How to add clothing mods to moreclothing? (1 Viewer)

Jay_P

Potential Patron
Hello everyone! First of all I would like to thank people here for all the big work they did to mod this flash game, this is incredible!

So I didcovered the game 2 days ago and I started to mod it and everything. I downloaded sby's loader and follow some guides, but i have a problem: I can't add more clothing mods to the loader, nor any hair mod. However I was able to add another mod (throat bulge I think). I tried to add like tattoos, tops, footwear.. but nothing.The problem when I try to add clothing mods is they dont display on the Scene menu when I look at the clothes. I DID ADD LINES TO THE moreclothingssettings FILE AND put the mods in the moreclothingmods folder. Like I can find my mods going by the "Swf..." and "Hair.." buttons in mods but as I said they are not with the other clothes menus.

Is there a way to add them or it is normal that i have to go pick them in my folders everytime?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Jay_P

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Please upload your settings file so we can have a look.

• make sure MC is the last mod in Mods.txt
  • some mods are extremely picky and require you to define the modtypes used in the swf (use Showmodinfo by stuntcock to find what modtypes are defined in a mod)
  • make sure all backgrounds are placed in the backgrounds folder and the hairs in the hairs folder
  • place MC in the Mods\$INIT$ folder
  • place the settings file in the settings folder
  • place the moreclothingmods folder in Mods\$INIT$
  • Use the stand alone flash player
You can also try using the autogen_settings program included with MC.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
these are the specific file/folder being mentioned:

upload_2018-7-22_12-42-13.png

however, knowing what modtype it is does help to know what menu it will be placed on. stuntcocks mod is quick to test it beforehand, there is also a moreclothing option
+displayallmodtypesonmod=0 ; will show all modtypes from a mod loaded from settings
however you would probably want to comment out all other things you are loading otherwise it will be a flood of info. so that is why i suggest stuntcocks.

Jay_P

Potential Patron
Thanks for the answers guys!

• place the settings file in the settings folder
Actually my settings file is in the Loader folder. Is it ok? It was put there by defaut by sby's loader .

Also, I just opened my settings file to take a screenshot and send it, but I just see that all the mods I added by hand have been removed automatically... just like I did nothing... However, the mods are still in my moreclothingmods folder, and the hairs mod in the hairs folder.

Do you know why the settings file has reset what I've been writting? (cause i did have save 100% sure)

Deltavoid

Content Creator
settings.txt should remain in the loader folder
moreclothingV6_9settings.txt goes in the \settings folder

Jay_P

Potential Patron
Hm.. So do you have an idea of what the problem can be? Cause looks like all my files are at the good location..

Jay_P

Potential Patron
Ok so there it is. As i said it deleted all the mods i added by myself but I screenshot everything i tought can be useful. If you need anything else, just let me now.
Sans titre.png

Sans titre1.png

Sans titre2.png

Sans titre3.png

Sans titre.png

Sans titre1.png

Sans titre2.png

Sans titre3.png

Sans titre4.png

Sans titre5.png

Sans titre6.png

Sans titre7.png

Sans titre8.png

Sans titre9.png

Deltavoid

Content Creator
what program are you running the game with?

Add mods to the moreclothing settings like you did before something cleared it. Remove Moreclothing the from Mods.txt then run the game. load MoreClothing manually. watch the upper right corner of the game widow.
Are there any error messages in the upper right corner of the game's window?

Jay_P

Potential Patron
Ok so I just discovered hat I had two moreclothingV6_7settings.txt files. One of them (in INIT) had the changes and the other, in Settings, didn't have them. So I copy the file from INIT and replace the one in settings. When I start the game, I can see the mods getting loaded at the top right and I have 212 mods instead of 175, but it also says ''DATA:blabla.swf not found'' in red when it loads for some of them. For few ones, it also says a line under in white unused:Body or custumebody or whatever.

Note that all my hair mods are working, i can find them in the Custom Hair choices!
SO I guess now the problem came from my moreclothingV6_7settings.txt file and where I put the stuff?
Here is new screenshots of my settings file with in red the mods wich didnt load. (what i added is always at the bottom of each list).
bla4.png

bla3.png

bla2.png

bla.png

bla5.png

EDIT: Ok so I forgot i changed some files name for me to find them more easily. Changed the names in both settings file and it works for almost all of them. Now the only mods not working are WetlookPants (legwear) and the tattoos. I think i can fgure out with the tattoos if i put them in other categories but for the pants i don't know..

Also, for Tattoo mods i put them in body category so i could put them all at the same time while also being able to put other clothes ON them but apperently it dosen't want to go in Body.. Is there a way to make it work like I want?

Last edited:

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Also, for Tattoo mods i put them in body category so i could put them all at the same time while also being able to put other clothes ON
them but apperently it dosen't want to go in Body.. Is there a way to make it work like I want?
Side note: you can upload txt files.
Yes there is and It looks you did it correct. The format is [OriginalModType]>[NewModType]. So why its not working is beyond me. sby sby any ideas?

Deltavoid

Content Creator
No clue. I am not at my computer and dont have that mod so i couldn't tell you. Some mods don't work with MC. I have one that adds nipple vibrators but it and mc don't get along. I can load it manually but mc wont load it. I would see if sby has anything to say before jumping to that conclusion though (as Mc is one of his mods)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
"Ok so I just discovered hat I had two moreclothingV6_7settings.txt files. One of them (in INIT) had the changes and the other, in Settings, didn't have them."
most of my mods try to load their settings file in the folder they are loaded from (in this case $init), and if it can't find it then tries the Settings folder. this is why you were running into this issue.

if the mod is not a vanilla mod, or created using the alternate loader template, then moreclothing will not know how to handle it. if stuntcocks mod does not show the modtype when you load it, then it is most likely a loader mod that uses code to manually insert itself into specific areas in the game, instead of the vanilla modtype structure.

usually when i am adding new clothing to the setting file, i will use the blockcomment tag to only load the 1 file, and turn on the display modtypes option:

+displayallmodtypesonmod=1

testmod.swf=test
;blockcomment

;other mods below

Jay_P

Potential Patron
usually when i am adding new clothing to the setting file, i will use the blockcomment tag to only load the 1 file, and turn on the display modtypes option:

+displayallmodtypesonmod=1

testmod.swf=test
;blockcomment

;other mods below

Ok thanks.

Questions: where do I find the blockcommand tag? How do I load only 1 mod?

And also afterwards i guess i have to turn off display modtypes option?

Thanks

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Questions: where do I find the blockcommand tag? How do I load only 1 mod?
read line 6 of moreclothingv6_7settings.txt for how blockcomments work
to load 1 mod, comment out all mods except the mod you want to load.
And also afterwards i guess i have to turn off display modtypes option?
yes. you will also want to uncomment any mods you commented out.

Jay_P

Potential Patron
I see some ";;blockcomment;; things in the settings file but i dont know how to comment them out... line 6 doesnt really help me ahah

Deltavoid

Content Creator
blockcomment format:
Code:
;blockcomment
list of mods to comment out
;endblockcomment

Example of a blockcomment (i am using the hair section from my own personal MoreclothingV6_9settings.txt *MoreclothingV6_6settings.txt file however the premise is still the same):
Code:
;Blockcomment
hairs/Lara_Croft_hair_dynamic.swf=Lara Croft:DynamicHair:StaticHair
hairs/Cammy_-_Dynamic_Hair.swf=Cammy Dynamic
hairs/Dizzy_Hair.swf=Dizzy
hairs/Juliet [byRajasGrime].png=Juliet
hairs/Kallen Stadtfeld school.png=Kallen Stadtfeld
hairs/Kazumi Asakura.png=Kazumi
hairs/Young Tsunade - Hair.swf=YoungTsunade
hairs/Makie Sasaki.png=Makie Saski
hairs/Misaka Mikoto.png=Misaka Mikoto
hairs/mouyuu.png=Mouyuu
hairs/yuna.png=Yuna
HAIRS/Yuno.png=Yuno a
hairs/Yuno-Gasai2.png=Yuno b
Rukia.swf=Rukia:DynamicHair:StaticHair
hairs/Yachiru.png=yachiru
hairs/Orihime-timeskip.png=orihime a
Orihime.swf=Orihime B:DynamicHair:StaticHair
hairs/blake2.png=Blake A
hairs/blake-faunus.png=Blake B
hairs/kali hair.png=Kali
hairs/nora valkyrie.png=Nora
hairs/pyrrha-nikos.png=Pyrrha
hairs/ruby.png=Ruby a
hairs/ruby2.png=Ruby b
hairs/ruby-nocape.png=Ruby c
hairs/rwby-cinder.png=cinder
hairs/rwby-penny.png=Penny
hairs/Velvet dynamic hair.swf=velvet:DynamicHair:StaticHair
hairs/yang.png=yang
hairs/Azusa.png=Azusa
Hairs/yui.png=yui
hairs/ritsu.swf=Ritsu
hairs/tsumugi.swf=Mugi
hairs/mio.swf=mio
;endblockcomment
*I manually converted my v6_7settings file for v6_8 so technically I have a v6_7 mod file but no v6_7settings file XD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.