Hair Bug (1 Viewer)

Alazuk88

Potential Patron
I was trying to mod SDT and it was working, I added custom code, a .swf and then I tried adding a .png hair to it, but it didn't load, it never changed away from the default hair on any of the presets I tried. I'm not sure if this is because I've done something wrong or just need to try something differently. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, so I have actually found out what causes this bug. It seems to be the version of Adobe Flash you're using, I just updated the one for Firefox and now the hair no longer works like it did with Chrome, I believe both are updated to the newest versions so that's probably the source of the issue, I'm not sure if I can install the previous versions or not.

EDIT 2: I have managed to fix this bug with the hair by installing an earlier version of Flash Player for Firefox. Google Chrome has Flash Player pre-installed and automatically updates so I don't think you can change the version that Chrome uses. So Firefox is the best option for it. I chose version 22.0.0.209

If you get this bug too follow the steps at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/install-previous-version-flash-player.html

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I was trying to mod SDT and it was working, I added custom code, a .swf and then I tried adding a .png hair to it, but it didn't load
  • Have you read the newbie guide?
  • Do you understand the difference between the use of the Save Character button and the use of Character Folders?
    • Which approach were you trying to use?
  • Assuming Character Folder: did you remember to rename the file to hair.png?
  • Assuming Save Character: did you remember to use the customhair: parameter (instead of hair:), and did you include the full relative path from your SDT folder to the png file?
    • Exception: if you're using sby's moreclothing mod then the hair: parameter can be effective (and filepaths aren't needed).

it never changed away from the default hair on any of the presets I tried
Are you refering to the new SwitchSet mod? If not, then could you please describe your use-case in greater detail? I'm not sure what you mean by presets.

If possible, please include a screenshot which shows how you're loading the character and which button(s) you're using to change between presets.

StrongFish91

Content Creator
I'm having the same trouble. I try to add a .png hairstyle to a default character, and nothing happens, aside from the guy's dick shrinking and the girl getting pale skin.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I try to add a .png hairstyle to a default character, and nothing happens
When asking for help, please explain what you're actually doing. Step-by-step, if possible. It's also useful to mention which version of the game you're running, and any significant mods (such as moreclothing) which are included in your $INIT$ list. If you suspect that a mod is misbehaving, then try using the Flash Player Projector content debugger to check for runtime exceptions.

If you're loading a default character from the roster, and subsequently clicking the "Hair..." button on the Modding tab, then the hairstyle should be applied normally. That's a very basic vanilla feature; you'd need a very big mod-compatibility error to screw up that one.

If you're trying to modify one of the default characters to include a new hairstyle, then that's a different story. Please explain how you're trying to do it, so that we can troubleshoot the problem and offer assistance.

aside from the guy's dick shrinking and the girl getting pale skin.
It sounds like you're trying to modify the charcode for one of the default characters. That isn't going to work; those definitions are hardcoded. You can create a copy of a default girl (with different hairstyle, clothes, etc) via the Save Character button. You can create Character Folders which define near-clones of the default characters. You can exclude the hardcoded default girls from the roster by tweaking your Settings.txt file (removeDefaultChars parameter).

Alazuk88

Potential Patron
Well the presets are the default hairstyles that come with the .swf file for SDT. The default characters it includes. I usually start the game, put on the .swf mods and then try to load the .png for the hairstyle using the hair button in the Modding tab. Whenever I do load the hair, it doesn't actually appear on the character. I've actually fixed it by switching my browser from Chrome to FireFox, which works for some strange reason.

Last edited:

StrongFish91

Content Creator
Step by step? Okay.

Step one: I open the game.
Step Two: I pick the first default character on the list
Step Three: I press "hair" in the modding tab
Step Four: I select a .png hairstyle and press open
Step Five: Nothing happens.

Not trying to add it to the default model permanently, just trying to put it on it so i can make a new character.
No other mods are being used, its all in Vanilla.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Step one: I open the game.
If you're opening it in a web browser then that may be the source of your difficulties. Please try using the Flash Player projector instead. Or the Flash Player projector content debugger (available on the same webpage) which will allow you to detect runtime errors in the SDT game (and then inform us about them).

Step Two: I pick the first default character on the list
What happens if you skip this step? If you immediately attempt to load a custom PNG file without choosing a character, does it work properly?

No other mods are being used, its all in Vanilla.
Please try to download a Loader pack (such as sby's pack or weewillie's bundle) and then repeat the test in the Loader. There are few reasons to use the vanilla game; it cuts down your options pretty heavily. Perhaps we can fix this problem by simply "upgrading" you onto the SDT Loader.

Alazuk88

Potential Patron
I've edited my post with a fix to the issue that I have managed to find. If you're using Chrome, switch to Firefox and downgrade your version of flash, in my original post I put a link to a tutorial by adobe on how to install a previous version of Flash. Once I did that, it fixed the issue I was having with the hair not loading onto the character.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
downgrading the flash player in your browser used for everything is not the better choice than to just using the older standalone flash player (which will run better than a browser plugin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.