Most efficient way to bulk load Mineur's entire char. archive into sby loader 7? (1 Viewer)

kancaplenton33

Potential Patron
(I suspect that this question may roll some eyes, but I've looked at tutorials and have tried my best to figure this out on my own - so apologies if I've missed a crucial detail that's already posted somewhere)

I'm using sby loader pack 7, and am trying to load a good number (eventually all) characters from the character archive that Mineur has kindly posted for us on this website. The archive I'm referring to is the one from Mega, found on the top of this page:

Mineur's Imports - New Poll and First3! Update: Horizon, Symonne & Arisu Himeno!

I get the feeling that I may be adding the characters incorrectly (or at least inefficiently). Here's the way I'm currently doing it:

1. I browse Mineur's archive folder and find a hairstyle or character that I like.

2. I grab the corresponding character hair from said archive, and put it in the hair folder located in the Moreclothingmod folder.

3. I edit the Moreclothingmod settings to include the new hair.

4. I go to the Mods folder and create a custom character folder for the new character. I drop in a thumbnail from Mineur's thread and create a Code.txt.

5. I paste the corresponding character code from the thread into Code.txt. I then manually change the code's hair from sdchan to the new hair.

6. I continue in this fashion for a few more characters, then click Mods Folder.jar and check the program to make sure they run.

7. Rinse and repeat until I get bored.

I get the feeling that this method is inefficient (particularly for bulk imports), and would like to verify whether or not this is actually the case. So for the experienced users out there: Is my method similar to how you'd add the characters, or were your eyes bulging at how much time it was wasting compared to how you would do it? Please let me know!

Also - if my method IS inefficient, I'd appreciate if you were to list the steps you would personally take to bulk add all of these characters into sby's Loader.

Thank you!

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I'm on a Mac and am running Flash Player version 11.0.1.152.

Last edited:

Sharklasers

Content Creator
You can just put a hair into the character folder and name it Hair.png, and it'll load by itself. If you do it that way, you won't have to manually edit the moreclothingmod settings or the character code.

(But I think the real way to improve your efficiency is to narrow down your preferences a little bit.)

kancaplenton33

Potential Patron
You can just put a hair into the character folder and name it Hair.png, and it'll load by itself. If you do it that way, you won't have to manually edit the moreclothingmod settings or the character code.

Aha! Cutting out those steps definitely makes things easier, thanks. I thought I wouldn't be able to reuse the hair if I had them in separate character folders, but I appear to be mistaken.

(But I think the real way to improve your efficiency is to narrow down your preferences a little bit.)

I'm a hoarder so it's an unfortunate habit of mine. :)

If anyone else has any time-saving suggestions for my method please let me know!

kancaplenton33

Potential Patron
yeah, i would not suggest pre loading that many hairs into moreclothing xD

Thanks for the reply! It's good to know that even experienced users would find that many to be a chore, which means that how I'm doing it now isn't too far off the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.