Can't get poptobottom in moreclothing to work (1 Viewer)

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the setting is supposed to do or I'm doing it wrong, but I'm just not able to make the entries I place there actually hide behind other clothes. It will hide behind some tops, but not all.

Should be fairly simple, right?
Code:
+poptobottom=School Swimsuit,China Dress
I've tried adding :CostumeTop/:CostumeBra/etc without it making any difference.

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
Haven't used that modifier, but I believe it should be used this way:
School Swimsuit.swf=School Swimsuit:CostumeTop+poptobottom
(actual values may vary)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
it only affects layering when compared to the same modtypes loaded. essentially doing a similar thing if you have the mod earlier in the settings file.

and i should mention now that putting mods on different menus also does not change their modtype layering

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Code:
School Swimsuit.swf=School Swimsuit:CostumeTop+poptobottom
Doing it like this just makes it fail to load.

it only affects layering when compared to the same modtypes loaded. essentially doing a similar thing if you have the mod earlier in the settings file.

and i should mention now that putting mods on different menus also does not change their modtype layering

So a CostumeTop will only go under another CostumeTop, right, even if I "redirect" it to CostumeBra? Because that's what I'm currently trying to do. It seems it will go under SDT's default tops, but not the tops in moreclothing, and I can't figure out why.

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
Try getting the SWF files loaded before adding the "+popto..." modifier. Once they're loaded, you can then experiment with that modifier.

I haven't used "+poptobottom" at all, but have occasionally used the "+reghue" modifier, so working on the assumption that all "+" modifiers work alike.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
I don't think +poptobottom works the same way as +reghue, since it just throws up an error no matter what way I put it in the entry. Also, the +reghue is put in a commented section detailing entries while +poptobottom is its own setting in the settings file.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I don't think +poptobottom works the same way as +reghue, since it just throws up an error no matter what way I put it in the entry. Also, the +reghue is put in a commented section detailing entries while +poptobottom is its own setting in the settings file.
this is correct, poptotop is is own setting that gets applied after everything is loaded. where as these are all modifiers:

; Additional options: place at end of an entry:
; +reghue to register for loader hue shifting
; +nipple option for bras to show the nipple
; +allowoverwrite adds an exception to let the mod use overwrite when preventnonbodyoverwrite=1
; +regskintones registers the mod to perform skin tone changes using the 4 kinds of skins. light, pale, tan, dark. essentially makes the mod change to frame 0,1,2, or 3. i don't expect a lot of mods to need this

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.