Honey Select Thread (2 Viewers)

snakesonaplane

Casual Client
Well, I made some progress. I wish Illusion's software was more exporting friendly, but it is not the case. I decided to use a chroma key; placing a green background, capturing the screen and then using After Effects to get the transparency. It is not ideal, but it is something.

rVlQtYI.jpg

d88DtDw.jpg

d9YoHN2.gif

With the render issue somehow lessened, I am still wondering how can one animate the characters. There are a few helpers to move the characters around, but there doesn't seem to be a proper keyframing system. With no keyframes and interpolation, decent animation is impossible, I am afraid.

If you want transparent backgrounds in StudioNEO turn off all of the Screen Effects. Go to System, then Screen Effects and turn them off

slayer

Master of this Domain
The problem is that if there was no contrasting background, there would be no way of removing it and leaving an alpha channel...
In any case, thanks for the contribution!

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
If you can use 3dsmax and stuff like that, studio's already below your skillset's ability to apply. There's animation creating plugins, but they're for making videos or scenes to share with others, not for exporting for use. I THINK they could be used to create an animation you take pictures of in motion, but I'd have to experiment and see because I think they're mostly for sex stuff. Cause, you know, this is an H-game.

I wish I had a more positive thing to say, but I really don't. I think these programs are great, and are incredible introductions to rendering, and they've opened up an area of my creativity I didn't realize I had; but they are ultimately games rather than game creating tools. They can be used to make visual novels and I think they could be keyed out for frame-based simple animations, but aside from that I donno if you're going to be able to do really smooth looking 60fps stuff with it.

slayer

Master of this Domain
If you can use 3dsmax and stuff like that, studio's already below your skillset's ability to apply. There's animation creating plugins, but they're for making videos or scenes to share with others, not for exporting for use. I THINK they could be used to create an animation you take pictures of in motion, but I'd have to experiment and see because I think they're mostly for sex stuff. Cause, you know, this is an H-game.

Good. I'll have to find some animation plugins then. Thanks!

snakesonaplane

Casual Client
The problem is that if there was no contrasting background, there would be no way of removing it and leaving an alpha channel...
In any case, thanks for the contribution!
Select a plain coloured background, like a black or a dark grey or something like that. Turn off every single effect listed as I mentioned before, and then print screen it. I promise you it will work perfectly as I was having the same problem you did. This is for Studio NEO btw, I never use regular studio. I'll even attach an image that I made in Studio NEO for you to try and remove the background from. It should be much easier now.
NEO.png

slayer

Master of this Domain
I made a very small experiment; I used Clickteam Fusion to make a small animation test.
It would seem that fluid animations are needed; flat sprites contrast a lot with the walking animation (and the falling "animation" is just sad).

Attachments

AIGirl.rar
11.8 MB · Views: 210

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Yeah, either taking screenshots of the animation to make it framey or somehow creating a smooth one is the way it's gotta go. Can't mix.

I gotta say this is way more progress way faster than I thought would happen though

slayer

Master of this Domain
Well, it was just a little test.
Regarding what you say, yes, mixing fluid animations and still sprites doesn't seem to look very good. I am hoping I can come across a way of animating the characters properly...

slayer

Master of this Domain
I made an experiment with two girls, and added "final fight" icons.
Definitely more fluid animations are needed...

Attachments

AIGirlB.rar
25.8 MB · Views: 191

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Yeah, either one or the other. All frames or no frames.

Also what are these sounds? I've never heard 'em before

slayer

Master of this Domain
I'd rather have animations. Too bad it looks very difficult to implement.

The sounds are in a folder that I gathered from different sources, I don't know if I can trace the origin now.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
I made a new test attempt. Press spacebar to thrrow punches, or just click on the girls to hit them.
I hope I can get the proper animations working soon...

3pkYLG0.jpg

DpeBILl.jpg

pi7bU8s.jpg

uMSPEmM.jpg

Not bad. Keep up the good work!
I'll give you a zip file containing my zakos soon

slayer

Master of this Domain
I've just added a new girl to the experiment:
WTyTZe3.jpg

I fear that I might be spamming the thread; shall I create a new one?

Attachments

AIGirlE.rar
45.2 MB · Views: 172

jettmanas

Master of this Domain
Wow, props on all this technical work. I tried learning 3DS Max & Maya, but struggled so much w/3D.
Been doing 2D hand drawn & Flash animation for many years.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
This thread is for whatever it needs to be for. I'm personally interested in the progress, since I wanted to do a simple shooter game with my shooter enemies and gave up cause I got lost. It's kind of gratifying to see someone do something similar.

slayer

Master of this Domain
Wow, props on all this technical work. I tried learning 3DS Max & Maya, but struggled so much w/3D.
Been doing 2D hand drawn & Flash animation for many years.
The funny thing is, I ended up using no knowledge of such applications. I couldn't get to animate the characters, so I just used existent animations and made up a couple of poses, nothing more.

This thread is for whatever it needs to be for. I'm personally interested in the progress, since I wanted to do a simple shooter game with my shooter enemies and gave up cause I got lost. It's kind of gratifying to see someone do something similar.
If you provide me with the animations or sprites, I can collectthem in a very simple shooting gallery (no different hit areas though, just a boolean).

slayer

Master of this Domain
I made a specific thread to avoid spamming this one:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.