NickyWorld BDO costume & armor mods (1 Viewer)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Does this only apply to your character or does it change appearances of other characters you see in game too? I installed everything but only seeing costumes on my character and none of the other characters in game.

also seeing underwear on other characters but my own.

That's because of your in-game texture settings. It sounds like you have it set to Medium which means hi-res textures are only displayed on your own character
Most of my mods are done on hi-res textures, although some have been done as both hi-res and medium-res.
If you change your game setting to High then you'll see the mods on everyone.

Daedalus

Content Creator
These look awesome. But could you group the DDS files per outfit and per class in the zipfile? So we can immediately choose what outfit to use when it's unpacked.
Something like:

Ranger (folder):
outfit 1 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 2 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 3 (folder)
DDS files

Sorceress (folder):
outfit 1 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 2 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 3 (folder)
DDS files

Maehwa (folder):
outfit 1 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 2 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 3 (folder)
DDS files
and so on

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
These look awesome. But could you group the DDS files per outfit and per class in the zipfile? So we can immediately choose what outfit to use when it's unpacked.
Something like:

Ranger (folder):
outfit 1 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 2 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 3 (folder)
DDS files

Sorceress (folder):
outfit 1 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 2 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 3 (folder)
DDS files

Maehwa (folder):
outfit 1 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 2 (folder)
DDS files
outfit 3 (folder)
DDS files
and so on

It's a lovely idea but it's too much work to sort it all out now sorry, there's hundreds of modded files in my pack.
I never intended it to be a "pick-and-choose" thing, though of course everyone can do what they want with it :)

Niq

Potential Patron
thanks for the reply Nicky, that was exactly the problem, now my problem is when I set my texture quality to high my graphics are loading insanely slow and my entire computer is completely bogged down and loads everything I do verrrry slowly in and out of BDO. When I first started playing I ran with both graphics/texture settings on high, I had some lag issues coming into town and whatnot nothing too crazy but annoying enough, so I went down to medium on both settings and have had 0 lag problems, now it's EXTREME on low graphics/high texture settings - could this be just from the armor mods?

EDIT: I even disconnect from the server trying to load in sometimes, which I never used to do either.

EDIT 2: Okay, it seems to have gotten worse, I can't even load into the game hardly every now, and when it do the lag is unreal the game is literally unplayable. I am running the game in optimization mode now with high textures. Most of the time when I get to character selection screen it takes forever to even load my characters to display, then when I click connect 9/10 times i just load for 5min then get d/ced from server back to main menu.

also wanted to drop my PC specs into the post, they aren't great but I don't feel like I should be laggin this much especially since I was able to run the game half decently on max settings before now it won't even run on lowest settings. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti with an intel core i5-3570k cup 3.40GHz and 8GB of RAM

Last edited:

Nharea

Vivacious Visitor
Are you by any chance using resorep ? If so, make sure that you unchecked the box to save textures. I know my game gets unplayable when I'm recording textures because I forget to uncheck that

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
thanks for the reply Nicky, that was exactly the problem, now my problem is when I set my texture quality to high my graphics are loading insanely slow and my entire computer is completely bogged down and loads everything I do verrrry slowly in and out of BDO. When I first started playing I ran with both graphics/texture settings on high, I had some lag issues coming into town and whatnot nothing too crazy but annoying enough, so I went down to medium on both settings and have had 0 lag problems, now it's EXTREME on low graphics/high texture settings - could this be just from the armor mods?

EDIT: I even disconnect from the server trying to load in sometimes, which I never used to do either.

EDIT 2: Okay, it seems to have gotten worse, I can't even load into the game hardly every now, and when it do the lag is unreal the game is literally unplayable. I am running the game in optimization mode now with high textures. Most of the time when I get to character selection screen it takes forever to even load my characters to display, then when I click connect 9/10 times i just load for 5min then get d/ced from server back to main menu.

also wanted to drop my PC specs into the post, they aren't great but I don't feel like I should be laggin this much especially since I was able to run the game half decently on max settings before now it won't even run on lowest settings. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti with an intel core i5-3570k cup 3.40GHz and 8GB of RAM

Nharea has the most likely explanation for your problem, certainly if you've accidentally got Resorep permanently recording textures that's going to cause issues.
Resorep doesn't even need to be running when playing the game, once it's set up it does its' job without needing to be loaded each time.
However you do need to ensure the check box for recording textures is unticked, then also open the file location specified right beside the checkbox and delete everything in there. If you've been continuously recording textures it's going to be packed full of files.
The mods themselves won't be causing any problems leading to slowing down your PC.
All that's happening there is Resorep continuously watches textures getting called into your GFX card for displaying on your screen, and when it finds a file match for something in your "modded" folder, it simply displays that file instead of the one from the game folder.
Likewise the modding method you use is simply telling the game to use three modified XML files instead of the ones from the game folder, so those won't cause any performance problems UNLESS you've been modding any of those files yourself and have scripting errors.
The advantage of using the XML files in my pack is you know they're working, because blondie here has already found out if she messed up the scripting before uploading the mods pack ;)
Your PC sounds like it should cope with High texture settings most of the time at 1080p resolution, though not any higher, and possibly you'll drop some frame rates in crowded areas.
I've been capturing texture files at both Hi-res and Medium-res for my latest mods and saving the changes I make to both sets of textures, so more recent work actually will show on all players even at an in-game Medium texture setting.
I'm going to work back over all the other mods I've done to also provide Medium-res versions in my pack, that way people who need to run at lower than maximum settings can still us the mods.

mastah_003

Potential Patron
What's this costume called?

Attachments

• EmclSuj.jpg
    EmclSuj.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 355

astalar

Potential Patron
Greetings, Nicky.
Can you make upper part of this costume (base version) semi-transparent (as the lower one) for use with texture replace method?

d059zgX.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Niq

Potential Patron
I had almost 5gb worth of saved textures in the specified folder from resorep, i did have the box checked saving textures this whole time :(

Thanks again for your reply Nicky and also Nharea that was 100% my problem, I appreciate the responses :)

Also I love these mods so much thanks for everything you've done Nicky

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Greetings, Nicky.
Can you make upper part of this costume (base version) semi-transparent (as the lower one) for use with texture replace method?

d059zgX.jpg

Thanks in advance.

That's something I'd love to be able to do, but so far everything I've tried to make it happen doesn't work. I either get invisible material (in other words she's topless) or non-transparent, I can't find a way to "copy" the transparent look from her pants onto the top that actually works.

astalar

Potential Patron
That's something I'd love to be able to do, but so far everything I've tried to make it happen doesn't work. I either get invisible material (in other words she's topless) or non-transparent, I can't find a way to "copy" the transparent look from her pants onto the top that actually works.
As far as I know, DXT1 doesn't support transparency in contradistinction to DXT5. So, upper part of this costume is in DXT1 format, whereas lower part is in DXT5.

Daedalus

Content Creator
It's a lovely idea but it's too much work to sort it all out now sorry, there's hundreds of modded files in my pack.
I never intended it to be a "pick-and-choose" thing, though of course everyone can do what they want with it :)

I'd love a pick-and-choose thing. No doubt you've got multiple outfits per class. And I'm not asking you to do this overnight. Take your time.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
The Plum Red Moon costume is made up of:
114156877.dds
3348324713.dds
491043312.dds
245397449.dds
2455192927.dds
2518989139.dds

lusnihsoh

Potential Patron
Thank you for the quick reply :D!
But it seems I don't have the 3348324713.dds file. I checked in your most recent release and nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.