NickyWorld BDO costume & armor mods (1 Viewer)

Se7enex

Potential Patron
I know other people have requested this and you said it would require a lot of work but if you categorized this a little more or even had before and after shots I would be eternally grateful. Since this literally replaces armors it would be nice if we could keep the ones we like and replace the ones we don't. I suppose I could always google the armors themselves for reference but even then there's a mess of files and I don't know where to begin. Simple folders would allow us to just paste an armor we dont want into the modded folder then delete it. I know it ain't easy but it would improve the usability of this mod tenfold.

I'm sure if you set up paypal donations me and others would be more than willing to donate on that development.

PS - I noticed some armors that aren't completely changed have some sorta rough looking editing. For example the default Tamer outfit has kind of a jagged cut-out between the top and the skirt. Is this intentional? I'm assuming it's supposed to look battleworn?

Thanks for your mod and thanks for reading.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I know other people have requested this and you said it would require a lot of work but if you categorized this a little more or even had before and after shots I would be eternally grateful. Since this literally replaces armors it would be nice if we could keep the ones we like and replace the ones we don't. I suppose I could always google the armors themselves for reference but even then there's a mess of files and I don't know where to begin. Simple folders would allow us to just paste an armor we dont want into the modded folder then delete it. I know it ain't easy but it would improve the usability of this mod tenfold.

I'm sure if you set up paypal donations me and others would be more than willing to donate on that development.

PS - I noticed some armors that aren't completely changed have some sorta rough looking editing. For example the default Tamer outfit has kind of a jagged cut-out between the top and the skirt. Is this intentional? I'm assuming it's supposed to look battleworn?

Thanks for your mod and thanks for reading.

I freely admit that part of the reason I've not spent the time to provide a "catalog" for my mods is because it's a pain in the bum.
However, I think there's a lot people don't get about modding BDO and the bottom line is it's simply not as easy as just making a list of what files belong to each armor or costume.
Firstly for the texture files themselves there are varying numbers of files for each costume and some of the files overlap between different classes and some of them even do different things to a costume depending on the class. So there's a lot more work to making a separate list for every mod than you'd first think.
Secondly there are mods done to the file that tells the game what parts of the body to clip for each armor and costume, so a separate script would have to be included in the "catalog" for every single armor and costume across every class.
Thirdly there are mods done to the file that tells the game which armor or costume to display depending what I've swapped out, so once again separate scripts would have to be included in the "catalog" for each one.
The final "catalog" would read like War & Peace and most people would take one look at it and say "WTF, no thanks".
So instead of all that hassle, I've created and offered a "whole World" experience for people to use if they wish to, which doesn't require any further thought or action, it's just there to enjoy once installed.
More adventurous people are free to change whatever they want in my pack, there are topics on this forum which explain how to do everything.
Most people don't bother to make mods themselves because it takes awhile to understand how to do it, but more importantly it's a lot of work, some mods take many hours to make.
Believe it or not, I actually still want some time to play the game as well, not create "catalogs" for people who want to dissect my work.

Anyways, to make life easier for people wanting to know what's what in my pack, the images follow the exact same order as they do on the character creation screen when you are on the clothing tab. So the first one is usually an example of a cash shop costume, then there will be starter armor and so on.
"Before" images are all provided on Black Desert - How to Swap Armors Costumes and Weapons so it's easy to have that open the same time as my topic and then you can see what's been changed in my pack.

About the rough edges that appear on some mods, those are often the result of clipping that I can't control (some of it I can, but not all of it). Sometimes I can smooth them out, other times trying to results in making it look worse rather than better. Modding is a mixture of art and voodoo, not everything works as well as I'd like, but I try my best :)

Se7enex

Potential Patron
IAnyways, to make life easier for people wanting to know what's what in my pack, the images follow the exact same order as they do on the character creation screen when you are on the clothing tab. So the first one is usually an example of a cash shop costume, then there will be starter armor and so on.
"Before" images are all provided on Black Desert - How to Swap Armors Costumes and Weapons so it's easy to have that open the same time as my topic and then you can see what's been changed in my pack.

About the rough edges that appear on some mods, those are often the result of clipping that I can't control (some of it I can, but not all of it). Sometimes I can smooth them out, other times trying to results in making it look worse rather than better. Modding is a mixture of art and voodoo, not everything works as well as I'd like, but I try my best :)

Yeah, I kinda figured the replacement method was more complicated than just a couple DDS files. Ah well, this mod is still awesome, keep up the good work female.

Last edited:

RaZZZa

Potential Patron
Very nice mod nicky i installed it and i like what you did with most of the costumes :).
I saw one thing though a few sorcs i saw standing around looked weird but i checked all the outfits in the character creation and it looked fine.
Take a look here:
crgriaal.jpg

I dont know what armor set it is but.. well there it is.
Any idea what could cause the problem?

Edit: + my heels keep dissapearing.. im confused

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Very nice mod nicky i installed it and i like what you did with most of the costumes :).
I saw one thing though a few sorcs i saw standing around looked weird but i checked all the outfits in the character creation and it looked fine.
Take a look here:
crgriaal.jpg

I dont know what armor set it is but.. well there it is.
Any idea what could cause the problem?

Edit: + my heels keep dissapearing.. im confused

Whilst I've tried to get hold of texture files for every amor type I can see, there's bound to be some I haven't found yet.
That one might be boss armor, I'm not really sure.
What I can tell you is the mess you're seeing there is caused by clipping, a side-effect of providing the character with a full basebody skin texture where the game normally has nothing under the clothing.
In my mods pack, where I've found armors or costumes that clip really badly I've swapped them out for something else.
In this case, although it's a mess there, it actually looks like I could do some modding to it.
However, first I have to find out what it is and get hold of the script codes so I can capture the texture files and work on them.

As for your disappearing heels, I can't take any credit for that, none of my mods include removing footwear, though some have been swapped.

RaZZZa

Potential Patron
Ah okay got it thanks :)

Sorry to bother you again but i have another question:

I want to have Lumik Heels on some other costumes and i looked into the XML file and wanted to change the line for it but i dont know what exactly i have to type in for it to change to Lumik Heels.
This is what i wrote and it doesnt work

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/12_FOOT/PHW_00_FOOT_0001.PAC</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/12_FOOT/2_PHW_02_FOOT_0002.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

Obviously the "Model Index_"U"" Line is wrong with the wrong terms and i thought "she changed alot of costumes with these heels, she must know how to do it" and here i am asking you :)
Would you please be so kind and tell me what i have to write to change a shoe to the Lumik heels? would be very aprechiated.

If you dont know what i mean feel free to ask me again and to clean things up.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Ah okay got it thanks :)

Sorry to bother you again but i have another question:

I want to have Lumik Heels on some other costumes and i looked into the XML file and wanted to change the line for it but i dont know what exactly i have to type in for it to change to Lumik Heels.
This is what i wrote and it doesnt work

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/12_FOOT/PHW_00_FOOT_0001.PAC</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/12_FOOT/2_PHW_02_FOOT_0002.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

Obviously the "Model Index_"U"" Line is wrong with the wrong terms and i thought "she changed alot of costumes with these heels, she must know how to do it" and here i am asking you :)
Would you please be so kind and tell me what i have to write to change a shoe to the Lumik heels? would be very aprechiated.

If you dont know what i mean feel free to ask me again and to clean things up.

I see two script errors there, in your example it should read:
<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/2_PHW/Armor/12_Foot/PHW_00_Foot_0001.pac</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_PC/2_PHW/Armor/12_Foot/PHW_00_Foot_0002.pac</Model>
</Conditional>

I've highlighted the errors in the quote from you in case you can't immediately see the differences.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
And you can see what kind of clothes?
https://i.imgur.com/1q1YiHZ.jpg
I just somehow to magichka it can not find, and I would like to replace agerian this outfit

That is the Witch version of the Pirate outfit (Lahr Arcien), but the one with the dark-red colours not the one with the dark-brown colours.
It looks different to the Lahr Arcien for other classes and the mod I made removes much more of the clothing for the Witch than for other classes.

Yuki Raven

Potential Patron
That is the Witch version of the Pirate outfit (Lahr Arcien), but the one with the dark-red colours not the one with the dark-brown colours.
It looks different to the Lahr Arcien for other classes and the mod I made removes much more of the clothing for the Witch than for other classes.
hey Nicky any chance u have the original unmoded files for the pirate costume for witch because I really like the look of it how it is normaly but for some reason the front of the lace on the bodice is cliping through my witches breasts? one other question is that is there a way to make the low durability version of it like the sorc where part of the breasts are visable? sorry for the selfish questions and I hope u can help ^_^ regards Yuki
ps u responded to me last week on page 51 I think of amour and weapon swap that has a picture of what im talking about, I tried what u suggested then but I didn't have any of the files in my resorep modded folder

RaZZZa

Potential Patron
I see two script errors there, in your example it should read:
<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/2_PHW/Armor/12_Foot/PHW_00_Foot_0001.pac</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_PC/2_PHW/Armor/12_Foot/PHW_00_Foot_0002.pac</Model>
</Conditional>

I've highlighted the errors in the quote from you in case you can't immediately see the differences.
Thank you so much, it worked like a charm :D

Very do apprechiate it <3

Edit:
Okay so i encounter another problem and kindly ask for your advice again.
I want to keep some of the nicer looking cash shop outfits and tried to delete the lines from the multiplemodeldesc.xml but they stay nude/like is was before.
For example i have your transparent Kibelius set in my resorep folder and want to have the transparent effect and not full on nude or stripped or whatever but it looks like this when i delete these lines from the xml file:

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_PC/1_PHM/Nude/PHM_ALPHA.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034_01.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

ry7ohm36.jpg

What am i doing wrong here? the xml file does not contain any more " _00_UB_0034.PAC" lines and it still shows the nudeish model. I read the thread blackfire did and understand it like when i erase the lines it doesnt use them and so it should be like i wanted it to be, the transparent Kilberus set but it doesnt.

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator

Edit:
I want to keep some of the nicer looking cash shop outfits and tried to delete the lines from the multiplemodeldesc.xml but they stay nude/like is was before.
For example i have your transparent Kibelius set in my resorep folder and want to have the transparent effect and not full on nude or stripped or whatever but it looks like this when i delete these lines from the xml file:

<Conditional Code="U">
</Conditional>

<Conditional Code="U">
</Conditional>

ry7ohm36.jpg

What am i doing wrong here? the xml file does not contain any more " _00_UB_0034.PAC" lines and it still shows the nudeish model. I read the thread blackfire did and understand it like when i erase the lines it doesnt use them and so it should be like i wanted it to be, the transparent Kilberus set but it doesnt.

Unfortunately you're now outside my little world of modding. I don't use the multiplemodel file to get a nude basebody, I use texture file mods, so I've no idea what else is going on in your multiplemodel file that's forcing your character to remain nude.
If you like, you can try using my multiplemodel file which contains no scripts like this, though it changes lots of other things in line with my NickyWorld pack so it may not all be to your liking.
multiplemodeldesc.zip
If you're going to use it, back-up your existing file first so you can replace it if you want later.

Attachments

multiplemodeldesc.zip
8.5 KB · Views: 230

alcaster4242

Swell Supporter

Edit:

<Conditional Code="U">
</Conditional>

<Conditional Code="U">
</Conditional>

ry7ohm36.jpg

The code you wrote in your game.
<Conditional Code="U">
</Conditional>

Green text are tags, to tell the game what you want to do.
Blue text are declaring what outfit you want to work on.
Pink text is telling the game what state the outfit you want.
Yellow text is for sorceress.
Cyan text is for warriors.

This is what you told the game to do base on the color code text above.
On Kibelius armor for Sorceress, when I have armor on, show me as nude with no warrior armor. When my Kibelius armor is damage, I don't know what to do (probably defaults undamaged).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What you need to change to:
<Conditional Code="UD">
<Model Index="--">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
<Model Index="U-">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
<Model Index="-D">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034_dm.pac</Model>
<Model Index="UD">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

Last edited:

RaZZZa

Potential Patron
Thank you very much Nicky and alcaster i finally got what i wanted to do :D

Will post my XML file in blackfires thread because someone was there too who wanted it like i did that normal armor was removed and shoes where added to not look too silly standing on their toes.

IDLtGW

Potential Patron
Hello,
First of all thanks a lot for this mod. You have done a terrific job!
I just wanted to ask how can I have the Sorceress' default clothes not changed? When I installed this mod my character went from Agerian to a pirate outfit (I don't know if the default of other classes is also changed). I felt a little bad because I would love to pay for an outfit before using it. For this matter, how can I have the default clothes be the default ones and not a swapped texture? This mod will definitely motivate me to buy an outfit in order to change my Sorceress default clothes haha!
Another question, do you think modding the textures like this could get me banned? I mean, it's not like we are hacking the game to gain an advantage or anything like that.
Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hello,
First of all thanks a lot for this mod. You have done a terrific job!
I just wanted to ask how can I have the Sorceress' default clothes not changed? When I installed this mod my character went from Agerian to a pirate outfit (I don't know if the default of other classes is also changed). I felt a little bad because I would love to pay for an outfit before using it. For this matter, how can I have the default clothes be the default ones and not a swapped texture? This mod will definitely motivate me to buy an outfit in order to change my Sorceress default clothes haha!
Another question, do you think modding the textures like this could get me banned? I mean, it's not like we are hacking the game to gain an advantage or anything like that.
Thanks again, keep up the good work!

The reason that so many of the original armors have been swapped out for costumes in my mods pack is due to the modding method I use.
In order to make sexy things for your characters to wear it's necessary to replace a lot of skin texture which would normally be clipped away.
Unfortunately many of the armors were not created to fit properly over a full skin-covered basebody, so it results in skin poking through the material.
This happens to a small extent or sometimes a very large extent with many of the armors, ruining how they look.
Some of them can be modded so they still look ok whilst many others are no good at all, so the only good solution is to swap them out for costumes that don't have the same issues.
That's why, for example, your Agerian armor now looks like the Pirate outfit from the cash shop, except of course my version is modded to look more sexy.
Whilst it would be totally possible to swap back the original Agerian armor, it looks terrible with parts of the skin texture poking through, so I really wouldn't recommend doing it.
Please understand though that my mods pack isn't created so that people don't use the in-game cash shop, I'm a firm supporter of it myself and have so far bought 4 full costume sets despite being able to use them without buying them if I wanted to.
My aim is to provide a BDO world where the female characters looks much more sexy, and to achieve that I've needed to ditch many of the standard armors.
So I would encourage you to still buy the outfit that you like, afterall you may not wear Agerian armor on that character forever.
As for using mods and getting banned, so far we don't know of that happening to anyone. The changes you see only happen on your computer screen and affect nothing in the game servers nor do they give you any advantage over other players, so from that point of view we're not breaking the Terms of Service of the game.
However, you understand that you use the mods at your own risk and we strongly recommend never posting about mods on the official forums and not posting any screenshots anywhere other than in topics on this forum.
As an extra precaution, it's better not to use the in-game screenshot button, instead use something like FRAPS to grab screenshots.

IDLtGW

Potential Patron
Ah, I understand so much better now, thank you for the detailed explanation! I did notice that the Kyrill Outfit Set for Sorceress has the skin poking through the material. I'm assuming you can't correct that one, which is a bit unfortunate. If you can get that Kyrill to work properly though... ^_^

So just to confirm, if I were to buy let's say the Cavaro Outfit Set, then I would still get your modded version correct? But in this case it would be the cosmetic item and not a swapped one, right? I mean, I would be able to see it in the outfit panel of the inventory tab.

I agree about not breaking the ToS, and don't worry I am not that silly to go posting around.

As for screenshots, I use Dxtory which is a program similar to FRAPS.

I really like your version of the Cavaro Outfit Set ^_^, I think I will go with that one.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Ah, I understand so much better now, thank you for the detailed explanation! I did notice that the Kyrill Outfit Set for Sorceress has the skin poking through the material. I'm assuming you can't correct that one, which is a bit unfortunate. If you can get that Kyrill to work properly though... ^_^

So just to confirm, if I were to buy let's say the Cavaro Outfit Set, then I would still get your modded version correct? But in this case it would be the cosmetic item and not a swapped one, right? I mean, I would be able to see it in the outfit panel of the inventory tab.

I agree about not breaking the ToS, and don't worry I am not that silly to go posting around.

As for screenshots, I use Dxtory which is a program similar to FRAPS.

I really like your version of the Cavaro Outfit Set ^_^, I think I will go with that one.

A small update to my mods pack is on its' way which will sort out the problem with the Kyrill costume, but I want to see if I can do a useful mod to it before I upload the update.
However, I do have the updated XML file which fixes the ripped up pants.
partcutdesc.7z
Just unpack that file to your "...\Black Desert Online\character" folder, overwriting the old one.
And yes, if you're using my mods pack and buy the Cavaro Outfit from the cash shop, whenever you wear it you'll see my modded version.

Attachments

partcutdesc.7z
3.3 KB · Views: 197

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.