How to save and load .swf Characters? (1 Viewer)

Verynoobthx

Potential Patron
So I import .swf characters, they work fine, but when I save them and try to access them later, they(the charcters costume+hair) don't load correctly. I could just keep going back to importing the .swf files every time I want a certain character but thats kind of a pain in the ass and I would prefer to just be able to load a saved character. Is it possible to do so without doing the import every time?

stuntcock

Content Creator
So I import .swf characters, they work fine, but when I save them and try to access them later
The Save Character button records the "state" of all of the selectors and sliders that you see in the game's user interface. It can also record a few things that aren't shown in the menu, such as the current PNG files for hairstyle and background. But it won't automatically remember the SWF files that you've applied to the character (it tries to, but the process is somewhat error-prone and unreliable).

Is it possible to do so without doing the import every time?
Yes, it is. There are two main options:
  • instead of loading SWF files manually at runtime, you can add them to the game's "library" by including them in @sby's moreclothing mod
    • during gameplay, you can then select your custom pants, shoes, hairstyles, etc... via the normal selector buttons
    • when you click Save Character, the names of your custom elements (e.g. "Bunny Suit") will be spliced into the CharCode and written to your HDD for safekeeping
    • so long as you continue to use the moreClothing mod, you'll be able to Load that character at any point in the future. SDT will provide a name (e.g. "Bunny Suit") and moreClothing will activate the appropriate mod (e.g. BunnySuit.swf)
    • if you decide to stop using moreClothing, then custom SWF costumes (and SWF hairstyles) for your saved characters will no longer appear
  • instead of using the Save Character button, you can manually assemble a Character Folder for each girl
    • each folder will contain information about the girl (eg. breast size, skin color) and a collection of files that apply to her (background, hairstyle, clothing, dialogue, etc)
    • the process of manually assembling all of this stuff is somewhat tedious, but it's very stable and reliable once you've done the work
    • Character Folders can also include some types of files (Loader mods) which are not supported by moreClothing
    • for more information about how to setup a Character Folder, please refer to the Newbie Guide

Last edited:

Verynoobthx

Potential Patron
The Save Character button records the "state" of all of the selectors and sliders that you see in the game's user interface. It can also record a few things that aren't shown in the menu, such as the current PNG files for hairstyle and background. But it won't automatically remember the SWF files that you've applied to the character.

Yes, it is. There are two main options:
  • instead of loading SWF files manually at runtime, you can add them to the game's "library" by including them in @sby's moreclothing mod
    • during gameplay, you can then select your custom pants, shoes, hairstyles, etc... via the normal selector buttons
    • when you click Save Character, the names of your custom elements (e.g. "Bunny Suit") will be spliced into the CharCode and written to your HDD for safekeeping
    • so long as you continue to use the moreClothing mod, you'll be able to Load that character at any point in the future. SDT will provide a name (e.g. "Bunny Suit") and moreClothing will activate the appropriate mod (e.g. BunnySuit.swf)
    • if you decide to stop using moreClothing, then custom SWF costumes (and SWF hairstyles) for your saved characters will no longer appear
  • instead of using the Save Character button, you can manually assemble a Character Folder for each girl
    • each folder will contain information about the girl (eg. breast size, skin color) and a collection of files that apply to her (background, hairstyle, clothing, dialogue, etc)
    • the process of manually assembling all of this stuff is somewhat tedious, but it's very stable and reliable once you've done the work
    • Character Folders can also include some types of files (Loader mods) which are not supported by moreClothing
    • for more information about how to setup a Character Folder, please refer to the Newbie Guide

Alright thanks i was able to create some character folders to get the swf mods to load automatically. I have another question and since I dont really want to start another thread I'll just ask it here. How to I get the more complex mods to work? For example, the penisrangeV5? I tried putting it in the mods folder, put the settings text file in the settings, ect. no such luck, keeps giving me a mod failed to load message. What do I do?

stuntcock

Content Creator
How to I get the more complex mods to work? For example, the penisrangeV5?
The simplest answer is "discard your current SDT folder, and replace it with sby's Loader pack."

@sby's mods are very useful (I'd say "indispensable"), but some of them can be tricky for a newcomer to configure correctly. You joined yesterday; you probably haven't accumulated much custom stuff yet. I advise you to start over with a solid foundation of preconfigured mods. Test it out; you'll notice some unpleasant side-effects (such as "much longer startup time"). You can then tinker with the pre-installed mods and disable any of the ones that you really dislike. Once you've setup a comfortable baseline, you can accumulate your own personal collection of mods (and your own personal rosters of custom characters) on top of that.

I tried putting it in the mods folder, put the settings text file in the settings, ect. no such luck, keeps giving me a mod failed to load message. What do I do?
SDT modding is not user-friendly. Mods are very sensitive to filepath errors, and they generally won't attempt to autodetect a missing file or look for it in "nearby" locations. If a file isn't where it's supposed to be, or if a dependency is missing, then the mod will usually just refuse to load.

Therefore it's important to be descriptive and precise when asking for tech support. You say that you've put the mod into the mods folder. Maybe that's true; we might be looking at a mod intercompatibility conflict. But maybe you've put the penisrangeV5.SWF file into the wrong subfolder. Or maybe you've forgotten to register it in the Mods.txt file. Or maybe you're running the wrong Loader version. You haven't given me enough information on which to form conclusions or offer useful assistance. I don't even know whether you're trying to load the penisrange mod automatically during game startup, or whether it's been put into a character folder for manual activation during gameplay, or whether you're attempting to load it manually via the "Swf Mod..." button.

In the future, please try to provide at least two of the following in any tech-support post:
  • a screenshot of the in-game error message
    • this may seem useless, because all that we see is a one-sentence error message. But the screenshot gives us a chance to notice contextual problems. Such as "Oh, you're running the game in a web browser window. That's a bad idea."
  • a step-by-step description of how to reproduce the problem (or a step-by-step description of "what you were trying to do until you were interrupted by the problem")
  • a copy-paste of the exception message (obtained by running the game in Flash Player Projector content debugger until the problem arises). If the game does not generate an exception then that's okay; just say so explicitly and then we won't waste time worrying about it.
  • a screenshot of the relevant files and folders -- in this case, a picture of your Mods folder, Settings folder, and whichever folder contains penisrangeV5.swf
mod failed to load message
This particular error message is probably not related to penisrangeV5.swf. Something else is failing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.