Loader is acting up (1 Viewer)

Gameboy739

Vivacious Visitor
Every time i try to save a new character, it will. But the moment i open the game up again, they are gone.
Also, i set the settings file to fix character ordering and yet the order of characters is out of wack.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
does this only happen with the loader, or any flash game data?

most likely, your internet browser settings are deleting your lso flash cache. i suggest the firefox addon betterprivacy if this is the case. i can go into further detail how i have firefox browser stuff cleared while keeping specific cookies and lso objects if that is desired

Gameboy739

Vivacious Visitor
sby said:
does this only happen with the loader, or any flash game data?

most likely, your internet browser settings are deleting your lso flash cache. i suggest the firefox addon betterprivacy if this is the case. i can go into further detail how i have firefox browser stuff cleared while keeping specific cookies and lso objects if that is desired

Right now it is only happening with the loader. It is still happening even with the add on.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Don't use a browser, use the standalone player. This is recommended. The version is up to you, I hear good things about v10.1
Don't use the built in save, this is entirely unsupported.

Gameboy739

Vivacious Visitor
MG said:
Don't use a browser, use the standalone player. This is recommended. The version is up to you, I hear good things about v10.1

That is what I was using the whole time.

Also went back to play other games, the saves for those aren't appearing as well.

Gameboy739

Vivacious Visitor
Finally managed to fix it. Apparently, something in my character folders was keeping me from saving characters (don't know what). Also, managed to find my saved games from everything else.

Everything is okay now ;D

sby

Content Creator
Coder
MG said:
playing the game in the browser or not would still cause the same effect if they use the browser for other means.

however, using the standalone flash player does allow you to easily create rules to protect your #local folder and thus protect all of your flash game data you play using the standalone flash player

if you use chrome, you should be all good and not have to worry about your data being deleted, chrome has its own storage location

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.