Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (3 Viewers)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
How do you fill the file with nothing? I used PS to edit dds files and it worked fine for other parts

When using Paint.net you cut away things you don't want to see, replacing what was there before with blank space.
I've never used PS so I've no idea how it works using that program sorry.

kenshin7

Casual Client
thats lovely mate any chance of sharing it?
Brilliant!
Please share with us. Do you allow me to put it in the first page?
Happy to share, but just note that it's a WIP!

Feel free to add to your post. I may end up creating my own thread at some point if I end up doing more texture mods. Sadly I'm now pretty time poor with my day job ramping up :(

Attachments

Kenshin-10_0009-EDIT.zip
414.1 KB · Views: 170

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
When using Paint.net you cut away things you don't want to see, replacing what was there before with blank space.
I've never used PS so I've no idea how it works using that program sorry.
upload_2016-4-6_16-54-13.png
so i replace this with
upload_2016-4-6_16-57-38.png
this and save the file to modded folder , right?

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Awesome! I'm glad that we could help each other.

I made my first attempt modding costumes, here's what I did:
View attachment 49682

Attached is the .dds and the .psd file, in case you want to do some changes.

Also I had to delete the file partcutdesc.xml to get the arms and torso to show, if you know a better way to achieve that (that doesn't clip), please let me know.

Peace
great work and I love it. Do you know how to shorten the skirt and put this upwards?
upload_2016-4-6_17-30-47.png

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Happy to share, but just note that it's a WIP!

Feel free to add to your post. I may end up creating my own thread at some point if I end up doing more texture mods. Sadly I'm now pretty time poor with my day job ramping up :(
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. Great job, man. It looks really impressive! I'm going to put it on the first page and credit you, of course xD

great work and I love it. Do you know how to shorten the skirt and put this upwards? View attachment 49995
I can shorten the skirt if I want, but the problem is that white fuzzy thing. It's a different mesh file, and a different texture. If I lift the skirt, it will create a gap between the skirt and the white thing. I can remove the white thing, I just have to find out which file is it, but I think it kinda ruins the dress if I remove it.

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. Great job, man. It looks really impressive! I'm going to put it on the first page and credit you, of course xD

I can shorten the skirt if I want, but the problem is that white fuzzy thing. It's a different mesh file, and a different texture. If I lift the skirt, it will create a gap between the skirt and the white thing. I can remove the white thing, I just have to find out which file is it, but I think it kinda ruins the dress if I remove it.
yeah that's what im asking. i tried to lift the white stuff and shorten the skirt but if you copy paste the white stuff under the skirt like this. White stuff is not completely gone and what's at the bottom of the dress is not the same as the white stuff.
upload_2016-4-6_17-46-21.png

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
yeah that's what im asking. i tried to lift the white stuff and shorten the skirt but if you copy paste the white stuff under the skirt like this. White stuff is not completely gone and what's at the bottom of the dress is not the same as the white stuff. View attachment 49996
This texture is a nightmare, I have no idea what those things are for:
56288235.jpg

You remove them, and you don't notice anything missing...

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Sometimes I wish I could talk to the guy who made the model so he can tell me what's going on, because I have no clue xD
lol. no worries. Your work is good enough. Do you have any ideas on how to remove feathers from Cavaro Costume? I tried so many different feather files and none of them works so im wondering if we need another way to remove feathers.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
lol. no worries. Your work is good enough. Do you have any ideas on how to remove feathers from Cavaro Costume? I tried so many different feather files and none of them works so im wondering if we need another way to remove feathers.
I haven't messed around with the Cavaro Costume yet. Maybe PrincessNicky will know.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
im encountering a wierd problem. I found the underwear dds file and changed it so I can only show stockings but after I restarted my computer bra on my character was suddenly showed. How can I fix it?
Are you using any mods that removes the underwear?
And you only modified the lower parts, right? If you didn't modify the upper part not to show as well, it will show.

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Are you using any mods that removes the underwear?
And you only modified the lower parts, right? If you didn't modify the upper part not to show as well, it will show.
idk why but after I put Ray Wing's mods into the Modded folder, bra just magically disappeared. I guess he did something to remove the bra. Anyway, if anyone needs to remove bra and keep other parts of the underwear, just use his mods and remove 2 body dds files and replace them with others' body mods.

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Finally complete my own maid costume! hmm...but I want to put it on my camouflage costume. I tried many times but can't work it out. Can you tell me how to do this?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Sometimes I wish I could talk to the guy who made the model so he can tell me what's going on, because I have no clue xD

This is all part of the Voodoo in costume textures :P
Besides that, you'll find some texture files will get used by more than one version of the costume, it could be the same costume on a different class/race or actually a whole different costume.
The extra bits not used on one costume get used on the other with some parts used in common.
The unwanted parts for either costume are simply ignored by the other.
It gets really fun when you discover a section of a costume that looks whole is only getting partly used, so you can't even recognise how it looks in the game ;)

But don't surprised if you never see the other costume that uses the extra bits, they might simply have never released it.

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
This is all part of the Voodoo in costume textures :P
Besides that, you'll find some texture files will get used by more than one version of the costume, it could be the same costume on a different class/race or actually a whole different costume.
The extra bits not used on one costume get used on the other with some parts used in common.
The unwanted parts for either costume are simply ignored by the other.
It gets really fun when you discover a section of a costume that looks whole is only getting partly used, so you can't even recognise how it looks in the game ;)

But don't surprised if you never see the other costume that uses the extra bits, they might simply have never released it.
dude, I tried all the files you gave me and also I downloaded paint.net and changed the files. However, still none of them worked. I guess I have to give up removing feathers. Btw, do you know how to put maid costume on camouflage costume?(I mean how to write the code)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
dude, I tried all the files you gave me and also I downloaded paint.net and changed the files. However, still none of them worked. I guess I have to give up removing feathers. Btw, do you know how to put maid costume on camouflage costume?(I mean how to write the code)

Dudette please!
You can find the right codes for your class here:
Black Desert Online - All Costumes for Valkyrie, Sorceress, Ranger and Witch | Undertow
I think the camouflage costume is just an upper body swap, so I have no clue if you can also swap-in shoes from the maid costume or if you'll be left barefoot.
As for the feathers problem on the other costume, I don't think I tried actually removing them because my mod didn't need that, the files I passed over were just ones I captured when starting to work on the costume so it's totally possible none of them are actually the right ones... but you have to try stuff to find out, that's how it works here ;)

Ruidong Wang

Potential Patron
Dudette please!
You can find the right codes for your class here:
Black Desert Online - All Costumes for Valkyrie, Sorceress, Ranger and Witch | Undertow
I think the camouflage costume is just an upper body swap, so I have no clue if you can also swap-in shoes from the maid costume or if you'll be left barefoot.
As for the feathers problem on the other costume, I don't think I tried actually removing them because my mod didn't need that, the files I passed over were just ones I captured when starting to work on the costume so it's totally possible none of them are actually the right ones... but you have to try stuff to find out, that's how it works here ;)
lol thought you are a dude. Im a ranger but I tried many codes and none of them worked.So im wondering if you know how to write the correct code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.