Making basic Isolation Mods (1 Viewer)

Perdition

Content Creator
After having a conversation with ZeroTheFinal, I thought I should make thread of that conversation to help anyone that wants to make their own basic isolation mods. If people show interest in this then I'll update this thread with more details on how to use this program.

The method I used before I began making my own mods was that I downloaded the JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler and used it to isolate certain parts from the main costumes.

q9h60Bg.jpeg

Here's an example of what a mod will look like when you open it with this program. Note that some mods have various parts put together for this or that reason, in this case there is skin with some of the pants layers, probably to cover up overlap with other layers that would look weird otherwise. If you just delete the shapes you don't want then the mod won't load them up when you use it.

Keep in mind though that some mods, specifically the character specific mods, will often times have specific variables such as breast size, skin tone, eye color, etc. So you will need to first go to the moding tab and click on Generate, then load the mod and then click Load to reset your specifications to what you had before.

HnJMdUD.jpeg

This is useful for when you have your variables already figured out or are going to load multiple mods that change these variables.

Keep in mind that a lot of mods have clothing parts put together. An example would be the Tifa costume mod where both the shirt and skirt are part of the same shape and so they can't be separated through using this program.

There IS a method I found out to perhaps separate these kinds of clothing pieces but it takes a long time and can have unintended results in some cases.

In the case of the Zombie mod I used as my example, if you right clicked shape 11 and then click on Raw Edit you would get this menu.

F6Rkhuz.jpeg

Here you could then select the specific fill colors that correlate to the skin that is part of shape 11 and make it completely transparent, this would therefore be like just removing it altogether. The problem is you'd have to do this for all the relevant colors and so it could take some time, but if someone really want a mod then they'll push through it.

Here's that same shape 11 but after me using the method I described.

i9ib1s4.jpeg

Here's a link to where you can download the program: jindrapetrik/jpexs-decompiler

Please note that none of the mods I've posted except for my first one use this method. I've been using Adobe Flash Professional for the mods I've been making since it cleans things up and makes the files nicer and less complicated. Keep in mind also that this method has limitations, it's why I started using Adobe Flash Professional when I began actually posting mods. But, as I said before, if you're determined enough to get a certain clothing element you want then this is a simple and fast method to get something.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask them, I'll answer them as I am able.

Last edited by a moderator:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i take it that jpexs can also recompile the project you edit back into a swf, or is there something more needed if using this?

Perdition

Content Creator
i take it that jpexs can also recompile the project you edit back into a swf, or is there something more needed if using this?
The file stays as a SWF file even when using this program. Its as simple as opening the SWF file with the program, making a change, and then saving the file.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
With this method, it is also possible to change the colour of a shape easily with Inkscape:
  1. Open the SWF with JPEXS Decompiler.
  2. Right-click on the desired image in the "shapes" folder.
  3. Choose "Export selection", then "SVG" (save the file on your Desktop for example).
    JPEXS 01.jpg
  4. Open your file with Inkscape (the SVG file is located in the new "shapes" folder).
  5. Select the image, break the group(s) (Ctrl+Shift+G or Object>Ungroup, several times if needed)
  6. Click outside the image to deselect the shapes, then click on the desired shape to select it.
  7. Change its colour:
    • choose a colour at the bottom of the screen
      or
    • open the "Fill and Stroke" window (Ctrl+Shift+F or Object>Fill and Stroke)
      JPEXS 02.jpg
  8. Save the SVG file (Ctrl+S or File>Save, you can use the same name as the original).
  9. Go back to JPEXS Decompiler, right click the desired shape, choose "Replace..." and load the SVG file you just edited.
    JPEXS 03.jpg
  10. "Save as" the new SWF under a new name.
    JPEXS 04.jpg

If you wish to publish this new mod publicly, you must obtain the agreement of its original author.
Unless he has clearly indicated that his mods can be freely edited, send him a private message to ask him (even if he has been away from this forum for a long time). If you don't get an answer within two weeks, feel free to proceed.

BasileusBasileios

Potential Patron
Hello there. I tried using JPEXS Decompiler there to isolate the cuffs on this mod Menace Queen's Blade Revision for personal use. However when I load it the cuffs, it takes off her bottoms and tops mods. What do I need to do exactly in order to just extract one piece off a mod without these issues?

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Try to load the SWF you modified first, I guess it is a problem with the Cutom Data.

i.e.
Keep in mind though that some mods, specifically the character specific mods, will often times have specific variables such as breast size, skin tone, eye color, etc. So you will need to first go to the moding tab and click on Generate, then load the mod and then click Load to reset your specifications to what you had before.
i.e. 2: the character mods often change many Custom Data parameters, so when one load them, it fucks up some clothes/SWFs loaded before.

By the way, when you want to make a revision of a mod (even it it is only for your own use) PM or notfity its author first (i.e. V vonhizzle ), he may do quickly what you're asking for.
Anyway, if you ask for a revision by another modder, we recommand to either have his permission or wait two weeks without answer before modifications to his mod can be done.

I'm also going to release SWFs that will allow to create most mods with only JPEXS and Inkscape/a raster graphics editor (it should be ready soon, but I've got more tests to do and I'm a bit lazy on that task at the moment...).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.