MK9 texture injector (2 Viewers)

Mharius

Content Creator
I even painted it blood red, had no effect ingame... Its the last thing that needs fixing before I can upload full nude mod ;)

Btw the NMs are different forms (like Mileena/Jade) might be a cause?

NotMe

Content Creator
I even painted it blood red, had no effect ingame... Its the last thing that needs fixing before I can upload full nude mod ;)

Btw the NMs are different forms (like Mileena/Jade) might be a cause?
Different forms? Like one being, for example, 2048x1024 and the other 1024x2048? That shouldn't be a problem.

NotMe

Content Creator
Hopefully you can find the problem soon, or worst case, provide two injectors. ;)
v1.2 in the first post. Jade's NormHQA is tested and working.
The fix applied should also fix any other texture being imported incorrectly.

Rich246

Potential Patron
Hornbuckle anyone?

65onGZj.jpg
Imm1KLj.jpg

It's for Liu Kangs alt.

Mediafire:
CHAR_LiuKang_B.xxx

EDIT: I added a rar file too, in case that is preferred.

Attachments

CHAR_LiuKang_B.rar
10.7 MB · Views: 161

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Brink

One step at a time :3
View attachment 13030
This was injected manually. Now I have to code it.

PS: Does anyone have any idea how transparency works in this game? Modifying the diffuse's alpha appears to have no effect.

- - - Updated - - -

File injector v1 done! Check the first post.

View attachment 13032

Thanks for the awesome tool RogueDemon! BTW, have you gotten any further in how transparencies work? I am interested in finding out too. One thing that is very unique is that Nightwolf's default P2 oufit has transparencies. It is actually done by black in the alpha channel of the diff. This doesn't work on any other character though. It makes me believe there is another bit outside the texture that turns on/off trans for certain textures. Just a guess though and no idea where that bit would lie. I tried comparing some files but couldn't find anything.

Just to be clear, you can put any texture in the diff for Nightwolf's P2 and get a transparency for black in the alpha and then use the same texture for any other character and get nothing so this rules out anything in the actual texture determining the trasparency setting, except that it needs black.

NotMe

Content Creator
Thanks for the awesome tool RogueDemon! BTW, have you gotten any further in how transparencies work? I am interested in finding out too. One thing that is very unique is that Nightwolf's default P2 oufit has transparencies. It is actually done by black in the alpha channel of the diff. This doesn't work on any other character though. It makes me believe there is another bit outside the texture that turns on/off trans for certain textures. Just a guess though and no idea where that bit would lie. I tried comparing some files but couldn't find anything.

Just to be clear, you can put any texture in the diff for Nightwolf's P2 and get a transparency for black in the alpha and then use the same texture for any other character and get nothing so this rules out anything in the actual texture determining the trasparency setting, except that it needs black.
I haven't tried to figure it out yet. I knew about Nightwolf and that transparency needs to be enabled somehow but I don't know how.

Rich246

Potential Patron
This is kind of off topic, but does anyone know if it's possible to add outfits to fighters that don't have a second costume, like Rain or Freddy, I want to make UMK3 Rain, but I don't want to replace his primary outfit.

Mharius

Content Creator
Transparency has nothing to do with the texture, it's defined inside the model files.
Might be possible for someone to compare nightwolf model files with another character and find it out, though probably too easy to find.

L

Leigiboy

This is kind of off topic, but does anyone know if it's possible to add outfits to fighters that don't have a second costume, like Rain or Freddy, I want to make UMK3 Rain, but I don't want to replace his primary outfit.
Aparently you can, if you take any chracter .xxx file copyed and a renamed with a diferent letter you can press start on the character select scrren and the costome menu will appear.
For example take CHAR_Noob.XXX copy it and renamed as CHAR_Noob_C.XXX

looks like for the ninjas
B stand for alternative
C stand for MK1
D stand for MK2
E stand for MK3

for the cyborgs is C = MK3

The problem is when you choose this costumes the game crashes, my guees is that you have to change the internal name of the files to work so we have to wait to a .xxx repacker (there is one but for the ps3 version)

see even when you rename CHAR_Scorpion_C.XXX(MK1 scorpion) to CHAR_Scorpion_D.XXX if you extract the files inside the .xxx they still have names like RetroNinja_Male_MK1_IKSockets.Package or RetroNinja_Male_MK1_Diff.Texture2D

BTW Really cool tool Roquemon works like a charm

Clipboard03.jpg

The only texture i couldn't change was Jax flag from his victory pose, although the injector succeed in replace the texture the game ends crashing

Eddyboy

Content Creator
So, how do you actually open those texture2d files?
Apparently, my reading skills aren't as good as I thought they are, and after 25 minutes of trying to figure it our I might as well ask for help here.

NotMe

Content Creator
So, how do you actually open those texture2d files?
Apparently, my reading skills aren't as good as I thought they are, and after 25 minutes of trying to figure it our I might as well ask for help here.
With this tool UE Viewer | Gildor's Homepage
run it through the command line like this:
umodel -noanim -dds "file"
Replace "file" with the name of the .xxx package.
A window will appear, use the pageup and pagedown buttons to browse through the contents of the .xxx. When you find a texture you want to extract press CTRL-X and it'll create a folder with the texture inside.

lustrianna22

Potential Patron
Hello, I think this injector looks incredible, only problem is, i cant get it to work... I have followed directions to a T, and yet when i run the run.batch file nothing happens except a quick cmd box that appears for a split second then goes away? what am i doing wrong? here are screenshots. .xxx file is decompressed, .dds file is saved properly with mipmaps, and the 2 texture files are even the same size. Can anyone help?

Then this is what a get from about half a second when i click bat file.

Hey! I fixed the problem, turns out i didnt have java installed. :P

- - - Updated - - -

So Ive noticed a few posts around about swapping meshes using a hex editor and umodel. Ive edited Sonyas second outfit so her tanktop is deep charcoal in color instead of white so it matches the rest of her outfit, now im wanting to swap the secondary outift's capped/sunglassed head for her original outfits head mesh thats plain with just a ponytail. Anyone know how i would go about doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:

NotMe

Content Creator
So Ive noticed a few posts around about swapping meshes using a hex editor and umodel. Ive edited Sonyas second outfit so her tanktop is deep charcoal in color instead of white so it matches the rest of her outfit, now im wanting to swap the secondary outift's capped/sunglassed head for her original outfits head mesh thats plain with just a ponytail. Anyone know how i would go about doing this?
I don't know but I had planned to look into it today.

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Thanks, got to the textures and started editing them, then wanted to inject.

Apparently I'm a total Idiot. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• mestupid.jpg
    mestupid.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 164

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Oh, extracted .xxx does not mean decompressed .xxx!
Duh.
decompress.exe and extract.exe both get killed by my anti-virus software doe to allegedly being trojans. Anyone else having the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.