Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (8 Viewers)

Kirihito

Potential Patron
i dont get it. what do you mean by that?

For modders
  1. Download and install Windows x64 version of Java Runtime Environment from Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads
  2. Launch resorep.jar - double click it in Windows Explorer.
  3. It will prompt for the DirectX 11 64-bit dll location. Set it. It is usually C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll.
  4. Make sure that your Windows user has write rights for game folder!
  5. Click the "+" button in the "Applications to hook" section.
  6. Choose the game executable. Not the game launcher but game itself.
  7. [Optional] Change "Save original textures to" path if you wish.
  8. Launch the game.
  9. To reduce amount of captured textures, wait for the moment when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  10. Enable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  11. Disable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod was displayed in-game.
  12. Open folder specified in "Save original textures to".
  13. Find the texture you are going to mod in one of the subfolders. There are different subfolders for different texture compression algorithms.
  14. Mod the texture (I use GIMP 2 for that). You may change the texture resolution as you wish as long as you keep original aspect ratio.
  15. Save the texture to other folder using the same compression algorithm and with mipmaps setting set to "Generate mipmaps". You may add arbitrary text to file name by placing ~ after number in file name and placing text after ~. E.g. "123456789~Example text.dds"
  16. Do not delete the original unmodded dds! It may be required later to autoupdate your modded textures in case of Resorep hashing algorithm change.
  17. Now when you have the modded texture use steps from the "For mod users" section.
what this means is that the textures that you replace and the original is saved in the 'original' folder in resorep where it says 'Save the original texutres to:' All the files there are dds so you just have to find the right one. only tick this when u are about to load the textures you want and then untick it coz while ur ingame every texture that gets rendered is saved there.

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
For modders
  1. Download and install Windows x64 version of Java Runtime Environment from Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads
  2. Launch resorep.jar - double click it in Windows Explorer.
  3. It will prompt for the DirectX 11 64-bit dll location. Set it. It is usually C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll.
  4. Make sure that your Windows user has write rights for game folder!
  5. Click the "+" button in the "Applications to hook" section.
  6. Choose the game executable. Not the game launcher but game itself.
  7. [Optional] Change "Save original textures to" path if you wish.
  8. Launch the game.
  9. To reduce amount of captured textures, wait for the moment when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  10. Enable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  11. Disable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod was displayed in-game.
  12. Open folder specified in "Save original textures to".
  13. Find the texture you are going to mod in one of the subfolders. There are different subfolders for different texture compression algorithms.
  14. Mod the texture (I use GIMP 2 for that). You may change the texture resolution as you wish as long as you keep original aspect ratio.
  15. Save the texture to other folder using the same compression algorithm and with mipmaps setting set to "Generate mipmaps". You may add arbitrary text to file name by placing ~ after number in file name and placing text after ~. E.g. "123456789~Example text.dds"
  16. Do not delete the original unmodded dds! It may be required later to autoupdate your modded textures in case of Resorep hashing algorithm change.
  17. Now when you have the modded texture use steps from the "For mod users" section.
what this means is that the textures that you replace and the original is saved in the 'original' folder in resorep where it says 'Save the original texutres to:' All the files there are dds so you just have to find the right one. only tick this when u are about to load the textures you want and then untick it coz while ur ingame every texture that gets rendered is saved there.
yeah i did exactly like that but i still got like more than 300 dds files.

Kirihito

Potential Patron
yeah i did exactly like that but i still got like more than 300 dds files.
Delete them and then restart. make sure u only have the save ticked when you're loading ur textures. e.g. when u click ur char on the login screen. it will save the textures there.

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Delete them and then restart. make sure u only have the save ticked when you're loading ur textures. e.g. when u click ur char on the login screen. it will save the textures there.
yeah u r right. I got only less than 100 files now and I can find the file I want rather easily. Thanks

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Ye I've been wondering about that aswell. No matter what I tried I can't get any dds for any underwear.

remeber to untick it so it doesnt keep saving files.
im trying to edit Cavaro costume but i cant find the file related to the feathers and good new is I found the underwear file.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
but i still cant find the underwear file I want

With Resorep off (as in not recording textures), open the cash shop with your character in game. Choose the NEW tab and click on one of the male costumes so it gives you default male on your screen.
Switch on Resorep to start recording textures and immediately click the underwear type you're wanting to grab the texture for, the screen will switch back to your character wearing the underwear and it should get recorded.
Only let Resorep run for a few seconds, then stop it again.
Don't forget to chect the DXT5 folder, not just the DXT1.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
im trying to edit Cavaro costume but i cant find the file related to the feathers and good new is I found the underwear file.

Feathers texture files are usually just a single feather, so it's easy to overlook them, plus often those ones are DTX5s.
This means that your options for feathers are usually ON or OFF, you're not really able to edit the shape they make on the costume.

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Feathers texture files are usually just a single feather, so it's easy to overlook them, plus often those ones are DTX5s.
This means that your options for feathers are usually ON or OFF, you're not really able to edit the shape they make on the costume.
upload_2016-4-6_15-41-52.png
found this one but it's not the right one

Kirihito

Potential Patron
With Resorep off (as in not recording textures), open the cash shop with your character in game. Choose the NEW tab and click on one of the male costumes so it gives you default male on your screen.
Switch on Resorep to start recording textures and immediately click the underwear type you're wanting to grab the texture for, the screen will switch back to your character wearing the underwear and it should get recorded.
Only let Resorep run for a few seconds, then stop it again.
Don't forget to chect the DXT5 folder, not just the DXT1.
Nice it worked. Now all I need to wait for is the Model names for the silver empbroidered so I can change them since im always either using the crafting one or the fishing one.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
just to make sure im doing it correctly. I filled all alpha 1 with black to test if feathers are still there. Am I doing it correctly?

Not sure what you mean by filling it with black. If you coloured it black it will still be there, just black.
If you want it gone, you fill the file with nothing.
I recommend using Paint.net for editing texture files, it's easy to work with and the results are good.

Kirihito

Potential Patron
Ran into another problem, I found the underwear tried editing it but this happened.

Attachments

• RangerUWEsit.png
    RangerUWEsit.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 346

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Not sure what you mean by filling it with black. If you coloured it black it will still be there, just black.
If you want it gone, you fill the file with nothing.
I recommend using Paint.net for editing texture files, it's easy to work with and the results are good.
How do you fill the file with nothing? I used PS to edit dds files and it worked fine for other parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.