1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only using specific parts of SWF mods.

Discussion in 'Help' started by UrMum12345, Jul 6, 2016.

1. UrMum12345

UrMum12345 Vivacious Visitor Content Creator

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I am a pretty big noob at SDT, and I was wondering how people extract specific articles of clothing from full costumes, specific parts of body mods, etc. Thanks! :)

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

It's a standard feature of the moreClothing mod by @sby. The first section of the configuration file for that mod (moreclothingV5_3settings.txt) is a "readme" which explains how to handle the extraction, filtering, and re-categorization stuff.

If you need help with a specific file then please link to it, explain what you're trying to achieve, and show us what you've got so far (in terms of configuration lines).

Please remember that moreClothing is applicable only to vanilla imports. Loader mods cannot be filtered in this way; you would need to extract and recompile the mod file (or load it alongside other files in a specific order -- to get the desired Override results).

If you haven't already done so, please take a look at @Huitznahua newbie guide. It doesn't answer your moreClothing question, but it does explain many other things which can be hidden or confusing for new people (especially Character Folders).

3. UrMum12345

UrMum12345 Vivacious Visitor Content Creator

Thanks! I think I have the character folders mostly down, but thanks for the links :)