Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (3 Viewers)

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
Welp. I put a donation link in my signature. If this is against the forum rules (I couldn't find a forum rules page), please forgive me. Give me a warning and I'll remove it with no problem.
I don't see why it would be an issue as long as you don't lock your modding methods / patches behind a donation wall. I think Fleet would be the only person to really say yay or nay on it though.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
Welp. I put a donation link in my signature. If this is against the forum rules (I couldn't find a forum rules page), please forgive me. Give me a warning and I'll remove it with no problem.

Here are the rules. Something to note, I believe the easiest way to get a C&D letter from Daum is to monetize off of this. That said, I think you're clear. Should probably have just asked fleet beforehand though.

Website Rules

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Here are the rules. Something to note, I believe the easiest way to get a C&D letter from Daum is to monetize off of this. That said, I think you're clear. Should probably have just asked fleet beforehand though.

Website Rules
I don't see why is this a problem. I mean, Skyrim and Fallout at Nexus have donations, and it's I'm not "selling" anything, people can donate as a way to show appreciation for the mod. If they complain, I'll just have to obey, but I don't think it's wrong doing that, as long as it's according to this forum rules.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
I don't see why is this a problem. I mean, Skyrim and Fallout at Nexus have donations, and it's I'm not "selling" anything, people can donate as a way to show appreciation for the mod. If they complain, I'll just have to obey, but I don't think it's wrong doing that, as long as it's according to this forum rules.

Skyrim and Fallout mods aren't items locked behind a paywall in-game. They're original mods (most of the time) created by the user. That's the primary difference here. This mod circumvents the need to use the cash shop to purchase things that cost money. If this mod created new armour sets, then that would be comparable to Skyrim/Fallout. Funny you mention Skyrim though, there was a hilarious lawsuit/C&D drama thing that happened when one guy tried to make a skyrim follower mod that featured voice clips from Karl Pilkington. (An Iidiot Abroad TV series) They sent him a C&D letter.

I'm all for you doing this, I just hope Daum doesn't fuck it up as a result. I'm also not a lawyer, so anyone's guess is as good as mine to whether they can even do anything besides patch the game some more.

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
I see your point. Well, I don't even know if there are any people here willing to donate. If it doesn't work. I'll take it down and hopefully Daum won't sue me or anything.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
Please be a troll. Can fleet see where this dudes email comes from, or login location?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Just leave the troll talk by himself people. I really don't care what that guy thinks. I'm sure a lot of people here appreciate what I post here, and that' s all that matters to me, and we are not trying to rip anybody off.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Blackfire,
Whenever you are indoubt about site rules, check my siggie which contains a link. Asking for voluntary donations is specifically permitted. If you are unclear about any of the site rules, feel free to send me a PM.
Regarding trolls, please use the site's report function to report troll posts. Please do NOT feed the trolls.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks fleet for removing his messages. (At least I think you did)
I just hope that guy was actually a troll. Even if he is though, what he last said was a bit worrisome.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Blackfire,
Whenever you are indoubt about site rules, check my siggie which contains a link. Asking for voluntary donations is specifically permitted. If you are unclear about any of the site rules, feel free to send me a PM.
Regarding trolls, please use the site's report function to report troll posts. Please do NOT feed the trolls.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)
Thank you for your intervention fleet. I was having a hard time finding the rules page, but luckily now I have.
Thanks for clarifying the donation thing as well

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
Just leave the troll talk by himself people. I really don't care what that guy thinks. I'm sure a lot of people here appreciate what I post here, and that' s all that matters to me, and we are not trying to rip anybody off.
Just to note, appreciating your mod is pretty easy. You took the time and didn't give up when others might have. So that is great far as I'm concerned and i wish i could donate but sadly I'm so broke i have to do surveys just to buy games. So unless a filthy rich relative that i don't know about dies, i wont be donating to anyone lol. But i would if i could and it's the thought that counts right?

Now if only had a computer that could handle the mods and the game together without issue. Anyway glad you got it working and looking forward to seeing new mods released (By you and others.)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Just to note, appreciating your mod is pretty easy. You took the time and didn't give up when others might have. So that is great far as I'm concerned and i wish i could donate but sadly I'm so broke i have to do surveys just to buy games. So unless a filthy rich relative that i don't know about dies, i wont be donating to anyone lol. But i would if i could and it's the thought that counts right?

Now if only had a computer that could handle the mods and the game together without issue. Anyway glad you got it working and looking forward to seeing new mods released (By you and others.)
Your words were worth more than a donation.
Thank you, I really appreciate it :)

tet666

Potential Patron
Thanks fleet for removing his messages. (At least I think you did)
I just hope that guy was actually a troll. Even if he is though, what he last said was a bit worrisome.

None of the devs would come here and throw a tantrum i can assure you that.

Critical

Potential Patron
So, the new method makes it impossible to modify any of the Game tab settings, like messages from guild members logging in/out. Any fix for that?

Breeze

Potential Patron
Yes, the game checks the .paz files only once at the beginning of the launch (where you were getting the error messages)

- Removed Cape(0.o) when using Kibelius armor for Ranger.
- Fixed wings for Kibelius armor not apearing for the other classes
Download

There is an error in the zip
C4lE8dn.jpg

. The patch file does not work. Could you check? Thanks

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
So, the new method makes it impossible to modify any of the Game tab settings, like messages from guild members logging in/out. Any fix for that?
Are you talking about this?
game-settings.jpg

Here is working fine 0.o. What happens when you click on it?
There is an error in the zip
C4lE8dn.jpg

. The patch file does not work. Could you check? Thanks
I just removed that stupid file now. It wasn't really doing anything anyway. It was misnamed.
v1.43a
- Removed the file "ai +¦+¬+¦¦«_+¦¦¦+üExml" from the zip file.

Critical

Potential Patron
Are you talking about this?
View attachment 50837

Here is working fine 0.o. What happens when you click on it?

I can click everything just fine, but it resets to nothing after every restart. Also, the Display Online Guild Member Login Info setting doesn't do anything if I check or uncheck it - it always displays when someone from my guild logs in or out. It really annoyed me in the past, that's why I turned it off. Many other settings get completely unchecked.

I have to change pet visibility setting back to Hide All Pets and Navigation Guide Type every login, along with some other settings in this tab.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
I can click everything just fine, but it resets to nothing after every restart. Also, the Display Online Guild Member Login Info setting doesn't do anything if I check or uncheck it - it always displays when someone from my guild logs in or out. It really annoyed me in the past, that's why I turned it off. Many other settings get completely unchecked.

I have to change pet visibility setting back to Hide All Pets and Navigation Guide Type every login, along with some other settings in this tab.
You are right. This happens. I just tested it.
Well, I think this is the price we pay. At least the mod is working now.
Hopefully we can find a new workaround in the future, but for now, we are going to have to live with this.
Solution: Don't ever log off :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.