Modifying .mod Files (1 Viewer)

klendathu

Potential Patron
So I downloaded Faceless' zero suit and they all look beautiful, but for some reason the mod prevents me from changing the body size and if this was intended, I don't see why. If I click the slider bar fast enough with the help of a mouse macro, it changes her size to the desired amount with no texture popups or anything bad, but as soon as I stop clicking, it will go back to the default size set by the .mod file. I have extracted the swf file from the .mod with 7zip, then opened the .swf with notepad, changing a few of her settings like body size and make up, and saving it under a different name, but then the mod will not load at all.

I really like this mod, but the inability to change her size prevents me from using it properly with my setup.

I was also wondering if there was a way to change the color of clothes in swf files that don't support the ingame RGB slider other than the hue changer mod. Like Adobe Flash CC or something.

Attachments

zerosuitotherm.mod
18.3 KB · Views: 131

stuntcock

Content Creator
then opened the .swf with notepad, changing a few of her settings ... but then the mod will not load at all.
You can't edit a SWF file with Notepad; you'll just corrupt it. If you're careful and you use an up-to-date version of JPEXS then you can usually tweak a few things without breaking the file completely.

I was also wondering if there was a way to change the color of clothes in swf files that don't support the ingame RGB slider other than the hue changer mod.
The moreClothing mod by @sby allows you to register a garment for Loader hue-shifting. This is different from RGB layer adjustment in that the change applies to the entire sprite -- if you increase the brightness then it isn't just the "fabric" which changes; the outline will also shift from black to grey. Shadows and highlights will tend to get washed out more quickly.

Like Adobe Flash CC or something.
Yes. If you're willing to decompile the SWF and then reassemble it in Flash, then you'll be able to make any color changes that you want.

In many cases, it will be faster to ask the creator for color adjustments (and/or RGB support) or to post a Revision request. If you're looking for an excuse to learn Flash then I certainly won't try to dissuade you. I will ask you to credit the original author if you choose to share your modified files. You can see a few examples of shape- and color-edits created recently by AdrianMcClean AdrianMcClean , based on the work of @dantethedarkprince and other artists. Apparently he isn't actually using Adobe Flash but has instead devised a workflow involving freeware tools and Python scripts. He may be willing to share the details if you ask politely.

If you're editing SWF files for your own personal use then there's no need to contact artists or ask permission before starting work. You're free to do so (and you may find that artists are willing to offer technical support once you've explained what you're trying to do) but it isn't actually necessary.

klendathu

Potential Patron
Wow, that's an old version. Don't use that one. Use the all-in-one version instead.

Found it! I don't know how I managed not to all this time. I looked for it for hours and I knew there was one that worked with handjob because I had it before formatting my computer. I'm talking about pre-undertow period :) Thank you for replying and again, it's beautiful!

You can't edit a SWF file with Notepad; you'll just corrupt it. If you're careful and you use an up-to-date version of JPEXS then you can usually tweak a few things without breaking the file completely.

The moreClothing mod by @sby allows you to register a garment for Loader hue-shifting. This is different from RGB layer adjustment in that the change applies to the entire sprite -- if you increase the brightness then it isn't just the "fabric" which changes; the outline will also shift from black to grey. Shadows and highlights will tend to get washed out more quickly.

Yes. If you're willing to decompile the SWF and then reassemble it in Flash, then you'll be able to make any color changes that you want.

In many cases, it will be faster to ask the creator for color adjustments (and/or RGB support) or to post a Revision request. If you're looking for an excuse to learn Flash then I certainly won't try to dissuade you. I will ask you to credit the original author if you choose to share your modified files. You can see a few examples of shape- and color-edits created recently by AdrianMcClean AdrianMcClean , based on the work of @dantethedarkprince and other artists. Apparently he isn't actually using Adobe Flash but has instead devised a workflow involving freeware tools and Python scripts. He may be willing to share the details if you ask politely.

If you're editing SWF files for your own personal use then there's no need to contact artists or ask permission before starting work. You're free to do so (and you may find that artists are willing to offer technical support once you've explained what you're trying to do) but it isn't actually necessary.

Thank you for all that info. I'll try JPEXS and see how that goes!

Sby's hue shifting mod is what I'm using right now and like you said, it tends to affect the shadows and highlights and that's why I don't mind trying a more technical approach with Flash. I've skimmed over a couple tutorials that explain how to create clothes and messed around in Flash for a bit but haven't managed to make it. I'll either get around to learning in-depth or contact AdrianMcClean AdrianMcClean .

And yes, all these modifications to the imports are for personal use but if I see a request I'll post them and credit the original author. ;)

Thank you!

AdrianMcClean

Content Creator
You can see a few examples of shape- and color-edits created recently by AdrianMcClean AdrianMcClean , based on the work of @dantethedarkprince and other artists. Apparently he isn't actually using Adobe Flash but has instead devised a workflow involving freeware tools and Python scripts. He may be willing to share the details if you ask politely.

I've cleaned up my terrible python, and published it in the downloads section. It doesn't really do much other than automate some conversions with a third-party tool, then bodge together some XML dumps of things internally. However it's good enough to inject replacement arts into most mods with some care taken with the naming.

sdtmill.py

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.