Can´t get the coloring right (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Well it bothered me the most cause a lot of effort to make it look nice was for nothing.
This is the story of the life of most artists/modders. :rolleyes:
We could write a Loader mod which would alter the game's CustomElementLoader::generateCustomHair method. You would then be able to export very large files (such as 4800x9600 pixels); the game would downscale them for presentation. Aliasing issues could therefore be greatly reduced.
I do not really see the point of having a 10 MB mod (that would only be usable by some) while a better result would be obtained with a classic SWF mod of barely 10 kB.

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
So true

Well then i think its the best if i write a new request for the mod. If someone is interested please let me know. Right now i dont have the time but i leave the svg file here if anyone is interested. I did a hair mod for the spy costume of Kat from Gravity Rush
File-Upload.net - KatSpy2.svg

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Right now i dont have the time but i leave the svg file here if anyone is interested. I did a hair mod for the spy costume of Kat from Gravity Rush
File-Upload.net - KatSpy2.svg
It seems okay but I see some little flaws in the light yellow shape (in the "shade" layer).
You can see that the border (thin red lines) are sometimes too close to the edge of the outside line (left and right arrows) and a bit ouside the line (middle arrow).
zBL4mbE.jpg

This may cause the colour to overflow the outside line.
You should be careful to keep the fill borders in the middle of the outside lines. In fact you won't have to mind for this if you copy the outside line to use it as a fill border line.
In fact, I advise you to just copy the outline and use it in the base colour and shade layers by just deleting the surplus nodes.

By the way, you did a very good job on the google glass. :wink:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I did a hair mod for the spy costume of Kat from Gravity Rush
Flash doesn't understand the Blur effect from Inkscape gradients, so I tried to reproduce the effect manually. It's quite possible that I've missed some features; please notify me know if you find any errors or omissions.

The helmet casts a faint white "shadow" onto the face. It's not especially noticeable when it hits fair skin, but it creates a pronounced effect on dark skin or on the girl's eyebrows (which is easy to overlook because the helmet fully covers the girl's eyebrows on the template, and because the template doesn't show dark skin). I believe that it's an unintentional error (a cropping mistake) -- the white shading was meant to apply only to edge of the helmet, to suggest roundness or faceting. There's a faint dark shadow in the same region, but it's thinner and it makes visual sense to me. So I've prepared two versions: one with the original white gradient, and one with a re-cropped version of the white gradient. Both versions retain the dark shadow.

sdt-gravityRush-kat (cropped).swf
sdt-gravityRush-kat (original).swf

Some of the details (such as the gradient blur effect) have been lost during conversion. We don't need to publish this file in its current state; we can go through a few revisions until you're happy with it. Just let me know about anything that looks wrong.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Flash doesn't understand the Blur effect from Inkscape gradients
Flash do not understand much about SVG files in fact.
I tried to import this SVG into Animate CC and the glass of the google was missing. Also, the layers were messed up in grouped shapes nearly impossible to handle.
This happened most of the time when I tried to convert SVG to FLA, so I gave up my idea of publishing my old hair mods into SWFs, due to the time needed to do this (or maybe my lack of competence/experience on this).

stuntcock stuntcock : did you had to redraw the google lens in fact? It seems to be the same as Every_Tuesday's.

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
You can see that the border (thin red lines) are sometimes too close to the edge of the outside line (left and right arrows) and a bit ouside the line (middle arrow).
This may cause the colour to overflow the outside line.
You should be careful to keep the fill borders in the middle of the outside lines. In fact you won't have to mind for this if you copy the outside line to use it as a fill border line.
In fact, I advise you to just copy the outline and use it in the base color and shade layers by just deleting the surplus nodes.
Yeah, i should get into the habit of doing the outside line in one polygon so its in the end easier to reproduce. But i think its easier to do some delicate adjustment if you draw them separately, and i get kind of lazy sometimes :rolleyes:

The helmet casts a faint white "shadow" onto the face
I believe that it's an unintentional error (a cropping mistake)
I believe it is because i noticed that this happend on the exported .png file as well Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet.

There's a faint dark shadow in the same region, but it's thinner and it makes visual sense to me. So I've prepared two versions: one with the original white gradient, and one with a re-cropped version of the white gradient. Both versions retain the dark shadow.
Yes that was intentional as you can see in the ( sdt-gravityRush-kat (original).swf ) file. The "dark shadow" was supposed to be a rounded shadow that reflects from the cap, but unfortunately, cause of the "white shadow" you can´t spot it on the hair as it was meant to be.
It looks like this "white shadow" is some kind of outburst from the gradient of the cramp/staple of the edge ( for example Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet )

Some of the details (such as the gradient blur effect) have been lost during conversion. We don't need to publish this file in its current state; we can go through a few revisions until you're happy with it. Just let me know about anything that looks wrong.
i didn´t did much blur effects as i´m aware off. Mainly on the metal ring in the right corner of the cap, the pilot glasses and on the retaining strap from the glasses. For now it looks fine to me but i look into it a little more. The only thing that i noticed by now, besides the ones that you highlighted, is the light reflection on the glass as one seems to be missing.

By the way, you did a very good job on the google glass. :wink:
Thanks dude. I´m really proud of it myself as it looked really flat in most refferences i saw. :grin:
Thank you both for your time. Maybe its for the best if i wrote the request for her clothing and we discuss it further in that topic

stuntcock

Content Creator
stuntcock stuntcock : did you had to redraw the google lens in fact?
The "drawing" step was simply a fill operation, because the goggle outline was imported correctly from SVG. The elliptical gradient fill involved some side-by-side comparison and fine-tuning, but I began by copying the minor axis and major axes from Inkscape (so it was already quite similar).

The blur effects can't be reproduced. Flash's radial gradients will always appear "terraced" instead of "smooth". So there was no extra work involved at that stage -- it was simply a visual downgrade.

the light reflection on the glass as one seems to be missing.
It's not missing! It's just very very small :)

It's actually a fairly accurate copy of the sizes from the SVG. That's a peril that comes from working at 800% zoom: you created a very nice lens flare effect, and I copied it, but nobody else would ever have been able to see any of that work. I've increased the size so that the smallest mark should be visible in-game at max zoom with a default window size. If the game is played in fullscreen then the smallest mark should be visible at default zoom.

sdt-gravityRush-kat-revised.swf

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
It's not missing! It's just very very small :)
Well you certainly did fool me there , cause i didn´t noticed that at all ;)
I've increased the size so that the smallest mark should be visible in-game at max zoom with a default window size. If the game is played in fullscreen then the smallest mark should be visible at default zoom.

You did a fantastic job by now and im really happy with wat you actually done so far, cause even though blur effects can´t be reproduced you can´t nearly see any differences. You even reflect the lens efect pretty nice ( and im glad that people actually like it ). The only thing i noticed by now is this.

upload_2017-6-23_23-42-43.png

Some tips from the ponytail have a overlay from the base color of the hair. If you can fix that, that would be quite nice

Good work dude :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.