[Guild Wars 2] A possible new way to mod Guild Wars 2 that is quite promising. (1 Viewer)

Vergil

Content Creator
I spent the past two days to create this mod and make it look properly. There is some polishing left to do though. Is anyone still playing Guild Wars 2 here? : )

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
I still play fairly often. Would be nice to have the mod, something to look at while i grind resources for gold so i can finally buy the newest living world season.

Vergil

Content Creator
It's nice that some of you guys are still interested. :)
Body2 is a bit thinner around the hip. It's also way more high poly and that causes more skinning problems. This is all work in progress. It will probably not fit your character's skin color, so you have to adjust the dds file in Photoshop or Gimp.
Make sure to check "Reverse Normal Components" in ModelMod in the Game Profile or the skin will look broken ingame.
It only works for human bodies. Some (or many) hair styles are not supported.
This is how the folder hierarchy works for me: ModelMod\gw2\Body and ModelMod\gw2\Body2
But that should depend on how you set ModelMod up.
Unpack the rar archives into the last folder for any mod.

Show me some nice screens if it works.

Attachments

Body.rar
1.5 MB · Views: 256

Body2.rar
2.9 MB · Views: 285

shnoobins

Vivacious Visitor
I spent the past two days to create this mod and make it look properly. There is some polishing left to do though. Is anyone still playing Guild Wars 2 here? : )

Haven't played in a while, but after seeing that, I will definitely fire it up again.

Zaiganthe

Potential Patron

View attachment 99079View attachment 99080
Damn! That's incredible. Hell of a job Vergil. Haven't logged on to gw2 in quite some time, but nude mods have a way a breathing life into a game for me :p. What armor did you use to create this skin? Or did you somehow manage to do it in undies?

Vergil

Content Creator
Thank you guys! :)
Yes, the mod works with the undies body. Just undress yourself and be naked! :) You can also hide shoulder armor, gloves and helmet.

flanneldude

Potential Patron
Alas no luck here. So I had to first create a snapshot and a 'mod' to get the ModIndex.yaml created, and then I dropped your folder into the path and edited the name in ModIndex.yaml to match, ('Body2Mod').

According to the logs it's loading, but I'm not seeing anything in game. I tried CRTL F1, F2 a few times.

Did you have the 'high resolution character textures' turned on when you did your initial snapshot, maybe?

Code:
[M:ModDBInterop]: Async load started
[M:ModDBInterop]: Loading from path: "P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2"
[M:MemoryCache]: Cache hit for file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Mod.mmobj
[M:ModDB]: Mod: "Body2Mod": type: GPUReplacement, ref: Some "Body2Ref", weightmode: Ref, override textures: 2
[M:SW:load file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Mod.yaml]: finished: 12ms
[M:MemoryCache]: Cache hit for file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Ref.mmobj
[M:ModDB]: Found 8 vertex elements in Body2Ref_VBDecl.dat (64 bytes)
[M:ModDB]: Ref: Body2Ref: binary vertex data: false
[M:SW:load file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Ref.yaml]: finished: 10ms
[M:MeshRelation]: built mesh relation from mod 'Body2Mod' to ref 'Body2Ref'
[M:SW:MeshRel:Body2Mod/Body2Ref]: finished: 254ms
[M:SW:LoadModDB]: finished: 286ms
[M:Util]: Memory: (clr: 17.08MB; process: 754.57 MB)
[M:ModDBInterop]: Async load complete
[RenderState]: Mod Data Setup time (Native+Managed): 422
[RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 29ee43c0
[RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 29ee4f40
[RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 29ee43c0Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 29ee43c0 (Final message; log limit hit)
[RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 29ee4f40Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 29ee4f40 (Final message; log limit hit)
[M:ModDBInterop]: Async load started
[M:ModDBInterop]: Loading from path: "P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2"
[M:MemoryCache]: Cache hit for file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Mod.mmobj
[M:ModDB]: Mod: "Body2Mod": type: GPUReplacement, ref: Some "Body2Ref", weightmode: Ref, override textures: 2
[M:SW:load file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Mod.yaml]: finished: 6ms
[M:MemoryCache]: Cache hit for file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Ref.mmobj
[M:ModDB]: Found 8 vertex elements in Body2Ref_VBDecl.dat (64 bytes)
[M:ModDB]: Ref: Body2Ref: binary vertex data: false
[M:SW:load file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Ref.yaml]: finished: 8ms
[M:MeshRelation]: built mesh relation from mod 'Body2Mod' to ref 'Body2Ref'
[M:SW:MeshRel:Body2Mod/Body2Ref]: finished: 261ms
[M:SW:LoadModDB]: finished: 285ms
[M:Util]: Memory: (clr: 17.08MB; process: 2227.67 MB)
[M:ModDBInterop]: Async load complete
[RenderState]: Mod Data Setup time (Native+Managed): 1032

Last edited:

Vergil

Content Creator
I think 'high resolution character textures' was turned off. I also don't know if it changes anything for ModelMod. Can you see the preview of your ripped screenshot in ModelMod?

flanneldude

Potential Patron
I'll try again this evening, I just generated the snapshot to get the mod index created. It's been a while since I played with model mod.

flanneldude

Potential Patron
so I confirmed that I was able to view a snapshot of my character successfully. I figured I would try throwing it into Blender, but I'm having trouble with the import; the ModelMod blender scripts don't seem to be working for me :-/ Blender says they're installed successfully, but I don't have the option from Import to import a ModelMod type.

flanneldude

Potential Patron
Made *some* progress:
Turns out there's a YAML within the mod folder that needs to match the other file names that I missed. I did the following to get further:
Assuming you don't have any existing mods in MM:
1) Launch GW2 via modelmod
2) Create a snapshot, of anything, in MM
3) Create a Mod, in MM, use the name Body2
4) Copy Vergil's Body2 files into the folder

So with that in place I now get the following in logs when I load the mod:

[M:SW:load file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2\Body2Ref.yaml]: finished: 96ms [M:MemoryCache]: Cache miss for file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2b\Body2Ref.mmobj [M:Mesh]: Loaded P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2b\Body2Ref.mmobj: [M:Mesh]: 2912 triangles, 2122 positions, 2122 uvs, 2122 normals [M:Mesh]: 2122 blend indices, 2122 blend weights [M:Mesh]: 3 position transforms; 1 uv transforms [M:Mesh]: 0 named vertex groups; 0 vertex/group associations [M:ModDB]: Found 8 vertex elements in Body2Ref_VBDecl.dat (64 bytes) [M:ModDB]: Ref: Body2Ref: binary vertex data: false [M:SW:load file: P:\mods\gw2\modelMods\gw2\Body2b\Body2Ref.yaml]: finished: 83ms [M:MeshRelation]: built mesh relation from mod 'Body2Mod' to ref 'Body2Ref' [M:SW:MeshRel:Body2Mod/Body2Ref]: finished: 269ms [M:SW:LoadModDB]: finished: 2875ms [M:Util]: Memory: (clr: 17.13MB; process: 441.83 MB) [M:ModDBInterop]: Async load complete [DllMain]: LoadLibraryA called: avrt.dll

Unfortunately I still don't actually see anything rendered yet. I also still see these warnings, do you get these Vergil?

[RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8ce40 (Final message; log limit hit) [RenderState]: Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0Warning: big stage: 260, texture set to non null: 5ad8d1a0 (Final message; log limit hit)

Another thought, do you remember what your 'snapshot profile' was set to when you created the snapshot and mod?

flanneldude

Potential Patron
Vergil, did you have a separate mod that hid/removed the underwear? I notice if I make a mod of the underwear objects, I can delete vertices and see that show up in the game, but the model just has holes in it at that point.

flanneldude

Potential Patron
Had some luck getting your model to render. I'm not sure what the delta was but this is what I did:
1) Create a mod for my characters body model
2) Opened it in blender
3) Deleted my model, imported yours
4) Re-exported it

It does look like I need to make the underwear transparent maybe...

Attachments

• Guild Wars 2 Screenshot 2019.11.23 - 15.14.29.38.png
    Guild Wars 2 Screenshot 2019.11.23 - 15.14.29.38.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 678

Vergil

Content Creator
I do not have those error messages.
This is how I set ModelMod up: Snapshot Profile is Profile 1. Under Game Profile I got Reverse Normals turned on and "-32" as the command line argument. Launch Time is 15 seconds.
Oh yes you are right! I also have a mod for the underwear. But that is easy to manage. Snapshot the underwear and make it so tiny in Blender that it disappears inside her body.
But the only thing I see that is not working in your screenshot is the usage of the wrong texture. Just use the dds files I've provided withing the mod folder. Have a look at my yaml file. There you see two new entries.
Tex0Path: BodyRef.dds
Tex1Path: BodyRef2.dds
Add those to your yaml and put my textures into your folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.