firefox doesn't start .swf (1 Viewer)

Aniir

Potential Patron
Since I updated firefox and flash I can't get any .swf to start. It just pop a window asking me to either open or save the file. Opening opens a new tab and the same pop-up windows appear. Saving it makes a copy of the files.

Any thought?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Tools>Options>Applications

Find SWF and all SWF entities and select them to use the plugin for firefox.

SWF Movie should be enough I think.

edge

Potential Patron
So, I've got the same problem here (opening the application just prompts firefox to ask what should be used to open it), but when I try to associate the flash plugin with SWV under applications, well, the option just isn't there.

Odder still is that I opened SDT last night. Ran fine. Didn't change any of this stuff over-night... What's changed?

ModGuy

Content Creator
Perhaps you need to reinstall the firefox flash plugin?
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

edge

Potential Patron
Concur with the above. Reinstalled Firefox, the addons, and redownloaded the application. Nothing changed.

Aniir

Potential Patron
It did, but recently I've been unable again. All the options are using the plugin for firefox. Except one but the option for the plugin isn't appearing in it. (swf file (unknown/unknown) is it's name

Spiky

Potential Patron
Same problem with Firefox and Flash. I tried Anonymous advice, I think I followed it correctly. It didn't work.

Now I'm using Google Chrome just to play SDT.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Aniir said:
It did, but recently I've been unable again. All the options are using the plugin for firefox. Except one but the option for the plugin isn't appearing in it. (swf file (unknown/unknown) is it's name
Spiky said:
Same problem with Firefox and Flash. I tried Anonymous advice, I think I followed it correctly. It didn't work.

Now I'm using Google Chrome just to play SDT.
Personally, I'd just stick with the stand alone player, it is much more reliable.

part

Potential Patron
Had identical problem, this fixed it.

If problems arise or if you want to restore the default set of file download actions, do the following [8]:

Type about:config into the address bar.
Find the preference browser.download.pluginOverrideTypes and, if it is present, right-click on it and select reset.
Find the preference plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types and, if it is present, right-click on it and select reset.
Open the profile folder. (The profile folder is hidden by default in Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 and Linux; read this for help finding it).
Note: In Firefox 3.6 and above you can open the profile folder from the Firefox menu, via "Help -> Troubleshooting Information".
Completely close your Mozilla browser.
Delete (or rename) the file mimeTypes.rdf. Caution: There is also a mimeTypes.rdf file in the program folder. Do not delete it by mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.