Help with Animtools v6 (1 Viewer)

Reaper_x313

Potential Patron
So I'm fairly new to this game, and I needed some help setting up animtoolsv6.

I've currently downloaded the loader, and have followed the instructions to add animtoolsv6 to the mods folder, as well as editing the mods.txt file. I start the loader and I can see the animtoolsv6 mod. When I click on it however it will say animtoolsv6settings.txt successfully loaded, BUT i won't actually be able to use animtoolsv6.

The standalone animtoolsv6 editor is working fine, but when trying to run it through the loader it doesn't work. I'm currently running the loader 5.24 version.

I also tried the set up that is suggested by SBY of adding the animtoolsv6.swf to the $INT$ folder, but that didn't seem to work at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sby

Content Creator
Coder
sounds like you successfully set up animtools using a character folder because you got the message of 'animtools settings done loading'. while working as a mod, animtools only has a couple of controls:

controls v6:
'space' - override/push through body contact resistance

loadermode only controls:
f2 - (key 113, this key may be changed in settings file) , load position file. can also load positions through the modpage
f3,f4,f5 - (also may be changed in settings file) quickload defined position files.
- there is also a modpage that is added with a 'load' button

the only thing to do now is to actually load an animtools position text file. it comes with a bunch, and you should put them in the loader's 'Settings' folder to be able to use the quickload feature. it is possible that your keyboard buttons are not compatible, and you can change the button mappings in the animtoolssettings.txt. that, or use the modpage to load positiions

Bored

Potential Patron
I have been having the same, if not a similar, issue. None of the keyboard shortcuts work in loader mode (no loading positions, no quickloading, nothing), and I am not sure if this is an issue with Firefox (the browser I am using), incorrect settings, my own keyboard, or the game itself.

Bored

Potential Patron
Did some testing with both a flash player and a different browser in loader mode. In both cases, using Ctrl + O to load a position only loaded the text file, taking me out of the game entirely.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i do not have any of the loader controls mapped to a combination key press such as ctrl + o, they are always single keys.

try using the 'showkey' swf that comes with the loader. you can then use these numbers to change the settings file of animtools.
f2 usually produces a number of 113, which is what load is usually mapped to.

as said before, you can at least load positions using the modpage load button, no key presses required.

Bored

Potential Patron
I changed the load key, and it did allow me to load positions, so I am going to conclude that the issue was f2, as I think I remember reading that the F keys have issues in Firefox.

Thank you very much for your help :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.