mention the really stupid Vega claw guy who swings his claws around like a newbie Scout in TF2. Also I still hate those enemies the series introduced the ones that head's pop off an become a tentacle seriously I laughed when I first saw it. Also one of the villians is Napoleon and another looks like a Star Wars Sith lord...I'm sorry I can't take them with a straight face. Specially when Napoleon pulls a loony tunes to hear the earth shattering scream and Leon shoots the speaker.

Also even as an action game I did not find it fun since it was clunky. I DO like the old tank control ones because it cause you to hesitate though I will say this I DO NOT WANT THAT. Tank controls are a product of their time and have no place now.

Here is what I DO want. I want something like the monster and monster types form Leon's part of RE6 and the classic games. The atmosphere of the classics, and the controls of 6.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Boundy hit the nail on the head with the comment about Claire.
Story/character wise the series has been constantly making the mistake of putting the player in a highly trained operative with plenty of fire-arm experience and nerves of steel. I agree that we need to see the series focus more on the "average joe and janes" who are not equipped, physically or mentally to combat zombies, monsters, and mutants on a global scale.

I'm not advocating that RE should return to it's roots to the point of fixed camera angles and tank controls. But what it should do is know what type of game it is going to be:
If it's going to be action oriented then fine I guess... but why bother with limiting the ammo before/during unskippable boss battles? Or at all? If the game is designed to "kill em all" shouldn't it give you the ammo to do so?
If it's going to be survival themed, why have random civilian zombies drop ammo? Why throw in several locked doors that mysteriously unlock after killing everything in the room?
Tension is built when, despite the mechanics working, you never feel safe. You can't have it both ways, it's hard to be scared when you are a one man death machine able to kill everything.

But I guess that's the divide Capcom sadly created with RE4. It was somewhat tense, but too action-oriented to be considered "survival" and now they are stuck trying to top RE4 in both action and tension and it hasn't worked.
I wonder if it's too much to ask for just a good Dragon's Dogma sequel from them...

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i haven't played DD since i don't have a console but i've heard nothing but good things about it. did it not sell well? because with as much praise as people throw at it, it seems pretty shocking that a sequel won't be announced at E3

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
But I guess that's the divide Capcom sadly created with RE4. It was somewhat tense, but too action-oriented to be considered "survival" and now they are stuck trying to top RE4 in both action and tension and it hasn't worked.

I still say RE 4 was NOT a horror game. Most of the areas you were in were brightly lite without much build up. The only horror build up was the re generator which was scary...the first time it appears. And the only kinda off setting area's were the first night village section, and that was it really. Other night area had mutant mercs and chain-gun wielding assholes. After that it was easy to dispose of. Not to mention the really stupid Vega claw guy who swings his claws around like a newbie Scout in TF2. Also I still hate those enemies the series introduced the ones that head's pop off an become a tentacle seriously I laughed when I first saw it. Also one of the villians is Napoleon and another looks like a Star Wars Sith lord...I'm sorry I can't take them with a straight face. Specially when Napoleon pulls a loony tunes to hear the earth shattering scream and Leon shoots the speaker.

RE4 was a necessary change in order for the series to survive , if it wasn't for RE4 then the series would now set beside Silent Hill , Castlevania and other Japanese classics that are struggling now to be remain alive so this is the game that made RE remains a multi-million seller no matter what the product is and that will last for a long time based on only the word of mouth and even the garbage that is called operation racoon city managed to sell 2M copies based only on word of mouth and a 3DS port that is Revelations sold near 1.5 copies and an extremely underrated / bad reviewed game that is RE6 managed to sell 6M copies , what really made the series worse is just like what bryanthunder said is that After Mikami departure from the company Capcom was confused and didn't know what direction the series should go following RE4 Success and that was clearly visible in RE6 so without the original creater's vision they looked at what formula will make them sell the most and that formula is making a clone of COD without sticking to the old RE formula because the creator is gone and there is no one in the company that can replace him or create a similar vision , And @randomguy I heard that the English VA and dialogue was changed and turned into a cheesy and bad acting while the original japanese script and VA for Leon was very serious and strict unlike the English version so it takes way way from the original atmosphere

i haven't played DD since i don't have a console but i've heard nothing but good things about it. did it not sell well? because with as much praise as people throw at it, it seems pretty shocking that a sequel won't be announced at E3

I was wondering why it didn't get a PC release , Capcom at the time DD launched was one of the few Japanese companies that support PC Ports and the game is more like a WRPG which is popular on PC and actually WRPG sell pretty well on PC (Skyrim , The Witcher , Dragon Age and lately Dark Souls ) so it was an odd decision to not have a PC port .

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Some more rumors pulled from Neogaf hinting that the game will be more in line with Resident Evil Revelations, rather than a "7" proper. They also hint at three returning characters, 2 female, and one male. Two of them having not been seen in over a decade, and one who has been mentioned in games, but has yet to have an active in-game appearance. This mystery character has not appeared in any of the canon movies or comics.

JUICY RUMOR: Next Resident Evil similar to Revelations, E3 2014, not RE7 #1
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As always, take this with a grain of salt.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Living RE encyclopedia News Bot dropped hints:
wCtoSMp.png

u0pdnKS.png

nzScr4U.png

ufBTvbK.png

Credibility: you could say he's an insider in the "RE universe". Even conducts interviews with previous Japanese RE staff. And he always strives to be factually 100% correct.

Similarly, French biohazardfrance.com website hints at a new "revelations" type game.

aYCgOCK.png

Translates to, iirc: "It (the reveal) is for soon yes, but I never said it'll be Resident Evil 7"

CRW2lpI.png

Translates to, iirc : "One thing is for sure, fans will scrutinize their screens during coming days and weeks and this is where the REVELATION will unfold "
Credibility: Very old and reliable source of "behind the scenes" RE information. They also conduct interviews with previous RE staff. Hunk is the webmaster.

This is inline with what the producer of Revelations said back in Feb2013:
Kawata says he's 'revised his opinion' on action-focused Resident Evil - Resident Evil Revelations for Xbox 360 News

TL;DR: two completely unrelated RE insiders hint that the next RE game is a REV-type game, announced at E3 2014, and to not expect "RE 7" yet.

Sources:
Capcom Community
Biohazard France - La référence des sites français sur les jeux Resident Evil

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Facinating, I hope it's true. If it is, I also hope the two ladies will be taking the spotlight rather than the "one male" as hinted.
Hmm, two characters not seen in over a decade... off the top of my head I can't help but think of Rebecca, Barry, Carlos, or Billy. All fan-favored characters that haven't really been relevant since REmake and RE0 on the gamecube. Of course it's also been a long time since Claire or Ashley have made an official appearance.
And before you say "no way it's Ashley" or anything; remember, RE loves to develop characters off screen, so I wouldn't put it past Capcom to give us a "RE4 Leon trained and certified" version of the character. (Besides, I'll happily feed her to some monsters if she's wearing a sweater again.)

I can't quite think of anyone who has been mentioned, but not seen in the series of the top of my head though... guess I'll do some digging.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
take it all with a grain of salt. most things that leak on neogaf are just reposts from 4chan, and around E3 people go out of their way to flood /v/ with fakes. there have been a few leaks on /v/ over the years that end up real, like the wii u game pad, the microsoft DRM, diablo 3 on consoles etc, but those always show up way, way earlier. never at a time where things are "in the now".

onlinehero

Casual Client
Was a high time to revitalize and sticky this thread.

This year as I see it, is looking very poor for new ryona games. Only upcoming games that I think might have some ryona are new SF4 edition coming in summer, and possibly Evil Within (if it is possible to play as female) coming in autumn. Is there anything else coming or is it gonna be boring game year?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Was a high time to revitalize and sticky this thread.

This year as I see it, is looking very poor for new ryona games. Only upcoming games that I think might have some ryona are new SF4 edition coming in summer, and possibly Evil Within (if it is possible to play as female) coming in autumn. Is there anything else coming or is it gonna be boring game year?

Confirmed for this year (pending any possible delays):

Evolve - (October) From the creators of Left 4 Dead. One monster vs. four human characters plus the wildlife. Has a number of monsters as well as female playable characters.
Batman Arkham Knight - (October) Get to play as Harley Quinn. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other playable female characters.
Bayonetta 2 - (Summer 2014) For obvious reasons. Release date will likely be this year according to most reports, with more specifics at E3.
Forgotten Memories - (possibly 2014, pending delay) iOS game with a female protagonist in a haunted asylum. By the sounds of it the first episode is really close to done and could possibly come out this year. (Though even then then the developer has been really poor about cornering any sort of release date.)

Next year or possibly this year, pending E3 and delays:
Fortnite - Third person shooter with base building mechanics. Playable character can be male or female. Defend against monsters.
Devil's Third - Itagaki's WIP title. Third person action game with male and female playable characters. Development has been under wraps for a while now so hopefully something comes out of E3.
The Order 1886 - (Early 2015) Third person shooter with four main characters, one female. Enemies include supernatural beasts. It's unknown if you can actually play as the female.
Guerilla Game's rumored next title - Supposedly an open world RPG that will have "robotic dinosaurs", "weird exotic creatures", and a red headed female protagonist.
Resident Evil Rumor - Rumored new Resident Evil with 2 female protagonists, and one male. Will have to wait till E3 before more can be said.
Mortal Kombat X - More info to come early Monday morning.

That's all I can really remember as of right now. So yeah the rest of this year definitely looks light on the ryona games. Hopefully E3 will rectify that but I'm sure the majority of the games that pop up there are slated for a 2015-2016 release.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I am all with EvilDraconis , anything in 4chan should be taken with a grain of salt and most gamers including Neogaf members themsleves reaction when they find that it is a 4chan leak isn't something that should be taken for sure , but after the links that cnby provided that shows that the source is credible one regards RE then I may believe that leak

if the two returning characters are Claire and Steve then the internet will explode from that reveal since both of them are fan favorites and it was hinted in code veronica that there is a way to revive him but knowing Japanese mentality they won't bring back characters that were in failed games in their opinion and they thought that code veronica was a failed game although it is one of the best RE's

Psythe

Potential Patron
I would love to see Wesker come back. He was probably my favorite character, and had a lot of potential to be interesting and memorable. Here and there throughout the series, he was seen orchestrating from the shadows, like G-Man from Half Life, but you never quite knew his angle (maybe cliche, but it was still engaging). then all of a sudden in RE 5 he busts onto the scene as just your typical madman trying to destroy the world. The last fight against him was similar to most other RE boss battles since RE 4, with hardly the gravitas needed for the fight against the main villain of the whole series.

Now that we have the ending of RE 5, they might have to do some lame 'the Wesker that died was a clone', or similar trope if they want to bring him back, but hell it might be worth it if it's not too stupidly done.

Aside from all that, I'm another one in hopefully(Selfishly, so Capcom might listen :P) a long line of people who want a return to the claustrophobic, survival-horror style gameplay. Games series like Amnesia and Penumbra show you can pull the atmosphere off brilliantly without losing the modern edge and feeling retro.

All I know is, if I play one more freaking over-the-shoulder or first person shooter with duck-and-cover mechanics, too many cutscenes and overly linear gameplay, I might just put my fist through my TV -__-

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded

A new game annonunced by Crytek and will be developed by Vigil games (Darksiders creators) and will be out for consoles and PC

The game is a third person action game which relies on Co-Op action and I saw a female character as one of the playable characters

"Hunt, due out on PC and undisclosed consoles, is a third-person action game set in the late 1800s in which up to four players get together to kill horrible creatures , In Hunt players act as hunters who fight creatures from myth and folklore. There's a content generation system that Crytek said "ensures players never encounter exactly the same environment or set of enemies twice"

Don't know if this will be a F2P , MMO game but there is no mention that this will be something like that

Trailer :

Edit : It looks like it will be a Free to play title

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.