[DOA5] How to edit vertex data in PC version. (Converting) (1 Viewer)

Sinyu

Potential Patron
Looks like people don't understand Harry's unique method. There might be a very good reason why he's teaching in riddles. Probably to protect the method and only teach those that are worthy of his time. If the method is made easy, then it may get patched? I dunno, but it's being kept under exposed for a particular reason it seems.

So have some patience.

Icarus

Potential Patron
Don't fight me, I'll prefer if you just quit.
I just don't want to listen that I'm keeping this as a secret anymore.
Tell me that you are not doing this because just you don't want this.
Then it'll be happy end for everyone.

You must not have understood what I said. I'm not fighting you.

Danny

Potential Patron
I suppose Harry just doesn't wanna waste his time and energy.
There's no point explaining steps 2, 3 and more if no one is capable of or willing to do step 1.
Still, a brief description of following steps would be nice like...

Step 1. xxxxxxx <<< we're here now.
Step 2 . xxxxxxx
Step 3. xxxxxxx

However, if he is to give us a list like that, I imagine he'll get more questions that may end up wasting his time.
So, it's entirely up to him.

syasuker

Potential Patron
I suppose Harry just doesn't wanna waste his time and energy.
There's no point explaining steps 2, 3 and more if no one is capable of or willing to do step 1.
Still, a brief description of following steps would be nice like...

Step 1. xxxxxxx <<< we're here now.
Step 2 . xxxxxxx
Step 3. xxxxxxx

However, if he is to give us a list like that, I imagine he'll get more questions that may end up wasting his time.
So, it's entirely up to him.

He only need to do a simple description is ok,
Now he gave me a lot of inspiration in the 3 d software and street fighter the production of the MOD.
My free time is lessT_T

synce

Potential Patron
There's already some decent mods (probably using this method) for all the girls except Honoka, who has a missing neck and broken legs. Just help out with her at least... You would be an hero. That is all. Tank you.

Icarus

Potential Patron
I know how to edit 3D models. I even know how to make my own 3D models. This was clearly stated on the first page. I just can't seem to get DOA5 model data in my 3DSMax. The script for the models only work for the xbox version of the game which I do not own. I can easily understand the method to model editing, but because Harry thinks I'm fighting him, he won't give us step 2. Step 1 is - understand how to edit models for DOA5. How can we do this if we can't even get DOA5 models in our program? Understanding how to edit models in general is too easy of a step and further steps are needed to proceed.

siframe

Swell Supporter
I know how to edit 3D models. I even know how to make my own 3D models. This was clearly stated on the first page. I just can't seem to get DOA5 model data in my 3DSMax. The script for the models only work for the xbox version of the game which I do not own. I can easily understand the method to model editing, but because Harry thinks I'm fighting him, he won't give us step 2. Step 1 is - understand how to edit models for DOA5. How can we do this if we can't even get DOA5 models in our program? Understanding how to edit models in general is too easy of a step and further steps are needed to proceed.

My understanding of this is that the Xbox models are required, because those are the ones with a script written for them to get them into 3dsmax....I'm guessing the PC TMC/TMCL files are encrypted differently perhaps? Then i presume the Xbox models are forced into a PC usable file. Lol, I could be wrong of course, but that seems to be what Harry is saying.

@Harry: you have my thanks for your work anyway, and as much as I'd love to see your work 'completed' by the community it makes me angry to see people calling you lazy or selfish- obviously the reverse is true as you've already sunk many hours into making and sharing a mod thats made many many peoples lives happier, including mine. Thank you.

(edit) Please note I'm not trying to point any fingers at anyone here, its just a general vibe i've picked up across a couple of forums, a few sulky complaints made that probably shouldn't have been made, and when I read them it made me feel for Harry, who after all opened a door for us that no-one else could or did.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
If somebody called one of our members lazy or selfish (or some other insult) here at Gamevixenzone, please report that post. Moderators read every post, but sometimes we miss rule violations

Link to site rules is in my siggie.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

Icarus

Potential Patron
My understanding of this is that the Xbox models are required, because those are the ones with a script written for them to get them into 3dsmax....I'm guessing the PC TMC/TMCL files are encrypted differently perhaps? Then i presume the Xbox models are forced into a PC usable file. Lol, I could be wrong of course, but that seems to be what Harry is saying.

@Harry: you have my thanks for your work anyway, and as much as I'd love to see your work 'completed' by the community it makes me angry to see people calling you lazy or selfish- obviously the reverse is true as you've already sunk many hours into making and sharing a mod thats made many many peoples lives happier, including mine. Thank you.

(edit) Please note I'm not trying to point any fingers at anyone here, its just a general vibe i've picked up across a couple of forums, a few sulky complaints made that probably shouldn't have been made, and when I read them it made me feel for Harry, who after all opened a door for us that no-one else could or did.

If somebody called one of our members lazy or selfish (or some other insult) here at Gamevixenzone, please report that post. Moderators read every post, but sometimes we miss rule violations

Link to site rules is in my siggie.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

No one called anyone selfish or lazy... It's also a bit wild to say that developing a nude mod for a character in a FIGHTING game and NOT a SEX SIM made your life happier. If that's the case, then that exact nude mod prevented me from committing suicide. Gee - thanks.

siframe

Swell Supporter
I wasn't talking about you Icarus, I understood what your posts meant perfectly. I'm not going to name any names, as its no one's business here, but in general I was referring to conversations on other boards. Apologies if you thought I was attacking you, but that wasn't the case.
Happiness is incremental too isn't it? So if I spend five minutes of a day smiling at a modders work that I otherwise would have spent not smiling then they made my life happier - just a little maybe, but happier nonetheless.
Anyway, this is getting off topic, I didn't mean to start an argument, only to offer my encouragement and support for someone who's giving their time away to the community.

Icarus

Potential Patron
I wasn't talking about you Icarus, I understood what your posts meant perfectly. I'm not going to name any names, as its no one's business here, but in general I was referring to conversations on other boards. Apologies if you thought I was attacking you, but that wasn't the case.
Happiness is incremental too isn't it? So if I spend five minutes of a day smiling at a modders work that I otherwise would have spent not smiling then they made my life happier - just a little maybe, but happier nonetheless.
Anyway, this is getting off topic, I didn't mean to start an argument, only to offer my encouragement and support for someone who's giving their time away to the community.

b17ee9ba56.jpeg

Icarus

Potential Patron
So I started playing with this and have been able to load models in 3dsMax. It seems to me now the problem is how to get the 360 models back into the PC format. If you look at both TMC files in hex editor, you will see some similarities. Since we lack a 3ds max script to inject vertex data into a PC usable TMC format, we need to find a back door into the that, and I think hex editing might be the key here.

I might be in a completely wrong direction but the more I look at this, the more I appreciate what Harry has done for the community here.

I don't care about what he's done. I just want to learn his methods. I also want to avoid having to download a DOA5 ISO.

Harry Palmer

Potential Patron
So I started playing with this and have been able to load models in 3dsMax. It seems to me now the problem is how to get the 360 models back into the PC format. If you look at both TMC files in hex editor, you will see some similarities. Since we lack a 3ds max script to inject vertex data into a PC usable TMC format, we need to find a back door into the that, and I think hex editing might be the key here.

I might be in a completely wrong direction but the more I look at this, the more I appreciate what Harry has done for the community here.

You don't need to inject data to PC format.
That's about <Step 3>
If you can edit the shape of the mesh in 360 format, then the <Step 1> is done.
If you are ready, I'll go for the next step.

Harry Palmer

Potential Patron
I know it's very harsh to be ready on step 1.

But step 2 will be simple, and on step 3 you will be fully assisted.
Yon don't need to do something on hex editor yet.
I'll provide key information about hex editing on step 2.

If you can show me a screenshot of tweaked model(TMC/TMCL) of 360 version on Neosis,
I'll start step 2 right away.

@Fox-MCcloud
tmc praser.ms and stickitback.ms
You can call them as DOA5 Importer.ms and DOA5 Vertex Injector.ms
You can find them on google search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.