audio mod help (1 Viewer)

hey_there

Potential Patron
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone who has knowledge of modding for this game could help me out.

I'm wanting to make a mod that plays audio (very similar to Pim_gd's DialogueActions mod) after a written que (just like [AH_HARD], [OW], etc. in DialogueActions). I know how to edit and master audio (compression, limiting, EQ, reverb), and I was wondering if someone could help me understand and create a mod that does what DialogueActions does with audio, except with different written que's and audio.

So basically when someone who's using it writes a written que in a dialogue [EXAMPLE1], it will randomly select an audio clip (could be 3 different clips) that are assigned to the EXAMPLE1 variable, and again for [EXAMPLE2] (could be 3 more different clips), and so on.

Is this hard to do? What program should I be using to make the mod (Flash CS4/CS6/CC)? And how is it done (I'm a pretty big beginner when it comes to this stuff but am more than willing to learn)?

Thanks in advance.

hey_there

Potential Patron
Re: audio mod

Edit:

So I've done some digging, and I've looked at WeeWillie's mod he made for his Slave Bazaar Dialogue since I noticed he had added some new sounds. I can see in the Library is where you put the folders for .mp3 files and order them for each variable, but where and how do you put the code that tells the game when [EXAMPLE1] appears in a dialogue play a random EXAMPLE1 audio clip? I tried opening up the actions menu in scene 1 in his .fla file but there was no script there. Does anyone know how this is done?

You can find WeeWillie's .fla file in his bundle on his dialogue page. It's in the WeeWillie mod folder in the $INIT$ section of the loader if it can help you help me.

aztlan

Casual Client
I believe the latest version of Pim_Gd's Dialogue Actions in the Loader subfolder has the ability to call sound files. At first it could only do continuous looping ones but I think he's has or is modifying it to play it just once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.