Hair Mod Flickering (1 Viewer)

UrMum12345

Content Creator
Hello! So, I have been trying to make a hair for SDT, for Medli from TLOZ Wind Waker. It originally started off as just a normal png mod, but there are some clipping problems with it, so I wanted to try to make a hair mod for it. The problem that I've been running into is that once it loads into sdt, the hair doesn't appear, but then randomly flickers in and out of existence. It would be amazing if someone who knows what they are doing looked over my fla and could let me know dumb mistake I made? Thanks!

TLDR: This is my first mod and the hair doesn't load properly and flickers in and out of existence.

The FLA: MEGA

Note, I am aware that the mod is terrible.

stuntcock

Content Creator
the hair doesn't appear, but then randomly flickers in and out of existence.
Everything in Flash is "inherently" animated. If you've defined more than one animation frame for a Shape, then as soon as an instance of that Shape hits the canvas, it will begin playing through its animation.

Your Middle Static hair element includes 124 blank frames. So it's invisible 99.2% of the time.

Select the unwanted frames (2 ... 125) in the timeline and delete them (right-click > Remove Frames). Your static hair element will now load normally.

Your dynamic hair elements still won't load, because they're setup incorrectly. Here's your hierarchy:
  • MovieClip named "Bottom Strand"
    • Graphic named "Bottom Strrand"
      • Paths
      • Fills
  • MovieClip named "Middle"
    • Graphic named "Ponytail Mid"
      • Paths
      • Fills
Here's what the SDT code expects:
  • MovieClip named "Bottom Strand"
    • MovieClip named "Bottom Strrand"
      • Paths
      • Fills
  • MovieClip named "Middle"
    • Note: you don't technically need multiple children here ... but the ponytail will be very stiff if it consists of only one segment
    • MovieClip named "Middle Ponytail Top Section"
      • Paths
      • Fills
    • MovieClip named "Middle Ponytail Vertical Bit"
      • Paths
      • Fills
    • MovieClip named "Middle Ponytail Curly End"
      • Paths
      • Fills

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.