Audio Dialogue Request (1 Viewer)

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Surprisingly no. If you use the audio editing software Audacity, it's fairly simple. I figured that the Jessica Albert and Bulk mod I proposed, needed to have an audio dialogue to make it complete.

pinosante

Potential Patron
Removing background audio is a pain in general. I use CoolEdit (the precursor to Audicity I think). Or do you have any smart tips how to fix that? :)

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
I don't know anything about CoolEdit but Audacity is a freeware program. The easiest way I can tell you to remove background audio is to:

1. Download and run Audacity.
2. Import your audio clip into Audacity. Make sure your audio clip contains at least a few seconds of uninterrupted background audio.
3. Select the seconds of background audio only.
4. Click "Effect" and select "Noise Removal / Get Noise Profile"
5. Select the whole file and Click "Effect" and select "Noise Removal" again. Only this time move the scroll bar to select the amount of background you wish to remove.
NOTE: the more you remove, the more it will effect your "Voice" Too little and you'll still hear music, too much and the voice will be distorted.
6. Click preview to analyze how your file will sound, BEFORE you click "Remove Noise"
7. "Remove Noise" and listen to your file. You can now select individual areas of the sentence. I.E. between words and click "Generate / Silence" to further remove background noise, as well as "cut" away unwanted bits, like the few seconds of background audio, used to get the noise profile.
8. Click "File / Export as WAV" OR "File / Export as MP3"

If your voice file still sounds strange to you, you can edit it with more of the features, changing speed, pitch, bass, etc until it sound like you want. BUT I suggest you save it AFTER you get the back ground removed first, so if it gets worse, you can start over from that point.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
dantethedarkprince said:
I don't know anything about CoolEdit but Audacity is a freeware program. The easiest way I can tell you to remove background audio is to:

1. Download and run Audacity.
2. Import your audio clip into Audacity. Make sure your audio clip contains at least a few seconds of uninterrupted background audio.
3. Select the seconds of background audio only.
4. Click "Effect" and select "Noise Removal / Get Noise Profile"
5. Select the whole file and Click "Effect" and select "Noise Removal" again. Only this time move the scroll bar to select the amount of background you wish to remove.
NOTE: the more you remove, the more it will effect your "Voice" Too little and you'll still hear music, too much and the voice will be distorted.
6. Click preview to analyze how your file will sound, BEFORE you click "Remove Noise"
7. "Remove Noise" and listen to your file. You can now select individual areas of the sentence. I.E. between words and click "Generate / Silence" to further remove background noise, as well as "cut" away unwanted bits, like the few seconds of background audio, used to get the noise profile.
8. Click "File / Export as WAV" OR "File / Export as MP3"

If your voice file still sounds strange to you, you can edit it with more of the features, changing speed, pitch, bass, etc until it sound like you want. BUT I suggest you save it AFTER you get the back ground removed first, so if it gets worse, you can start over from that point.
You seem to be a smart cookie, any interest in tearing up a Catwoman file and make an audio dialogue from it? I have the file somewhere if you are interested.

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Not a problem at all, just post me the download link for the audio files, and the "script" and I'll get you whatever you need. Fixing audio and drawing images is what I do, but I'm no good at making dialogues or mods. That's what I got you guys for ;D.

But just for reference, this is what I'm capable of presently. I'm still working on them, but it's just a sample for now.

Attachments

Not this again! - original.wav
577.3 KB · Views: 539

Not this again! - tweaked.wav
382.1 KB · Views: 462

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
dantethedarkprince said:
Not a problem at all, just post me the download link for the audio files, and the "script" and I'll get you whatever you need. Fixing audio and drawing images is what I do, but I'm no good at making dialogues or mods. That's what I got you guys for ;D.

But just for reference, this is what I'm capable of presently. I'm still working on them, but it's just a sample for now.
I have no script, it's just a file with plenty of clips that are suggestive I believe. A script would need to be written from the audio.

pinosante

Potential Patron
dantethedarkprince said:

Hi, thanks for the example and your detailed explanation. That's exactly how I do it with Cool Edit as well. The examples you give are good, but I get the same results. To me, they sound a bit "robot like". I gave up on trying to remove the robot-liked-ness. :(

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Like I said these are just examples of the background audio being removed. The robot-like sounding voice is the result. A more natural sounding voice takes a bit more work, using the high-pass and low-pass filters, as well as bass tweaking, tempo, pitch, etc. Also there's a tutorial on how to make an actual robot voice on youtube. By reverse engineering the steps you can remove the robotic quality.

Apperently, I'm not the only one trying to do this, so I guess I'll make a more in depth step by step for the tutorial forum.

Anon: Go ahead and post a link for me and I see what I can do.

pinosante

Potential Patron
dantethedarkprince said:
Like I said these are just examples of the background audio being removed. The robot-like sounding voice is the result. A more natural sounding voice takes a bit more work, using the high-pass and low-pass filters, as well as bass tweaking, tempo, pitch, etc. Also there's a tutorial on how to make an actual robot voice on youtube. By reverse engineering the steps you can remove the robotic quality.

Apperently, I'm not the only one trying to do this, so I guess I'll make a more in depth step by step for the tutorial forum.

Anon: Go ahead and post a link for me and I see what I can do.
If you know how to get rid of the robot-ness I would be super interested to know how. I have fiddled a lot with the noise filter, tried to get different noise profiles, frequency filters, etc. But in most cases, if I'd get the robot-ness out, too much of the sound sample would be ruined. I'm following your progress with avid interest :).

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Way to put a guy in the spotlight! Lol, I'm currently working on a visual and audio tutorial. I'll post the mediafire link as soon as it's finished and I'm positive that anyone with basic Audacity knowledge could follow it.

Okay, I've started a Tutorial Guide. Here's the link, although this is just what you know already more are soon to follow, so bookmark it and keep up. I'll be posting more Video Tutorials as I finish them.

http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2853.0

pinosante

Potential Patron
dantethedarkprince said:
Way to put a guy in the spotlight! Lol, I'm currently working on a visual and audio tutorial. I'll post the mediafire link as soon as it's finished and I'm positive that anyone with basic Audacity knowledge could follow it.

Okay, I've started a Tutorial Guide. Here's the link, although this is just what you know already more are soon to follow, so bookmark it and keep up. I'll be posting more Video Tutorials as I finish them.

http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2853.0
Awesome!

CannotGoogleMe

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
Hmmmm.... I don't know if it is posted anywhere on the forum, but here is Konashion's link. http://www.mediafire.com/?fc3udc9d7dn1y0d

:( Unfortunately, it looks like Konashion's link is down. I can't find a link to insecure.swf anywhere. Would it be possible for someone to re-upload or re-create the .swf?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
CannotGoogleMe said:
Anonymous said:
Hmmmm.... I don't know if it is posted anywhere on the forum, but here is Konashion's link. http://www.mediafire.com/?fc3udc9d7dn1y0d

:( Unfortunately, it looks like Konashion's link is down. I can't find a link to insecure.swf anywhere. Would it be possible for someone to re-upload or re-create the .swf?
I'll reupload it when I get a chance, it'll be on my thread when I do so.

Uploaded on my thread.

ThyDungeonman

Potential Patron
So I, uh, have a request. It's pretty much finished -- all the audio files are named properly, the .txt document is set up, I tested the text alone and it worked. I'm putting the finishing touches on it with some actions and stuff, and in the meantime I have a question about coughing and interrupting?

The audio files I'm drawing from don't really have a lot of potential for those effects, so I'm "CLEAR"ing all categories individually except for those, so that the dialogue draws on the previously-active dialogue for those audio files. Could that result in any... unintended weirdness? If I have two or three custom coughs, will the previously-in-use coughs interfere with the proper function of the dialogue? Is there a more effective way to fix my cough & interrupt shortage?

Thanks!

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
ThyDungeonman said:
So I, uh, have a request. It's pretty much finished -- all the audio files are named properly, the .txt document is set up, I tested the text alone and it worked. I'm putting the finishing touches on it with some actions and stuff, and in the meantime I have a question about coughing and interrupting?

The audio files I'm drawing from don't really have a lot of potential for those effects, so I'm "CLEAR"ing all categories individually except for those, so that the dialogue draws on the previously-active dialogue for those audio files. Could that result in any... unintended weirdness? If I have two or three custom coughs, will the previously-in-use coughs interfere with the proper function of the dialogue? Is there a more effective way to fix my cough & interrupt shortage?

Thanks!
I believe, if you add NO coughing/interrupt dialogue it will just use the default coughing and interrupts. IMO not a problem.

If you add custom coughs or interrupts, it should not use default ones. It's one way or the other.

To clarify though, you can use default coughs and custom interrupts or vice verse.

fruitloops

Potential Patron
Hey I made a dialog with all the sounds. Here's the zip, if you could please make the swf mod with it. Hope I did this right. :-[

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
fruitloops said:
Hey I made a dialog with all the sounds. Here's the zip, if you could please make the swf mod with it. Hope I did this right. :-[
Renaming the files is necessary.

fruitloops

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
fruitloops said:
Renaming the files is necessary.
Renaming the .zip file itself? If the name is a problem, being as who the character is we can just change the name to Cristina_Ulloa.zip but other than that you mean the txt file or sound files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.