Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (6 Viewers)

stuntcock

Content Creator
Was wondering if it would be possible to make [LOAD_CHARCODE] compatible with SBY's penisrangeV5.swf in future updates?
From a cursory inspection: yes, we could simply remove the CharCodeAction.as::loadCharCode(...) method and invoke g.InGameMenu.loadData(...) instead.

However, dialogueActions is a big mod and it's possible that this change could introduce bugs or instability elsewhere. I don't have enough experience with this mod (or with dialogue writing in general) to perform effective regression testing; I'd need spend time tracing the code in search of secondary effects. Pim_gd Pim_gd himself could undoubtedly do it more quickly, but he was last active in October 2015.

Which brings us to the crux of the issue: if you guys want big ambitious mods then you need to provide prompt feedback when a major release or patch is provided. It's very time-consuming for a modder to test every possible permutation and interaction on their own. Code will tend to be incomplete or buggy when it's first released. Negative feedback is okay - it can lead to a healthy conversation about deficiencies and improvements. But if there's no substantial feedback for months then the modder will probably assume that nobody is actually interested in the mod (or conclude that the mod is irredeemably broken), and go dormant.

AdrianWhite404

Potential Patron
I'm having some difficulties with some of the actions.

First off, I don't really understand how the play mp3 function works. If I understand it correctly, you just do

vigorous:"[PLAY_SFX_(file path)\mp3]"

yet when I input

[PLAY_SFX_C:\Users\XXX\Loader\sby_loader_pack_5_545\Audio Files\Keepers\AUDREY_CLIMAX.MP3]

it simply prints the whole damn thing to the screen. What do?

Also, I want to be able to make her breathe harder or orgasm, but when I try to do something like

pre_cum:"[VA_SET_VARIABLE_<da.breathPercentage>_+=<100>]"

or
[VA_SET_VARIABLE_<da.masturbation.herpleasure>_+=<100>]

nothing happens. It doesn't even print to the screen.

What am I doing wrong?

cwking420

Potential Patron
I'm having some difficulties with some of the actions.

First off, I don't really understand how the play mp3 function works. If I understand it correctly, you just do

vigorous:"[PLAY_SFX_(file path)\mp3]"

yet when I input

[PLAY_SFX_C:\Users\XXX\Loader\sby_loader_pack_5_545\Audio Files\Keepers\AUDREY_CLIMAX.MP3]

it simply prints the whole damn thing to the screen. What do?

Also, I want to be able to make her breathe harder or orgasm, but when I try to do something like

pre_cum:"[VA_SET_VARIABLE_<da.breathPercentage>_+=<100>]"

or
[VA_SET_VARIABLE_<da.masturbation.herpleasure>_+=<100>]

nothing happens. It doesn't even print to the screen.

What am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure about the sound fx but the other two need to be put at the end of the line like this. "Oh I'm cumming!" {"style":"Thought","set":{"da.masturbation.herpleasure":100}} You need to do the same thing with breathPercentage and oxygenPercentage only replace the 100 with the level you want those variables. You can even have them all in one line. "Oh I'm cumming!" {"style":"Thought","set":{"da.masturbation.herpleasure":100,"da.breathPercentage":50,"oxygenPercentage":50}}

SDT-FAN

Potential Patron
Sorry, but i just spend the Whole day to get every Thing to work ... And now i don't get how to load a "penisrangecharfile.txt" within the Dialog ...
Please help me. :/
P.S.: And i read a LOT of readmes today AND used search Function on the Forum ...

cwking420

Potential Patron
Sorry, but i just spend the Whole day to get every Thing to work ... And now i don't get how to load a "penisrangecharfile.txt" within the Dialog ...
Please help me. :/
P.S.: And i read a LOT of readmes today AND used search Function on the Forum ...

Sorry, but as far as I know penisrange character files are not compatable with dialogue actions.

SDT-FAN

Potential Patron
And now there is the Problem ... i posted this Question on Sby's Thread, because penisrange is his Mod. The only thing i wrote was dialog and some one suposed to be this Question on DActions -.- (Animtool, has also Dialog Trigger/Actions)

Anway, Thanky you cwking420

B

Blasterballz

Super nooby question, but whatever. Why does the file load a rar. file instead of an SWF file. I think this Is the reason I can't get the DialogueActions mod to load.

cwking420

Potential Patron
Super nooby question, but whatever. Why does the file load a rar. file instead of an SWF file. I think this Is the reason I can't get the DialogueActions mod to load.

You have to unzip the .rar with 7-zip in order to get the files you need to run mod.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
March 1, 2016
Introducing v4.02 of DialogueActions!
- Reuploaded v4.01 to bitbucket because it somehow got murdered
- Added [LOAD_CHARCODE2], which uses what this post said ( Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.02 (1 Mar 2016) | Page 16 | Undertow ): "yes, we could simply remove the CharCodeAction.as::loadCharCode(...) method and invoke g.InGameMenu.loadData(...) instead." To load charcodes with sby support
Link in OP. Alternatively, get the latest version from the downloads page of the BitBucket repo.

So yeah. I got a mail from bitbucket this morning stating that v4.01 got fucked over by something on their end, and I would have to reupload the file. Didn't expect that from a place like bitbucket. Oh well. I reuploaded it, so it should be fine.

I also saw you lot were complaining (but didn't tell me via a PM or something) so I quickly threw something together to make it work with sdt's native code. It might act weird still; what it does is take the current charcode and slap your charcode over that. There were indeed reasons why I needed my own version of load char code, but I forgot. Maybe it's because of backgrounds or something? They might get overwritten. Oh well.

Test it and let me know if anything is broken, because I didn't test it myself. I have a massive headache for some reason and decided to at least fix the bitbucket file-murdering.

TL;DR: bitbucket fuck things up, my head hurts, I fixed it, added v4.02 unstable and v4.01 stable.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
glancing at some old source code, looks like you were trying to make it so you could accept piece meal charcodes that wouldn't reset things that were not included in the charcode.

if so, you could try this:
grab the string of piecemeal charcode that is sent from a dialog, generate current charcode from inGameMenu.getSaveDataString, replace parts of save data string with piecemeal code, call regular loadData function

Pim_gd

Content Creator
I already did that; I tested and the last occurence of a repeated value is used. So I just get the save data string and append the partial to it. ... Maybe if we compare decompiled code with the code in the function, it's easier to spot what changed...

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I already did that; I tested and the last occurence of a repeated value is used. So I just get the save data string and append the partial to it. ... Maybe if we compare decompiled code with the code in the function, it's easier to spot what changed...
that is what i was doing, although i was using an old version of DA (3.0 i think). could have been written like that originally? don't know. but hey if it seems to work, sweet.

also, yay on community testing xD

stuntcock

Content Creator
glancing at some old source code, looks like you were trying to make it so you could accept piece meal charcodes that wouldn't reset things that were not included in the charcode.
That's the standard behaviour of the SDT code. There's no need for a special workaround involving string manipulation. If you tell SDT to load the charcode "breasts:49" then it will alter the breast size while leaving everything else intact.

The only real complication with the g.inGameMenu.loadData(...) function is that it can overwrite stored characters. However, it won't do so "by accident" - overwriting a character would require special effort by the modder. The default parameters are safe. If you call it with a single argument (i.e. a partial charCode) then it will simply apply that charCode to the current scene.

jase

Vivacious Visitor
Would it be possible to add alpha channels to the FLASH color codes? That way you could add a color overlay to the scene, and perhaps dynamically shift between colors depending on the tone of the scene.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Would it be possible to add alpha channels to the FLASH color codes? That way you could add a color overlay to the scene, and perhaps dynamically shift between colors depending on the tone of the scene.

alpha channels are not possible; all clicks are blocked by the overlay due to the bad way it's implemented. It's like placing a piece of paper between you and your screen.

jase

Vivacious Visitor
How about the background? That would have a similar visual connotation.

EDIT: Ah, do FLASH or BACKGROUND fades set any variables that would be accessible? Could I possibly set the color code or timer values for them directly? Or use the fade time variable in line triggers?

EDIT: Triggers following [LOAD_CHAR2] will silently fail. But that's just a temporary kludge, isn't it? moreclothingbody components that it loads are cumulative, and explicitly adding"moreclothingbody:none" by itself or with another set of mods won't clear the previous. This can seriously kill performance if they're animated body mods, like Female Helper.swf and Reverse Cowgirl.swf.

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
How about the background? That would have a similar visual connotation.
EDIT: Triggers following [LOAD_CHAR2] will silently fail. But that's just a temporary kludge, isn't it? moreclothingbody components that it loads are cumulative, and explicitly adding"moreclothingbody:none" by itself or with another set of mods won't clear the previous. This can seriously kill performance if they're animated body mods, like Female Helper.swf and Reverse Cowgirl.swf.
a special case for moreclothingbody:none could be made; moreclothing's load data function (hooked as a loaddata post function) resets all body mods, then re-shows them according to what charcode it is given. since dialog actions is doing appending to current charcode, i can see this stacking some stuff.

jase

Vivacious Visitor
FADE_BACKGROUND didn't do what I expected, and seems kind of redundant when it doesn't do anything FLASH_ triggers don't. If the characters remain on the stage without change, couldn't just the background fade to cover a transition? Or shift color overlays?

Also on the matter of timer variables: is there one already accessible in any of the namespaces, and could we possibly set our own, with or without a followup linetype? A frame-based timer would be better considering how rangy game performance can be.

Are the variables currently documented the only accessible ones, or does they include ints and strings from all heirarchies in memory?

EDIT: Another minor issue with [LOAD_CHARCODE2] is that it also does a [RESET_RESIST].

EDIT:"[DEFINEOBJECT_HerInfo._charName_<other code values>_herTan_moreclothingbody_BreastSculpt]" followed by COPYOBJECT from da.charcode.load --[

Is this going to break the script for someone who doesn't have moreclothing or breastsculpt loaded, or will the variables simply be ignored?

EDIT: I'm not understanding how object variables differ from object variables because this:
Code:
setup1a:"[DEFINEOBJECT_bodyCode._bodyScale_hair_iris_breasts_skin_nose_ear_sclera_freckles_eyebrow_hairshsl_skinhsl_herTan][COPYOBJECT_1_herBody._da.charcode.load._USING_bodyCode][REGISTERGLOBALS_herBody]*herBody*[setup2b]"{"style":"Thought"}
yields no feedback if herBody isn't initialized, else it just prints the initialization value. From the log I can see every trigger is called, but herBody is still an empty string.

EDIT: Calling [LOAD_CHAR2] with the moreclothingbody items already in use removes them. This is a very useful feature to toggle specific items visibility.

EDIT: Apparently the LOAD_CHARCODE triggers don't delay if da.charcode.load is already set, so you can load a series of partial charcodes in one line. Triggers following LOAD_CHARCODE2 fail and set and next line attributes will be ignored, but the workaround for that is to SETVARs and add the next line trigger before CHARCODE2 as well. But the way moreclothingbody items keep compounding causes several problems, one mentioned above. The ability to toggle items is good, but If you want to add body items that may already be present in the character, it'll be removed instead. And there seems to be a limit to how many body items can be added, so if you're trying to add to a character loaded with items then items will fail to add. These two problems together make the operation rather unpredictable.

I was a bit slow to get that da.charcode.load is write only. The modding tab has a Generate button right next to the Load button, so couldn't that function be used to copy the current charcode? Even if it's not broken down into object variables like clothes, it can serve as an initialization code to make reversible modifications on. This gets kind of sticky when you're trying to mod and revert Her and Him independently, though.

EDIT:

-LOAD_CHARCODE2 resets background by BG # in the code. And I was mistaken about being able to trigger next line from the message body, even if it's the first trigger, it will be discarded.

- [choking] linetype will preempt [cum_in_mouth/throat]

Last edited:

colin

Content Creator
The ability to make custom auto settings as described in the thread linked mancuskajan would be AMAZING! But a lot could be done for scripting just by adding [PULL_ON] and [LOCK] triggers that do the reverse of [PULL_OFF] and hold at the current position respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.