Dark Souls (1 Viewer)

archangel

Ryonani Teamster
why isnt this one here? too hard? character models not good enough? ive been playing alot of it lately and theres alot of ryona content

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
Eh, from what Ive heard its a great game but it seems that ryona content is very poor, since you turn more and more corpselike with each death and you need to get "humanity" to make yourself normal again.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Yup you're practically a dried up husk half of the time. You can turn human but putting yourself at risk for ryona purposes only means that you'll eventually die and return to your last bonfire as an undead corpse again. It's unfortunate since there's some really good moves in the game. It'd probably be best to just cover your character in feminine armor and pretend that there isn't a corpse under there.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Yah, great game, but it's hard to get any decent Ryona from the appearance of your character. Humanity points is what it costs to turn your undead character into a sexy chick, and they are precious and rare to find. I turned my character human and died about ten minutes later to a boss with NPC help... sad times. I had to go back and fight two giant monsters again on my lonesome, barely did it. Felt like a waste of humanity though. Ryona wise, so far I've only encountered these tree like creatures that grab your character in the Darkroot Gardens I think its called. It goes through your block so you know when its happened and its really damaging.

Are there other holds or grabs from other creatures later on?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Are there other holds or grabs from other creatures later on?

There are quite a few. I'll list a couple from off the top of my head.

Cat Monster: What looks like a cross between a cat and an alligator. Chomps down on the upper half of your character and chews away at them.

Giant Worm: Same thing. Grabs your character and stuffs her upper half into his mouth and starts chewing.

Gaping Dragon: If you stand at his side he'll pick you up and throw you into his mouth. He'll then chomp on you a couple times.

Centipede Demon: Similar to the Gaping Dragon it will pick you up and place you in a mouth in its chest and chew away at you.

Zombie goblin: About the same size as your character. They'll grab on to you and chew on your head.

Mosquitoes: Large mosquitoes that latch onto you and suck your blood.

Darkwraith: Basically armored skeleton-ish warriors. They'll grab your face with their hand and suck the humanity out of you.

Ghosts: Found early on in New Londo. These guys will grab you and slit your throat.

Pitcher plant creature?: Basically a giant walking pitcher plant with eyes all over it. It can throw your character up into the mouth on its head where it'll spin you around inside.

Curse Frogs/Basilisks: Giant frog like creatures with huge eyes. These guys will curse you and when you get cursed stone/crystal spikes jut out of your body and kill you instantly. Basically petrification.

Mimic: If you try to open one it will pull your upper half into its mouth and chew away at you. If you attack it it will sprout legs and arms to fight you. While in this form it can still grab and chew on you.

Slime: These guys will drop onto your head and engulf the entire upper half of your character. From there they'll continuously cause damage until you break free.

Walking clam: A multilegged creature with a clam shell for a head. It will clamp down on the upper half of your character and chew away at them.

A lot of enemies will impale you with their sword if they manage to parry you or you turn your back to them. A couple of bosses have their own grab moves as well.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
There are quite a few. I'll list a couple from off the top of my head.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.
All of that sounds awesome, but it's a shame that this game isn't really my style. That said, I'd be very thankful if someone managed to track down videos of any of this, or dare I say, record some of it themselves.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Luckily , this game will have a PC release in august

So trainers would be around and gaining XP would be a matter of button click

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Dark Souls II

As the game was out last week , I create this topic to discuss any discovered ryona in case someone played it and has found something

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I've gotten the chance to play a few hours thanks to my friend's copy of the game. Nothing super noteworthy in regards to ryona but I'm only a few hours in and didn't exactly spend my time trying to die.
That said, one of my more memorable deaths involved my character's head getting munched on by a giant... err... pig-mole-man-bear...thing.
Frankly Dark Souls doesn't feature an "action cam" for the player's deaths (like say, Resident Evil 6) so it doesn't hold much of my interest in that regard anyway.

However, if it IS your thing, there are a few interesting notes. While your character still degrades physically becoming more and more zombie like as they progressively die, there are items to restore your humanity and physical appearance. These "Human Effigys" can be bought in limited amounts from merchants and even have a chance to be looted off a select few enemies.
Sadly it there seems to be a finite number in each playthrough, so use them wisely and only when you need to record a scene. Don't mistake that for meaning they are extremely rare. I myself have used at least 6 and still have a good 20 left over after only killing three bosses.

Enemies in each area seem to have a "counter" of sorts that counts down each time they are killed, when the counter hits zero the enemy will not respawn. (I'm not sure if they don't respawn for a length of time, or are just gone from the game.) While this may sound like a bad thing, you can use it to your advantage by killing select enemies like, say, all the small-fry leading up to an enemy with a good series of animations. Just make sure you spare the enemy you want a few times while clearing the rest out and eventually it'll just be the two of you.

Like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1, getting good videos will require time consuming prep-time. Getting good looking armor that isn't simply super thick plate-mail will take some time. Getting enough health and defense to survive the entire animation will take some time, and simply getting to the areas you need will take some time.

KiLlEr CrOc

Potential Patron
Or you could get it for PC and acquire said items through "less conventional" means....if that's your thing

Last edited by a moderator:

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
So, I just finished my first play through of Dark Souls 2 and discovered a few things. First of all; maintaining your human form is a lot easier than in previous Soul games.
First off, Human Effigies aren't too rare. But, if you don't feel like spending them each time you want to record some content there are easier ways.

For one, there are in game rings called "Ring of Life Protection" and "Ring of Soul Protection" which, break upon death, but allow you to keep your humanity, and your souls. Now here's the thing. These rings break, yes, but can be repaired by a blacksmith for 3000, and 6000 souls respectively. They never are destroyed or removed from your inventory, so you can repair them and remain human for as long as you have the souls to repair them. You can obtain two Rings of Life Protection in one run through of the game, and a Ring of Soul Protection, which means you have three chances before you have to repair them.
If those rings seem like too much effort, late into the game you can do a rather easy and semi-short side quest to obtain a ring that allows you to maintain your human appearance, even while Hollow. While it's only appearance (and your health will decrease as per Hollowing) it should be more than enough for content creators.

Just a few things to keep in mind. I'm playing through the game for the second time and I'm going to let some of the more interesting monsters have their way with my gal. I won't be able to record content, but I'll let you know of any worthwhile scenes.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
So are the gals in this one are more attractive than the ones in the previous dark souls ? creating an attractive female in the previous game was as hard as completing the game :)

I tried to find any screenshots for the creation menu for female ones but didn't find any , glad that obtaining humanity in this one is more easier than the previous game

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
This is another of those times I wish whatever PS3 game I'm playing was on the PS4 so I could take screen shots just to show examples.

The faces on the character models are much, much, better this time around. They aren't anyting super amazing, but it substantially easier to make a decently attractive character. Though you still have to play around with the system quite a bit to get your ideal face, that's par for course for any game with CAC like this.

Also par for course, as this is a Dark Souls game, armor is more unisex and tends to be more realistically bulky. As such very few armor sets could be considered "sexy" though there is one that stands out. Obtainable from an enemy in the game is the "Desert Sorceress" set of gear, which consists of: a red hood with a veil, a leather strapless bra/tube top, long black gloves, and a red skirt with a high slit over thigh high stockings and heeled boots. The set is, some what obvious based on the name, more magically defensive so for content creators that's something to keep in mind when taking physical attacks.

ambi

Potential Patron
Yes. The Desert Sorceress set mentioned above actually comes from enemies wearing said set. There are also Archdrake Maidens and Priestesses, and Leydia Witches.

The backstab and counterattack animations are much more robust in DkS2 than in the first one.

As an alternative 'good looking' set, there is also the Witch's set, very specifically dressed sexily, with a high-slitted skirt, heels, and an open-backed dress.

As for animations and such...petrification makes a return from basilisks. There are the ogres/trolls that will grab and munch on your character. In the Wharf area, there are some enemies that throw bombs filled with oil that coat your character...if you get hit with fire while covered in oil, it will combust, causing your character to fall and writhe around on the ground. Mimics make a return, with a new look and new vicious animation when they grab you. There are two types of enemies in Black Gulch that will grab and try to eat your character. There are a couple of other enemies I've seen with grab animations, though they're a bit less impressive.

Also swarms of giant spiders. If you're into that kind of thing. I'm not.

chibataue

Potential Patron
so, i've finished the game 2 times... and all i've found "sexy", is the grab from the desert sorceress. if she grab you, she'll kiss the character two times, but with a huge damage >.<.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.