Has ryona affected your relationships? (1 Viewer)

Wired4Weird

Potential Patron
Perhaps I'm threading on a thin line here, but would you guys share how your fetishes (various as they might be) affected your previous (or current) offline/RL relationships .. I might as well go first, ryona is not really a primary (or anything I'd like to apply) fetish for me, so I never mentioned it to any of my GF's, However some of the other fetishes they accepted quite readily, I guess it could have been because of the affection they felt, but most seemed geniunely interested and .. game . Anyway, I do not think I ever split up with a girl, because of my quirky sexuality (Ok, maybe once, and that one hurt) - now my personality, that's a different story. :-)

Anyway, I hope you can share your experiences.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Well, it would hardly seem appropriate for the guy that wants everyone to feel welcome here to not join in on something like that so...

I don't think I've ever been invested enough in to a relationship to where fetishes would become involved. I've always kind of considered myself undersexed and most girls around my age seem like they're just looking for some fun and not anything long-term. I end up not keeping up with their pace and they grow uninterested and go for another guy. That isn't really answering your question though, so my main point is no it hasn't affected any relationships. I do get some general anxiety towards the idea of telling someone about ryona, though. It really might be one of those things I don't ever bring up in person, no matter how much I love or trust them. But learn from my mistakes, if a girl shows interest in you, you better keep up. :P Maybe she'll be into a fetish just as much as you are.

Wired4Weird

Potential Patron
Well, it would hardly seem appropriate for the guy that wants everyone to feel welcome here to not join in on something like that so...

I don't think I've ever been invested enough in to a relationship to where fetishes would become involved. I've always kind of considered myself undersexed and most girls around my age seem like they're just looking for some fun and not anything long-term. I end up not keeping up with their pace and they grow uninterested and go for another guy. That isn't really answering your question though, so my main point is no it hasn't affected any relationships. I do get some general anxiety towards the idea of telling someone about ryona, though. It really might be one of those things I don't ever bring up in person, no matter how much I love or trust them. But learn from my mistakes, if a girl shows interest in you, you better keep up. :P Maybe she'll be into a fetish just as much as you are.

Well, quite frankly, I wouldn't want to mention ryona to a girl either (I doubt you'd imagine your gf in a ryona situation, however I mean no offense if you would), no matter how much I trusted her, however those fetishes that are more placid, like clothes and some other mildly kinky stuff, that's totally different - for example, I'm sure you could get a girl into one of those track suits you're into. :-) Trust is essential though. And you're absolutely right, you should stick with someone who accepts you for what you are, especially if she seems to enjoy it too - but, it's kind of a losing battle if she doesen't stimulate you on other levels, it's a tightrope act really. Midway from 20 towards 30 you lose the sense you can be picky, and start to look back and it's not always pleasant. :-) Digressing a bit, but still relevant.

oceansfiftynine

Potential Patron
I've kinda struggled with this fetish most of my life... I actually told an ex-gf about it once, but in a cop-out, cowardly way... we were walking past a comic book shop and I just told her in this dry, detached tone that there were some guys who were into superheroines as a fetish.. her reaction was really negative and made me feel bad about myself for awhile, but I think she was just being honest and since my poker face held up she had no idea it hurt me.... needless to say, we broke up soon after. When you sit next to a person and you still feel lonely, its time to move on...

For another gf, I had reached a stage in our relationship where I felt comfortable sharing my fetish with her... so basically, I confessed everything, how it started with superheroines, what I liked about it, and even showed her a bit of my collection... needless to say, she's no longer my gf... she's my wife! (haha got you guys). She accepted me for who I am and even shared some of her little fetishes, which were really vanilla compared to mine, but hey who am I to judge right?

I won't pretend to say that our sex life is all fine and good... i would be kidding myself if I didn't say my fetish got in the way some times... but I wouldn't trade her for anyone in the world. I figure sex is something we can work on when we have more time for each other (we're both working and we have a daughter). I'm just glad she's stuck by me even through the problems. There is more to a relationship than sex/fetishes but I could not hide something which was such a big part of my growing up and which I still try to understand sometimes.

The upside is, she knows with my fetishes I'm quite finicky and therefore less likely to stray... lol

Mardion

Potential Patron
/Thread split from the Romance Fetish thread

I haven't let ryona (or any of my fetishes) affect my RL that much, at least not in any open way. There have been some opportune moments (either privately or in social situations) where I'd indulge in them just a tiny bit (for example if my fetish is to wrestle I'll pretend to make a wrestling move on a female friend / gf) but always disguised as jokes, and since I'm usually very spontaneous and make a lot of well-intended jokes, noone suspected it was more than a joke. In those situations I gauged her reactions and knew whether I could pursue this further or not. In those I could I had some good fun eventually, but as you might expect it never evolved much (in the aforementioned example not more than 5 wrestling matches) which makes sense tbh. And that's pretty much it, never spoke seriously about it with any woman.

needless to say, she's no longer my gf... she's my wife! (haha got you guys).

You, sir, just won this thread:grin: Oh, and I'm glad you've found such an understanding woman to be your wife!

T

takarada

Many girls fantasize about being the victim in a ryona scene.
I met one and we tried various things, slapping, punching, using a belt to hit her boobs.
She enjoyed it but the next day was a problem with various levels of damage.
I didn't enjoy it as I was too worried about breaking something, it is more enjoyable as a fantasy.

O

onewithnothing

I've only ever had one girlfriend before, and Ryona wasn't an interest to me during that part of my life.

These days, I just keep my fetishes to myself. The only person I know who even suspects anything is my Dad, and he was my age once, so he is pretty understanding.

Ekgooseto

Potential Patron
No. Primary is what the partner wants and need.
Ryona ist more like fantasy. Its not practical for RL. Thats my experience so far.

annac

Potential Patron
No ill effects so far, but I doubt anyone knows as I'm discreet about it. I daren't even contemplate what my gf would think of it.
To be honest I kind of tuck it away in my mind and keep it separate to my real life. I don't really think about it until I start browsing the net late at night (like now!).

K

keeblerelf

And another reason why I tend to be a recluse.

No. Primary is what the partner wants and need.
Ryona ist more like fantasy. Its not practical for RL. Thats my experience so far.
True, but (and feel free to peg this as a crazy person's response) it is that fine line of reality and fantasy that one has to diligently patrol.

noice1

Potential Patron
There is a fine line between fantasy and reality. It's the difference between a far-out "fetish" and having sociopathic tendencies. I like drawings of fantasy girls in ryona situations, I wouldn't want to see most happen to a real female (something like wrestling is an exception).

nine

Ryonani Teamster
Agree with some of you, for me ryona is just a fantasy, personnaly i don't like to see a REAL girl being hit.

noice1

Potential Patron
Actually, one of the great things about wrestling is that they're trying to make it look real. You can call them glorified stunt-workers, but then ask them why they watch kung-fu movies.

Actually I was referring to real, competitive female wrestling, not professional wrestling. With some exceptions, I don't see pro-wrestling as good for ryona. To me, it should look like it's really happening, and my mind, after watching pro-wrestling for years, knows a "work" when it sees it. Now real wrestling being "safe" (real pain, but, in the end no one is hurt), it's fine. But all other kind of ryona just doesn't work in RL. Hope that clears it up.

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
In the future I'm sure it will effect me in a bad way, but so far it's been pretty positive. I guess when your the girl in the ryona interest things are VERY different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.