NickyWorld BDO costume & armor mods (1 Viewer)

daedali

Potential Patron
after installing game crashes, heres the error message at the very bottom of the logs
(i didnt even know this game had logs lol)
^ 2016-08-08 20:11:29 2024-00-3 eErrNoErrorHappen (3749371554) Error!=>[c:/program files (x86)/black desert online/Character/PartCombinationDesc.xml]? ???? ????

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
after installing game crashes, heres the error message at the very bottom of the logs
(i didnt even know this game had logs lol)
^ 2016-08-08 20:11:29 2024-00-3 eErrNoErrorHappen (3749371554) Error!=>[c:/program files (x86)/black desert online/Character/PartCombinationDesc.xml]? ???? ????

I'm guessing you're using my mods pack with BlackFire's Meta Injector.
There's good news and bad news.
The bad news is Daum has written code into the game preventing us from using the XML files that allow armor swapping, hence the error message you've seen which happens because the game can't use my modified PartCombinationDesc.xml file anymore.
This means that armor swapping is no longer an option in the game which sadly ruins a lot of my work replacing badly clipping costumes/armors with others that also look good when modded.
The good news is that Meta Injector still works, so the modded costumes themselves still work in the game providing you don't also ask it to try and use the modified XML files to swap armors (this means out of the three XMLs supplied in my mods pack, you must not use MultipleModelDesc and PartCombinationDesc anymore).
That limits mods you can use yourself to costumes and armors you actually own, but you'll also see all the mods on anyone else in game who happens to be wearing them.
The downside is the armors that suffered with clipping will be there instead of better swap-outs, so the overall effect is not as nice in the game as it was before.
So if you uninstall Meta Injector (just follow BlackFire's instructions) to get the game running cleanly (worst case you might have to get the game to check files to make sure it runs properly), then you can re-install it but leaving out those two XML files from the "files_to_patch" folder, after that it should work again but with the limitations I've just explained.
If you haven't got the updated filenames for my modded textures, look on the previous page of this topic where you can get a download which covers most of them.

daedali

Potential Patron
The bad news is Daum has written code into the game preventing us from using the XML files that allow armor swapping, hence the error message you've seen which happens because the game can't use my modified PartCombinationDesc.xml file anymore.
This means that armor swapping is no longer an option in the game which sadly ruins a lot of my work replacing badly clipping costumes/armors with others that also look good when modded.
The good news is that Meta Injector still works, so the modded costumes themselves still work in the game providing you don't also ask it to try and use the modified XML files to swap armors (this means out of the three XMLs supplied in my mods pack, you must not use MultipleModelDesc and PartCombinationDesc anymore).
That limits mods you can use yourself to costumes and armors you actually own, but you'll also see all the mods on anyone else in game who happens to be wearing them.
The downside is the armors that suffered with clipping will be there instead of better swap-outs, so the overall effect is not as nice in the game as it was before.
So if you uninstall Meta Injector (just follow BlackFire's instructions) to get the game running cleanly (worst case you might have to get the game to check files to make sure it runs properly), then you can re-install it but leaving out those two XML files from the "files_to_patch" folder, after that it should work again but with the limitations I've just explained.
If you haven't got the updated filenames for my modded textures, look on the previous page of this topic where you can get a download which covers most of them.

i dont have meta injector, and im not so sure on how to get my black desert client to repair itself without waiting for an update

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
i dont have meta injector, and im not so sure on how to get my black desert client to repair itself without waiting for an update
Using BlackFireBR's Meta Injector is currently the only way we have to display texture mods in-game, you can check his topics on this forum to get the latest version.
To learn how to run a file check on the game, look on the Support Section of the official website where it explains what you need to do.

daedali

Potential Patron
Using BlackFireBR's Meta Injector is currently the only way we have to display texture mods in-game, you can check his topics on this forum to get the latest version.
To learn how to run a file check on the game, look on the Support Section of the official website where it explains what you need to do.
got meta injector tried to use it even more crashing ensued, just gonna repair :/

BlackFireBR

Content Creator

got meta injector tried to use it even more crashing ensued, just gonna repair :/
To force re-checking your files, delete your version.dat in your Black Desert Online root folder.
If you are trying to use the Meta Injector in the RU version, it won't work. If you are trying to patch for multiplemodeldesc.xml or partcombinationdesc.xml, it won't work either. Other than that, it should work just fine.

daedali

Potential Patron
To force re-checking your files, delete your version.dat in your Black Desert Online root folder.
If you are trying to use the Meta Injector in the RU version, it won't work. If you are trying to patch for multiplemodeldesc.xml or partcombinationdesc.xml, it won't work either. Other than that, it should work just fine.

you can also rename the file to repair.
the only mods that still work for me is the bigger boob mod, i guess an update killed everything else.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
tried that, game doesnt crash anymore but nothing works.
  • Make sure you have all the texture files in "Black Desert Online/character/texture" after you run the injector. And also, make sure the texture names are the original ones (examples: pew_02_ub_0001.dds not the random numbers) and that you have the costume you are trying to modify, of course.

daedali

Potential Patron

alright so i retried everything, game works but nothing from this mod has been added
i used the download the other guy put up but i didnt use multiplemodeldesc and partcombinationdesc like you said, is that the problem?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
alright so i retried everything, game works but nothing from this mod has been added
i used the download the other guy put up but i didnt use multiplemodeldesc and partcombinationdesc like you said, is that the problem?

You should immediately be able to tell if modded files are working or not, for example with underwear removed or by going in the cash shop and trying on some costumes.
Because armor swaps are no longer possible you're not going to see the mods everywhere like before, only on those players wearing the right costumes/armors.
If you're not seeing anything at all then you've done the loading process wrong with Meta Injector.

daedali

Potential Patron
You should immediately be able to tell if modded files are working or not, for example with underwear removed or by going in the cash shop and trying on some costumes.
Because armor swaps are no longer possible you're not going to see the mods everywhere like before, only on those players wearing the right costumes/armors.
If you're not seeing anything at all then you've done the loading process wrong with Meta Injector.
only mod that isn't working is this one so im not sure what im doing wrong :/

YokitoToyama

Potential Patron
- I need help with how to get RayWing tool to work and replaces all NickyWorld mod names from numbers to their original name. Please explain.
9d9QjRm.png

So after I downloaded the mods from NickyWorld (NickyWorld BDO costume & armor mods), all the files are in numbers format as said. There was instruction to import them back to the game but was unclear and I couldn't understand.

- From what I know, Meta Injector is used to import the mods and patch them back to the game but will only load files with original name like: "pew_00_hand_0030", instead of "1397177222" in NickyWorld's mod folder.

- The solution is easy (just change the name and let Meta Injector do the rest) but with 307 files from NickyWorld it is hard to change all of them let alone search for the one you need and rename it.

Yobfxp7.png

- Name replacement tool by RayWing (Black Desert Online armor/costume mods) can be use to change all the files name to their original name, but the instruction on how to use it is unclear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.