Can't load a character I've previously made? (1 Viewer)

throwawayjimothy

Potential Patron
I'm fairly new to SDT. I've made 2 different characters on separate occasions, and I'm trying to load them now and it's refusing. I've not changed the mods since then either?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've made 2 different characters on separate occasions, and I'm trying to load them now and it's refusing.
Please elaborate; we need a more complete idea of what's going wrong. Is the game giving you an error message when you attempt to load the saved character? Is it loading some parts of your saved characters but omitting some other details? Are your saved characters completely absent from the roster when you start the game?

Are you using the vanilla SDT game or the SDT Loader? Are you running the game in a web browser window or are you using the Flash Player projector application? Have you downloaded the game onto your local PC, or are you visiting a website which hosts a copy of the SDT game? Are your saved characters defined via folders or SOL charcodes? Can you reproduce the save-load problem with any saved character (such as a very simple clone of SD Chan), or does the problem appear only after you activate a specific set of customizations and mods?

Could you please describe the process that you used to create the characters? If you're using the in-game Save Character method, then could you please take a last-minute screenshot (just before you click the final "Save" button) so that we can check for possible filepath issues?

I've not changed the mods since then either?
Which mods are you using? Is there a particular subset of mods (e.g. hairstyles, clothing) which is refusing to load or otherwise misbehaving? Are you running any $INIT$ mods?

When is the last time that the game worked properly? (all mods perform as expected, saved characters load without issues, no error messages appear, etc)

Could you please try to run the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger application, in order to check for runtime errors?

throwawayjimothy

Potential Patron
Literally no error messages. The game loads and works completely fine. I can save characters too.
The problem arises when I load another character, and try to return to my own characters. Any of the characters that come with the game work and load fine, only my characters have issues.

I am using the SDT Loader via the projector application.

upload_2017-12-25_16-53-44.png

Here is the screenshot you asked for. This hasn't been changed at all.

I am using animtools, penisrange, more clothing and himsizer mods.

someGuy040

Potential Patron
What kind of issues? Does a piece of clothe fail to load, does all of the clothes loads at all, certain character settings like eye color, size, breast size, etc not load?

If it's a clothing error, sometimes sdt doesn't like saving swf files as part of your character. In those cases, you'll have to make a custom character folder to store your character in and have it save all your settings and character mods.

throwawayjimothy

Potential Patron
What kind of issues? Does a piece of clothe fail to load, does all of the clothes loads at all, certain character settings like eye color, size, breast size, etc not load?

If it's a clothing error, sometimes sdt doesn't like saving swf files as part of your character. In those cases, you'll have to make a custom character folder to store your character in and have it save all your settings and character mods.

Literally nothing happens. I click on the character to load and nothing happens. It's as if I'm not even clicking.
I know I am because it lets me load in the original presets.

someGuy040

Potential Patron
Have you tried saving the character through the character's folder method? Like I said, sometimes, the in game saving likes to bug out and it just doesn't work/ load characters properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.