[Guild Wars 2] A possible new way to mod Guild Wars 2 that is quite promising. (1 Viewer)

lucius

Potential Patron
You need to edit XXXXXMod.yaml file, not the XXXXXRef.yaml one.
Just add 1 line with Tex0Path at the end of file, do not touch Type at all:

Type: Mod
Ref: skin1Ref
ModType: GPUReplacement
MeshPath: skin1Mod.mmobj
Tex0Path: ../snap_19_2923p_2007v_texture0_edit.dds

(I put texture file in parent folder because it's the same for multiple mods)

Texture replace works, but ModelMod breaks shaders somehow, so skin looks quite ugly (from some view angles, it's not always visible depending on lighting and such)

And for me, 32-bit game was crashing randomly after Path of Fire expansion release without any mods, and ModelMod will only make it worse. But I had switched to 64-bit and did not check it later, maybe they fixed that crashes.

*EDIT:
AFAIR author of ModelMod said somewhere (on reddit?) that it may crash GW2 during big events with many players, so I guess game crash problem cannot be solved

Last edited:

Daedalus

Content Creator
Did all that: still nothing.

*EDIT* Belay that! Was messing with the wrong dds :P

Last edited:

Daedalus

Content Creator
Bolt ons with nipples :grin:
boobs.png

Daedalus

Content Creator
My gorgeous nude ranger :smile: :cool:

nekkid.png

Somehow I managed to keep the layer mask to place over the texture after I was done editing.

ZelaXaleRo

Potential Patron
I like the progress here, if you are worried about being banned you could make a dummy free account for testing and use the bank wardrobe listing to preview any changes you make. On another note of being banned, ANet has a terrible policy...blatant hacking in WvW and the like that affect other players negatively requires a published YouTube video of the acts, as it expects players to actively record every moment of their play... That said since modding like this is purely client side there should be little risk, unless it just happens to flag any security software, but that should only happen if you have to actively run a program to make the mod work.

Daedalus

Content Creator
Okay, here's the deal to editing the dds (GIMP needed):
When you make a mod in MM it also generates a ref dds in the folder which is in the mods folder of MM. If you want to edit the armor dds or body dds, open said file that's in their respective folder. ('mod name here'Ref.dds)

- make a backup first
- open dds file, deselect load mipmaps
- right-click layer window, click add layer mask then select move alpha channel from layer, click add
- right-click again, select disable layer mask
Now you can make your edits. I have to point out here that the body parts in the dds are symmetrical, meaning there's only one boob, one eye, one upper arm, one lower arm etc.... in there.
After you're done editing:
- right-click layer window, select mask to selection (this'll cause a large part of the image to be selected. It's normal, leave it as-is)
- right-click, merge all layers
- right-click again, add layer mask, then click selection (the semi-transparent layer will be placed over the image)
- right-click yet again, apply layer mask
- export with BC3/DXT5 compression + generate mipmaps
It should now look like the dds when you opened it but now with your edits embedded in it.
Alt-tab to GW2 and press CTRL+F1 to see your changes.

Happy tweaking :wink:

EuAntonio1

Vivacious Visitor
Hello all, i have a request please, if anyone can make a tutorial from start to end how to do this i will apreciated ty!

Daedalus

Content Creator
Download & install ModelMod & Blender. Start ModelMod as Admin and make a new game profile for GW2: set the exepath to the game launcher Gw2.exe. (If you don't have it, download Gw2setup.exe from Anet and rename that to Gw2.exe and put it in the Gw2 main folder.) In Game profile under Command Line Arguments type -32. Then setup Blender (this just tells MM where Blender is located)
With this MM should be good to go. Start Gw2 through MM. Once you're in the game press Ctrl+F6. Then cycle through the textures with Ctrl+F3 until your toon is selected in green and press Ctrl+F7 to make a snapshot.
Alt-Tab to MM. Click 'Create mod' (I've edited the Nature's Oath outfit, so I'll use that as reference) Search in the snapshots list for the dress part of the Nature's Oath outfit. Enter a mod name (call it NO Dress or something) and click Create.
MM01.jpg (This is it)
Make a backup of your mod before the following.
Once you've created the mod start Blender and import your mod (click Open Mods Folder in MM to see where your mod is). It's an mmobj file. If there's a cube in Blender when you start it, delete that first (Right click it -> delete -> ok)
After you've imported the NO mod, hold Ctrl and left click and drag to select the dress part of the outfit. Press the Delete key and select 'delete vertices' in the little pop-up menu. Keep doing this until the entire dress and shoulder part are gone. Leave the boots alone. Otherwise your toon will have no lower legs and feet.
Click File, Export, ModelMod Obj and overwrite the mmobj file in your mod folder. (The correct one is the file with Mod in it: so it would be something like NO DressMod.mmobj)
Then make another mod. This time for the necklace part.
MM02.jpg
You only need to manipulate the necklace. Nothing else.
Select the necklace part, click Scale. Move your mouse until it's really tiny. That way it'll be hidden in the body. Once that's done, export it the the necklace mod folder.
Alt-tab to Gw2, press Ctrl+F1 and your toon's outfit should be gone (well, most of it though :P)
After that, you can edit the dds if you want. See earlier post for the how-to.

ZelaXaleRo

Potential Patron
AH well, even with all the progress it won't work out for me, I have not a single artistic bone in my body so making anything other than a barbie doll is beyond me O.o Nice to know it is possible and only limited by ones own abilities.

shnoobins

Vivacious Visitor
I took a snapshot with ModelMod of the Carapace/Luminescent armor, as it has the most complete body mesh underneath, but cuts the toes off. To remedy this, I took a snapshot of my character in her underwear. I imported the armor first, then I imported the body from the underwear. I selected the entire underwear body, except for the vertices at about half way down the calf, and deleted it. Then selected the feet from the armor body and deleted them. Then I backed out of edit mode (Tab key) in Blender and then selected the armor body mesh in the upper right (under scene), press "a" on the keyboard to select all, then Ctrl+J to merge the two meshes.

Hope that makes sense.

Daedalus

Content Creator
I took a snapshot with ModelMod of the Carapace/Luminescent armor, as it has the most complete body mesh underneath, but cuts the toes off. To remedy this, I took a snapshot of my character in her underwear. I imported the armor first, then I imported the body from the underwear. I selected the entire underwear body, except for the vertices at about half way down the calf, and deleted it. Then selected the feet from the armor body and deleted them. Then I backed out of edit mode (Tab key) in Blender and then selected the armor body mesh in the upper right (under scene), press "a" on the keyboard to select all, then Ctrl+J to merge the two meshes.

Hope that makes sense.
It does; but I don't have the carapace armor. Got paid vacation coming up soon, gonna try it then.

Vergil

Content Creator
Sure thing shnoobins ;)
I've managed to replace the whole body with a new model. It's not perfect, but at least I know that it is possible. Works even with your own textures (albedo, normal). I just don't work on it anymore.

shnoobins

Vivacious Visitor
I'd imagine the Daydreamer's Finery would work too. Just Frankenstein a mesh together. I just used Carapace armor because I used it a while back to make a nude mod with uMod.

Daedalus

Content Creator
I've been working with Nature's Oath a lot; think I can frankenstein a mesh with that. But I can't seem to get rid of the gauntlets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.